How often do you shower?

Options

Replies

• dovetail22uk
    dovetail22uk Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    showering too much is actually bad for your skin :tongue:

So true! And it wastes water people! How dirty can you actually get in a few hours :sad: :blushing:
  • dovetail22uk
    dovetail22uk Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I have a shower about 3 times a year. I have a bath every other day, and because we have to pay for every drop of water we use, the whole family uses the same water! (2 small kids first, then me then my smelly hubby!) Is this a throwback english thing? My familys always done it. We're getting a shower this summer tho, so things might change.
    Btw, if I feel a bit smelly I have a stand up wash at the sink. Uses less water than a shower, and quicker too. And, you don't get that annoying bit wet that you can't dry on the middle of your back!

Is this a joke?! Sounds like back in my parents day when my dad had 9 brothers and sisters and had to share the dirty bath water!

I shower daily but don't always wash my hair because it takes so long to dry!

Nope no joke. We are stuck in the 1960s. We don't have a tv either...

Aint nothing wrong with this! Much better for the environment!

And nothing wrong with a stand up wash either..... Isn't it known as a *kitten*'s wash?
  • BeccaBollons
    BeccaBollons Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    I have a shower about 3 times a year. I have a bath every other day, and because we have to pay for every drop of water we use, the whole family uses the same water! (2 small kids first, then me then my smelly hubby!) Is this a throwback english thing? My familys always done it. We're getting a shower this summer tho, so things might change.
    Btw, if I feel a bit smelly I have a stand up wash at the sink. Uses less water than a shower, and quicker too. And, you don't get that annoying bit wet that you can't dry on the middle of your back!

Is this a joke?! Sounds like back in my parents day when my dad had 9 brothers and sisters and had to share the dirty bath water!

It must be blissful without a TV

It is mostly, but occasionally I just fancy a bit of trash, so I then go and buy heat magzine or something! We have a computer to watch dvds on, so the kids still get their cartoons, but no advertising, and no accidental bad language either. It was a good choice to get rid of it 9 years ago!
  • ginavmills
    Options
    Yeah, once a day, after my morning workout!
  • Synapze
    Synapze Posts: 499
    Options
    You peoples clearly haven't been through the same water restrictions as we have in Oz.

Once a day peoples, once a day!

^This
  • BeccaBollons
    BeccaBollons Posts: 652 Member
    Options

Aint nothing wrong with this! Much better for the environment!

And nothing wrong with a stand up wash either..... Isn't it known as a *kitten*'s wash?

Wow I didn't know that! I thought that was when you used a bidet! Have to tell my hubby.
    Love your profile pic by the way. Very droll.
  • delonda1
    delonda1 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Can shower up to 3 times a day.... (yes im the person who showers before a workout and after)....but if dont have time i can be pretty smelly all day until i can shower at night because I workout in midday if i workout too long I dont have time to grab a shower and Im going back to workout at night anyways!
  • Pookylou
    Pookylou Posts: 988 Member
    Options
    You people have too much time on your hands/waste too much money on water!

Truth! I am charged for every drop of water I use!! I shower twice a week (washing my hair) and have a bath maybe twice a week too. Obvs more if I need to :laugh:
  • Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Only once a day, didnt realize people showered more than that xD

^^^this^^^

And why would you be so curious about people's showers?
  • Carebear1st
    Options
    Once in the morning and a quick wash before bed
  • witchy_wife
    witchy_wife Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    Once a day but wash my hair every other day (takes too long to dry it!)

On holiday in the sun though probably twice a day as you get hot and sweaty over night and then need to wash off sand and any any chlorine from the pool in an evening. But guess you have more free time on holiday.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    showering too much is actually bad for your skin :tongue:

So true! And it wastes water people! How dirty can you actually get in a few hours :sad: :blushing:

I can't function in the morning without one and we go to the gym after work and I don't want to sleep stinky!!!
  • runwmeNC
    runwmeNC Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    Question of the ladies that take 2-3 + showers a day.... are you really doing it to get clean? or because you are a dirty dirty girl ?

1343763975969_7235446.png
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    Once a day, at least. Twice, If I have a soccer game or work out.
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options
    twice a day
  • LuckyMiss3
    Options
    everyday and twice if i have been to the gym.
  • iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    Every morning without fail. It starts my day and makes me feel good. And if I sweat a whole lot at the gym (or not at the gym ;)) I might rinse off.
  • MG_Fit
    MG_Fit Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    Every morning and after I workout. Sometime the 2 coincide.
  • sevsmom
    sevsmom Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Weekdays. . . 2x/day....before work (a.m.) and after my lunch workout/run. Weekends. . . 1x daily.
  • dbkrantz
    dbkrantz Posts: 138
    Options
    Before you say anything: I am French ! Yes, I know, all those stereotypes are coming to mind.

Still shower once a day, usually. If it's a boiling hot summer and I am just dying, it can go up to 3x a day, but that never happens in England!