Could I wear this dress to a friend's wedding?

Options
NYCNika
NYCNika Posts: 611 Member
$(KGrHqN,!g0FC1yPYgseBQ7D0UDOVQ~~60_3.JPG

here is the link for a close-up:
http://www1.bloomingdales.com/shop/product/sue-wong-metallic-silk-jacquard-beaded-gown?ID=511344&PseudoCat=se-xx-xx-xx.esn_results

Do you think it is appropriate, or is too close to bridal and make the bride uncomfortable?

Replies

• fara180
    fara180 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    it's a beautiful dress, but i would steer clear of whites and ivory at a wedding. go for something navy blue instead!
  • Micahroni84
    Micahroni84 Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    it's a beautiful dress, but i would steer clear of whites and ivory at a wedding. go for something navy blue instead!

^ this. It's a little too close to being bridal. Great dress though. Is it a black tie wedding? If not I'd say that's a bit fancy anyway.
  • NYCNika
    NYCNika Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    I'd hate to think that deep colors are my only option. It would be nice to wear something glamorous like this. But to where?

I don't go to top level benefit dinners, but I do go to plenty of weddings.

It would be nice to go all out and look gorgeous after loosing some weight.
  • CaddieMay
    CaddieMay Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Too close to looking "bridal." You don't have to go with "deep" colors, just not something so close to white/ivory. Hope you find something!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,015 Member
    Options
    You can wear florals. Or pastel. White or ivory is a no-no at a wedding though.
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options
    Too bridal, wear the dress but a different color.
  • AmazonRDH
    AmazonRDH Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    its beautiful but i'd say no................
  • rodafer
    Options
    No.
  • kitigonkukoo
    kitigonkukoo Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    agreed- no white or ivory as a base... if you want to do a pastel or something go for that, doesn't have to be dark colors. :smile: It is pretty though, if you went on a cruise you could wear it for formal night, or an other event outside of a wedding...
  • CollegiateGrief
    CollegiateGrief Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    If you want to piss off the bride. go for it.
  • IronMikeFox
    Options
    Don't know if it is appropriate or not, since I am a dude (LOL), but DAYUM that is a HOT dress!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I SOOOOOOOOOO wish I could get my wife to wear something like that!
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    No.
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    It's gorgeous, but I wouldn't wear it to a wedding. But if it came in a shorter cut, or in a different color, I'd say go for it!
  • erinxo13
    erinxo13 Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    if someone wore that to mine i'd be mad, its beautiful but anything near white shouldn't be worn by anyone except the bride.
  • BECav0602
    BECav0602 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I agree. I also think its too bridal. The dress is absolutely gorgeous though. You also want to remember at wedding you never want to take the attention away from the bride. =)
  • Midnight_Sunshine
    Midnight_Sunshine Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Definitely not.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    If that friend is your fiancee, I think you'd be okay. But mostly no.
  • twinketta
    twinketta Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    if you look like the model in the picture...then wow...so you would for sure distract from the bride!!!

If I looked like the model in the pic and I was going to a wedding then I would wear something a little bit in keeping with being a guest?
  • kaa02c
    kaa02c Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    No ma'am, you should never wear Ivory or whites to a wedding. I'm planning my wedding and would be pissed if someone wore it to my wedding. In fact I'm stating what colors are discouraged from being worn. Choose something else!
  • littlelily613
    littlelily613 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    I wouldn`t say you necessarily have to pick something navy blue--but I would definitely not wear that dress at the wedding (although it is very pretty!)