Your 15 Minutes are Up...

Options

Replies

• oh_em_gee
    oh_em_gee Posts: 887 Member
    Options
    The lead singer of Relient K

I also know the founder of espn, but no one really knows him for that by name
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    I once met Bill Murray at a stoplight. He walked up to my car, licked my windshield, whispered "No one's gonna believe you," and walked away.

Well played, Bill Murray. Well played.

Best story ever.

The most famous celebrity I ever met was Michael Jordan, he stayed at a hotel I worked at. The nicest were Pauley Perrete and Artie Lange.
  • Krys_140
    Krys_140 Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    The most famous celebrity I ever met was Michael Jordan, he stayed at a hotel I worked at. The nicest were Pauley Perrete and Artie Lange.
    I follow Pauley on Twitter, and she couldn't be sweeter on there. Not at all surprised she was nice in person.
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    Mike Singletary NFL Hall of Fame Linebacker for DA BEARS!!! He was at a local Menards shopping....caught him walking in as I was walking out....they said he was coming in quite a bit (after retiring but before coaching) \m/
  • xprettyreckless
    xprettyreckless Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I've seen a lot, but the most famous ones that I actually met and talked to were Beyonce and William Hurt.

Beyonce, at a VIP greet&meet in 2005.

William Hurt after a fabulous theater play in Oregon. I talked to him for a good twenty minutes,
    walked him back to his car after the show, and then he actually offered me a ride back home. It was amazing.
  • CheriLMT
    CheriLMT Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I guess the most famous would be George W. Bush before he became president he came and did a presentation in my area and I got picture taken with him.....I also met almost all of 1997 St. Louis Cardinals team and got their autographs that was great year full pf memories
  • EatClean_WashUrNuts
    EatClean_WashUrNuts Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Lets see....I'd say the top 4 all time for me...

Doug Clifford and the rest of CCR. Went to school with Doug's kids...Got to sit in while they jammed and get a major contact high
    Leonard Nimoy - Helped teach his grandkids to ski
    Carroll Shelby - My grandfather and he used to build race cars together. Wicked cool guy, he was.
    Belinda Carlisle - New all the Go-Go's when they were a garage band....man was she hot.
  • _Elemenopee_
    _Elemenopee_ Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    Julia Child, Mike Meyers, Jerry Seinfeld, Dr. Ruth, Dame Judi Dench, Daniel Davis...I don't remember the others (there are a few more). I worked at an upscale food and housewares market on the Upper West Side in Manhattan for 7 years and got to meet, greet, and talk to a lot of famous people. Good times!

Dr. Ruth was smaller than any adult I'd ever met before and boy was she chatty!

ETA: I also ran into Madonna and Lola (Lourdes) when she was a little girl while walking my dog towards Riverside Park. This young girl was walking with her mother and a very large man (bodyguard) and asked if she could pet my dog. I said yes of course as I met her mothers eyes to see if it was ok with her. She pet her and thanked me, as did her mother. It didn't register who they were till I kept on walking and turned around...HOLY CRAP, I just met Madonna and Lourdes! Made my day!
  • Momf3boys
    Momf3boys Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options
    i've literally never met anyone famous.

Hi...my name is Momf3boys...nice to meet you...there ya go :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • The_Outlaw_Torn
    The_Outlaw_Torn Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I havent met any super famous stars but I did run around with Jaret from Bowling For Soup, we lived in Denton TX together before he was famous. I also briefly dated a well known radio DJ from Dallas Tx ( I wont name him lol)

Russ Martin? :p
  • Daysednconfused
    Daysednconfused Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    More infamous, then famous, but I knew Gerald Stano - a serial killer from Ormond Beach, Florida, when I was a teenager. I used to hitchhike "back in the day" and met him through a friend. He told me to call him anytime I needed a ride because hitchhiking was dangerous!! He literally gave me 100's of rides over the course of a year or two and he was never out of line with me! He killed 41 women and was executed many years ago.

Hey, that's creepy. Maybe he was saving you for last?

Aren't you supposed to save the best for last?? LOL - luckily I never had to find out!
  • BeingAwesome247
    BeingAwesome247 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    Ok about to sound lame....

Backstreet boys when I was 12 - friend's dad worked for a local radio station so he snagged us back stage meet & greet passes
    98* when I 16 - won tickets to a concert out of town and they were at the same hotel we were at.

Got really close to Jacoby d!ck from papa roach b/c he came into the crowd at a concert

Missed meeting Bam Margera by minutes once when I was in West chester, PA
  • Southernb3lle
    Southernb3lle Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    My hubby and I went into a CVS in Huntsville Alabama and Thomas Mikal Ford (Tommy off the show Martin) came in and was shopping. It didn't register at first. He is a big guy..smelled good too. :)
  • shellma00
    shellma00 Posts: 1,684 Member
    Options
    I met Gretchen Wilson, unfortunately it was at her Uncle Vern's funeral visitation. Uncle Vern was my uncles best friend so he has always been a friend of the family. My brother is friends with Gretchen and has even stayed a couple weekends w/ Vern at her ranch when she was there and she recorded his bands album and even sung background for them.

I grew up with a guy who is an actor on many top TV shows, but he is not famous yet. To me he is though. He's been on CSI, True Blood, Southland, and more plus some movies. The next show he will be on is The Mentalist.

I bet I have seen many famous people and did not even recognize them. I am not very observant when it comes to that kind of thing.
  • Ashley_Panda
    Ashley_Panda Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    I havent met any super famous stars but I did run around with Jaret from Bowling For Soup, we lived in Denton TX together before he was famous. I also briefly dated a well known radio DJ from Dallas Tx ( I wont name him lol)

Russ Martin? :p

That was my exact thought the moment I read it. Rofl.
  • RedHotHunter
    RedHotHunter Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Hmmm, I was once lifting weights right next to Tiger Woods, but I cant say I "met" him. I have recently had a few conversations with pro wrestler and former American Gladiator, Matt Morgan. He offered to spot me. That makes him very cool in my book.
  • sillygoosie
    sillygoosie Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    I'm friends with Brandon Barnes from Rise Against. We went to high school together.

Raymond Bourque came into the clothing store where I worked at the time he played with the Avs. I made a total fool of myself trying to play it cool and wait on him.
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    Jon Bones Jones at a club after I snuck into VIP.

Jealous, he's my favorite fighter :heart:
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    Also forgot to mention.....In 3rd grade living in Arkansas then Governor Bill Clinton visited our school droning on about the education system. I was up next in kickball when they called us in....I knew that guy was gonna be trouble \m/

Then, last year we were in the stands at Wrigley Field when we realized we were about 4 rows behind Bill Murray...he stayed the whole time even though it rained and the Cubs lost badly that day \m/
  • SPBROOKS68
    SPBROOKS68 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Jon Bones Jones at a club after I snuck into VIP.

Jealous, he's my favorite fighter :heart:

ME TOO!! Would love to meet him