Daily 600 net calories, no weight lost. What's wrong?

Options
1234568»

Replies

• ForeverCharlie
    ForeverCharlie Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Eat more to weigh less.
  • MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    Options
    If you eat fewer calories than you burn, you will lose weight.
    It really is that simple.
    If you're not losing weight, you're eating more than you burn.
    I am 5'4" and 145lbs
    Going by BMI, a healthy weight range for your height would be 110 - 140.
    http://www.shapeup.org/bmi/bmi6.pdf
    So part of your problem is that you're trying to lose too much weight, too fast.
    With so little to lose, aim for 0.5 lb per week.
    I am eating in average between 1000-1200 calories/day
    So what is your healthy goal weight?
    100 is not healthy for you, 120 would be.
    120 x 10 = 1200, which is the minimum an adult woman of average height should be eating anyway.
    exercise daily to spend 500-700 calories. My weekly average is 600 net calories per day.
    Ignore exercise or "net" calories". (That's what my doctor & dietician told me.)
    That's probably the other (biggest) part of your problem - you're eating too many calories.
    If you're aiming for 120 lb, eat 1200 cal per day.
    Do not eat 1800 cal per day (your goal + your exercise cal).
    You should eat AT LEAST your basal metabolic rate. Otherwise, you're starving your body of fuel it needs and you'll have to keep lowering your daily caloric amount to see any losses-- absolutely dismantling your metabolism in the process
    Why does this myth persist??
    According to several calculators, my BMR is about 1700.
    For several months, I've been eating 1600-1650 on most days (that's total, not net; ignore net) and not only am I losing weight, but my doctors are quite happy with me. They've never said anything remotely like "eat more, you're hurting your metabolism".
    Eat too little and you're giving your body a reason to store fat rather than burn it ... starvation mode
    And another myth.
    Fat is there to feed the body, especially once we're out of carbs (glucose & glycogen).
    it makes me feel terrible. I get nauseous and shaky
    Most people think that losing weight makes them look better.
    You seem to think it makes you look very ugly (nauseous). I would suggest talking with a counselor.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Do people actually bother to ever check the dates of posts?
    You really think she is hanging about, waiting for new responses to her post, over a year and a half later??

THIS IS AN OLD TOPIC.
  • Summerfit321
    Summerfit321 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Sometimes, though, exercise calories are overestimated. You might want to check that, it can really lead to a wrong interpretation of what's going on.
  • northbanu
    northbanu Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    6WSDUXE.jpg
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    What are you logging for the 500-700 calorie burns each day? Perhaps you are overestimating that and underestimating your food intake. Remember that you cant log everything as exercise as people still normally move, walk etc

It's nice of you to try to help OP but she's not here anymore. She was on my friend list but stopped logging in and hasn't been back in months. It's a good idea when you use the search to check the date of the first post just to make sure it's not a really old thread.
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    It was revived once in June and again in Sept. Was it ever that fascinating a question? What are people typing into the search field to find this stuff? "no weight lost"?
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    she says she wants to "lost weight and fat". The weight you lose SHOULD be fat....you don't want to lose anything else, you need it. If anything, you should want to gain some muscle mass.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Do people actually bother to ever check the dates of posts?
    You really think she is hanging about, waiting for new responses to her post, over a year and a half later??

THIS IS AN OLD TOPIC.

Not only do people not check the time stamps, they also don't seem to read the last few responses to check for thread drift or additional info from the OP. I suppose the advice is still useful for any lurkers reading this thread but the OP seems to be long gone.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    You're not eating enough and your body is angry about it.

^ this.

Read: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12

Eat.

Yep - this^

A 2 pound a week goal is for someone that's more than 75 pounds overweight. Really aggressive weekly goals make it hard for your body to support lean muscle mass. If you want a number on the scale....fast works. If you want a lower body fat %...moderate works better.