How often do you shower?

Options

Replies

• HealthWoke0ish
    HealthWoke0ish Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    I'm amazed that so many people shower 2-3 times a day. That seems so wasteful of time and resources. And the people who shower BEFORE their workouts? WTH? :huh: I shower after workouts, so 5-6 times a week.

Ditto. Ain't nobody got time fo dat.

I didn't shower today, but I probably will after my work out tonight. If I washed my hair everyday or multiple times a day it would be like straw.

timefodat.jpg
  • Jerrypeoples
    Jerrypeoples Posts: 1,541 Member
    Options
    once a day after my workouts or basketball (usually late at night)

and people who bathe...ewwwwww
  • spike90
    spike90 Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    I am suprised to see some people not take a shower daily. Showering is just good personal hygiene. But I guess to each their own.

To answer the OP: I shower every morning after my workout or if I am going to workout later in the day or evening, then I shower when I get out of bed. I think the only time I would have skipped a day is when I was in the hospital after giving birth to my babies or maybe when I was on my death bed with the flu or something. If I workout later in the day or night, I usually will shower after that as well. I typically wash my hair daily as well (it in long, thick, and curly) so sometimes I am in a hurry and don't have time to spend 20 minutes under the blow dryer and then the additional time styling it, so it is easier to just throw it up in a bun (I call this my "dirty butt hair").
  • The_Outlaw_Torn
    The_Outlaw_Torn Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    When I can't stand the stench of my balls....about once a week.
  • luvred51
    luvred51 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I shower Daily.
  • sprintto50
    sprintto50 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Once a day. I work out first thing in the am, then I shower. Sometimes at bedtime on a really hot, sticky day.
  • kaa02c
    kaa02c Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    twice a day, sometimes three!
  • bmstee03
    bmstee03 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Daily
  • cerealaddict
    cerealaddict Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Twice in the summer, in general once though
  • ChristiH4000
    ChristiH4000 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    After every workout, and usually once a day...sometimes I skip a day if I haven't been active. I don't wash my hair everyday even if I shower as long as I didn't get it sweaty.
  • vblair77
    vblair77 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I shower daily to get the grime off...BUT I only wash my hair every other day otherwise its a frizzy mess...especially during the long, dry winters. And even MORE especially if I want to straighten it. I dont know why but I cant get it STRAIGHT (no matter how hot my iron is) on the DAY i wash it. :frown: Its frustrating.
  • mariannekehl
    mariannekehl Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    How in the hell do you have time to shower 3 times in a day?

Not to mention that to shower that frequently is probably not good for your skin.

I shower once a day whether I need to or not. :wink:
  • RoseRoiz
    Options
    every day, sometimes I shower twice a day, specially in the summer.
  • xFamousLastWordsx
    xFamousLastWordsx Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    3 times a day?! That is insane!
    I hate showers and hate having wet hair :sick:
    So I wash my hair once a week (these funky colors wash out too fast otherwise :tongue: ), plus my hair never gets greasy.
    I shower when I feel like it, but wash myself down with a washcloth and soap every morning so I'm not dirty.:smile:
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options
    I have been showering several times a day, since i got a detachable shower head.
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    At least once a day, more if I've gotten sweat or otherwise feel gross.
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    It depends when my workout is. If it's early enough (like, before 8) I shower once. If it's in the afternoon I shower in the morning and then have a quick shower to rinse off the sweat when I get back from the gym
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    As an Australian who has been living with water restrictions for a good part of 25 years, some of these answers really annoy me. The recommended shower time is no longer than a few minutes.. and some of you are standing under a shower for up to SIXTY minutes a day?
    Do you realize how wasteful this is?

I agree with you. I grew up in a 13-year drought. Wash up and get out.
  • tabinmaine
    tabinmaine Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    Everyday, and it's after my workouts either morning or nights. Sundays are usually big tub/jacuzzi nights... so I hold off all day for a long relaxing soak with my hubby.... :)
  • lbesaw
    lbesaw Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Twice a day on workout days, once a day on no workout days. Judging from the smell of the ladies lockerroom I'm guessing no one else shares my "fresh" need. Eww.eeewww