One Year of Barbells and Ice-Cream: My Story…So Far (pics)

Replies

• BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    SOMEONE PIN THIS!

You are a physical and intellectual inspiration.

You look fantastic these days, but you still have that beautiful smile in your before pics too :-)

Thank you so much for the tireless efforts in the forums slaying dragons of the "diet" and "fitness" industry.
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Rockin' it girl!! Such fantastic progress. Congrats!
  • That is one amazing story / journey. You have transformed into a lean-mean fighting machine, and i know you are an inspiration to not only people our age (40-somethings that is) but to all the other members on here that are looking for advice on eating and exercising THE RIGHT WAY. I've seen your posts on the forums, and statuses on here, and i will say that you are definitely one of the popular members (IMO) on here. Keep up the great work Sara!
  • Mcmilligen
    Mcmilligen Posts: 332 Member
    Wow, such an inspiration! Thank you so much for sharing :) . PS, you do NOT look your age ;)
  • autumnk921
    autumnk921 Posts: 1,374 Member
    You are my new INSPIRATION !! Thank you for sharing this with us and you look AMAZING !!!!:drinker:

:flowerforyou:
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Clearly, ice cream > our collective faces.
  • homerjspartan
    homerjspartan Posts: 1,893 Member
    Congrats you look great. I will admit I stopped reading when you ran off to Willoughby's house in the rain and was saved by Colonel Brandon only to catch that infection.......
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    413f4d0a-b0c0-446a-b64f-08616cd84199_zps805a8b06.jpg

I absolutely LOVE this pic of yours and am so happy that you used it!

You have achieved so much and you're a great inspiration to men like me and I hope to be able to lift weights like a girl someday :)

ETA: Where are my manners

hi Sarauk2sf
  • ashleen7
    ashleen7 Posts: 258 Member
    Such an inspiration!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Love every word and pixel. :drinker: :flowerforyou: :heart: :love:
    You will notice a progression…as I lost my weight, I also lost my clothes in my pics…it came with increased confidence. Some may not ‘get it’, but going from someone who was too embarrassed to post a pic of herself at all, to someone confident enough to post pics showing skin is a huge deal for me.

When I joined, the only picture I was willing to show was a closeup of the tattoo on my calf, so... I relate. :smile:
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    You are fantastic. You always have great advice for people who are new to lifting, as well.

Congratulations on achieving your goals. You have worked hard.
  • Sublog
    Sublog Posts: 1,296 Member
    Sara you continue to inspire me every day!! Thank you for all of your advice and support! I owe you so much! Thank you for posting your story, I know how hard it is to put yourself out there. This thread will inspire so many men and women!! <3 to you!! :-D

Long live the queen of mfp!!!
  • pspetralia
    pspetralia Posts: 963 Member
    Great post!! I find you to be very inspirational, Congrats on the weight loss and finding what works for you!!!
  • Jamcnair
    Jamcnair Posts: 586 Member
    Awesome!
  • Barbellerella
    Barbellerella Posts: 1,838 Member
    Happy to call you friend! Xoxo
  • irishguns
    irishguns Posts: 53 Member
    You're awesome! Just sayin'!
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Hey remember that one time when you thought you weren't hot?

Lolololollolblolly.
  • almc170
    almc170 Posts: 1,093 Member
    You are a rockstar!! Congrats on your amazing progress!
  • a_vettestingray
    a_vettestingray Posts: 654 Member
    What? How do you look so amazing with detoxes, keytones and 3 day diets? And dairy - the horror!

You have done a fantastic job - I can't believe that you were able to do that in a year! :drinker:

I love that you want to share your knowledge and experience with the rest of us - way to pay it foward!
  • ktrn0312
    ktrn0312 Posts: 720 Member
    Fabulous job. You look hot!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!