Your 15 Minutes are Up...

Replies

• Lita Ford, who came into a bar I was working at.

Tom Hanks, his sister lived down the street from my parents, Bosom Buddies days.
  • iAMsmiling
    iAMsmiling Posts: 2,394 Member
    More infamous, then famous, but I knew Gerald Stano - a serial killer from Ormond Beach, Florida, when I was a teenager. I used to hitchhike "back in the day" and met him through a friend. He told me to call him anytime I needed a ride because hitchhiking was dangerous!! He literally gave me 100's of rides over the course of a year or two and he was never out of line with me! He killed 41 women and was executed many years ago.

Hey, that's creepy. Maybe he was saving you for last?
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Elton John.
    I had a college job working at a theater where he played back in the early 1980s. I got to play scales on his piano!
  • Oh, yeah, I met Lou Holtz once, too. It was at a bar in East Liverpool, Ohio. I had actually never heard of him, but the guys I was with were sports fans and recognized him instantly.
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    I've met a few, Bobby Rush (for political & history junkies), Paula Newby Fraser (for triathlon junkies), Ozzie Smith (for baseball junkies), but the one that gets the most attention is the time I "high-fived" Oprah during the Chicago Marathon many years ago. My gramma who came with me to Chicago, almost peed her pants when I told her.
  • cindiva65
    cindiva65 Posts: 335 Member
    Growing up around the music business I have met alot of famous people. The funniest story I have was meeting Chuck Norris.

While on tour with Loretta Lynn she announced that Chuck Norris was in attendance at the concert. We were all backstage and the band was quite excited to meet Mr. Norris. I on the other hand had no clue who he was. This was back in the early mid 80's when he was filming his Missing in Action movie.

So here I am standing around and my mom says "Cindy you should get his autograph". I said, "Which one is Chuck Norris?" Well low and behold I was standing RIGHT next to him. He looked over and smiled and laughed and said, "Hi Cindy, Im Chuck Norris." and hugged me. LOL

He couldn't have been any nicer or sweeter. He was not offended in the least and thought it was quite amusing. He stood and talked to me and my parents for quite awhile. He talked about his brother dying in Vietnam right around the same time my cousin did.

He is a very nice man. When I see all those jokes now about how "big and bad" he is I laugh. He's not a big man, slightly taller than me really and very gentle. I suppose he could kick butt he if needed to but its not the side I seen of him.
  • Hadabetter
    Hadabetter Posts: 941 Member
    Charles Barkley - Rode down an elevator alone with him in Tampa. He was in town to have his injured knee evaluated, and I was there at a business meeting.

Troy Aikman - Rode down an elevator with a small group, and him. We were all leaving a Texas Rangers baseball game. I was in some corporate VIP suite as a guest, and he was in a VIP suite as a VIP!

Famous Amos - He spoke at a business meeting I was at in Kailua Kona, Hawaii.

Oh yeah...almost forgot. I stayed at a golf resort in Austin, Tx once as birthday present, and Jack Nicklaus was there. I bumped into him probably 1/2 dozen times during a 2-day period. Got his autograph etc.
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,262 Member
    No one exciting. Just your burned out, 80's one-hit wonder Henry Lee Summer. I worked at guitar center at the door and this hobo guy came in to sell a guitar. I wrote down the serial number and asked him his name and he said "Henry". One of the guitar guys came up to me and ask who the guitar belonged to and I said, ' the guy playing over there who looks like he is homeless..." and pointed to him. The guitar guy said, "uh Mandy, that is Henry Lee Summer" and laughed at me as he walked away. I felt like an idot.
    You see what drugs did to him...

henry-lee-summer-ive-got-everything-1989-music-cd-front-cover-16164.jpg

henry-lee-summer-mug-shot.jpg
  • wilkyway
    wilkyway Posts: 151
    Ok, a couple here...

THE Joe Weider in Vegas 2010. At the Fitness Olymipia Expo... Also, Carmen Electra and Fitness Supermodel Alicia Marie the same day.

Snoop Dogg at a private concert in the amazing club 'The Box' in Soho, LDN.
  • dalehall64
    dalehall64 Posts: 290 Member
    I've met some race car drivers in the past (Freddie Smith, Scott Bloomquist, Elliot Sadler, Ricky Rudd, Tina Gordon, and others) over the years, along with a few hockey players when Atlanta still had a team.

Recently, I worked on the set of "The Vampire Diaries" and worked directly with Zach Roerig, Paul Wesley, Nina Dobrev and Erin Beute for 4 days. I also got work with a few famous, but unknown to the public, stuntwomen during that time.
    Famous but unknown: You've seen their work, but didn't know it was them. :)
  • _DaniD_
    _DaniD_ Posts: 2,186 Member
    Jon Bones Jones at a club after I snuck into VIP. Metallica at a pub, they bought me a shot of Tequila.

All the Trailer Park Boys - several times.
  • Ron White---Came to the restaurant where I worked, very funny comedian!!
    Donald Driver--Green Bay Packers BABY!!! His smile even more amazing in person!
    Lionel Ritchie-- In New York, coming out of Trump Tower with.....
    Lenny Kravitz---in the company of Ritchie, and was very friendly, and allowed us to get pictures with him! Simply Gorgeous, but a lot shorter than I had expected...
    Hugh Grant---Turned and looked at me, as he ran to his limo...I got to see more of his behind....but thats ok!!
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    I'm going to meet _DaniD_ in September. I win.
  • _DaniD_
    _DaniD_ Posts: 2,186 Member
    I'm going to meet _DaniD_ in September. I win.

You win everything.
  • MereExtraordinaire
    MereExtraordinaire Posts: 143 Member
    I once met Bill Murray at a stoplight. He walked up to my car, licked my windshield, whispered "No one's gonna believe you," and walked away.

Well played, Bill Murray. Well played.
  • swarovski75
    swarovski75 Posts: 195 Member
    Nelson Mandela. He came to speak in the House of Commons. I was a Parliament Hill staffer at the time. There was a lottery for gallery seats and I was one of the lucky ones who got one. He spent some time shaking hands with us after the fact. Small man, powerful voice, even more powerful message. :)
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    I met Don Knotts maybe a year before he died. We had seen him in a play and his co-star was a friend of our family, so we all had a brief chat together after a matinee performance.
  • perfectingpatti
    perfectingpatti Posts: 1,037 Member
    I met Matthew Perry at Fred Segal in Santa Monica and I know Gary Kubiak.
  • sbbhbm
    sbbhbm Posts: 1,312 Member
    I met George W. Bush at a dinner party during the Southeastern Wildlife Expo. They had a huge party for all of the artists that were presenting, and he was there. Not really sure why. I can tell you this though, he's just as vacant in person as he appeared while giving speeches on TV.

I also met all of Blue Monday when I was in college- they're not that famous though. They were performing at my college, and their tour bus blocked my car in.
  • Krys_140
    Krys_140 Posts: 648 Member
    I met Michael Jordan, John Cusack and DB Sweeney during my bachelorette party, got to hang out with George Lopez and his entourage during one of his tours, and have met Bon Jovi (the whole band) a few times, thanks to a personal connection my mom has with the drummer.

Michael Jordan is the most famous, Bon Jovi is the one I treasure most, and George Lopez is the best story.