Could I wear this dress to a friend's wedding?

Options

Replies

• Stinkerbelle84
    Options
    That is an absolutely beautiful dress! It is alittle too close to "bridal" though. I adore it!
  • wildcatnyc
    wildcatnyc Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    No - it looks too much like a wedding dress. Stay away from whites and creams...even very pale pink can be iffy.
  • Tuffjourney
    Options
    No
  • LetsMakeupXtina
    LetsMakeupXtina Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    not appropriate at all. no.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    don't wear a full length gown, and especially not in white... :grumble:

If the wedding is a formal evening wedding, she better wear a full length gown! (just not white or ivory)
  • marinegirl92
    marinegirl92 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    BUY the dress! IT's gorgeous! Make your own kinda event and wear it out looking all hot and sexy! GO FOR IT!
  • momasox
    momasox Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    No way... it is beautiful though. But that color is a big no, no.
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    If you wear a dress like that in white or off-white (bridal dress colors) people are going to think that you were actively trying to be disrespectful to the bride and the whole wedding. Sometimes people never forget things like that. You will make a bad impression. As others said, there is a whole rainbow of colors to choose from. A whole combination of attractive, beautiful styles that do not look like wedding gowns.

People really think stuff like that? I mean, really?

I'll be honest. If I was at a wedding and I saw someone wearing that dress I'd think "Wow. Gorgeous dress!" Not "OMG! I can't believe she wore that! How DARE she! I hope she's not seated at my table because I'll just b*tch slap the crap outta her for being so disrespectful!"

And if I were the bride I'd be thinking "Wow. What a gorgeous dress!"
  • __stacyb
    __stacyb Posts: 306
    Options
    nope
  • Tash128
    Tash128 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I think its gorgeous! personally I don't really think there is anything wrong with wearing it to a wedding but thats me, If someone came wearing that and they could pull it off good for them. I guess you would have to gage it based on the kind of bride maybe that dress but a different colour? personally when i got married I didn't care what others were wearing the day was about me & my groom lol
  • ChloeRoseLejeune
    Options
    don't wear a full length gown, and especially not in white... :grumble:

If the wedding is a formal evening wedding, she better wear a full length gown! (just not white or ivory)

Oops, I didn't consider that it could be a 'formal evening wedding'.

Then again, it's not my style. Looks too serious for my age.
  • emilyvernon10
    Options
    The dress is beautiful! I would opt for a different color, but it doesn't have to be dark! See if you can find it in a baby pink, cream, even a sea green! Just remember, it's the bride's day and you won't want to take away from her moment!
  • tryclyn
    tryclyn Posts: 2,414 Member
    Options
    If you wear a dress like that in white or off-white (bridal dress colors) people are going to think that you were actively trying to be disrespectful to the bride and the whole wedding. Sometimes people never forget things like that. You will make a bad impression. As others said, there is a whole rainbow of colors to choose from. A whole combination of attractive, beautiful styles that do not look like wedding gowns.

I'll be honest. If I was at a wedding and I saw someone wearing that dress I'd think "Wow. Gorgeous dress!" Not "OMG! I can't believe she wore that! How DARE she! I hope she's not seated at my table because I'll just b*tch slap the crap outta her for being so disrespectful!"

I'm with you.

Maybe the bride is wearing blue(my grandmother did), or a huge frou-frou ball gown.

Arbitrary "dress codes" irritate me. Not judging people by the clothing that they wear is one lesson many people still need to learn.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options

I don't think anyone would be thinking they want to *****slap someone, but the age-old "wow, white dress represents wealth" has transitioned into "white dress signifies bride/wedding/what have you." In a sea of colors, pale or dark, the eye will be drawn to the white/ivory. Granted, many brides are going outside of that realm of color, but then, those brides expect that others may wear the same color as them, and frankly wouldn't care.

As someone getting married in three months, I'd think it's gorgeous, but I'd also feel self-conscious if a guest wore that. That's not necessarily a guest's fault for my own feelings, but I'd expect someone to respect that this is the one day I get to be in the gorgeous, white/ivory gown. I don't get many days to have this; not even birthdays usually end up going well for me. Does that mean I want guests to look ugly and dowdy? Of course not. Would I appreciate it if they let me shine a little on that *one* day? Yeah, a little.
  • ShreddedTweet
    ShreddedTweet Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    I don't like it personally but whatever, I wouldn't wear it because it could be a wedding dress so it's a definite no-go. Don't do that, you have thousands of other days to wear a dress like that, don't do it on some other lady's wedding day.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    PRETTY! YES!
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    I have a dress very similar to this that I wore last year to the Submarine Birthday Ball (you can see a pic on my profile if you're interested). People asked us all night if we were getting married.

Maybe look for something similar in a different color.
  • theCarlton
    theCarlton Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options
    Rock this one instead... You're not Josie Grossie anymore.
    tumblr_leyvuwhzhM1qa27vxo1_500.jpg
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    Don't know if it is appropriate or not, since I am a dude (LOL), but DAYUM that is a HOT dress!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I SOOOOOOOOOO wish I could get my wife to wear something like that!

buy it for her.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    Could you? Yes.

Should you? NO.