3 Months Stronglifts 5x5.

Replies

• RunDoozer
    RunDoozer Posts: 1,699 Member
    Thanks for this!

I did Stronglifts last year but didn't stick with it long enough. I've just started it up again last week and am determined to keep going this time round. Posts like this really help!:smile:

Good luck just keep at it and I'm sure you will do well.
  • RunDoozer
    Wow, you look absolutely amazing!! Well done!

Further proof that you earn your dream body under the iron, not on the treadmill :bigsmile:

The more I lift the more I realize how much I hated the treadmill. No wonder it took me so long to get in shape again.
  • gwhizeh
    gwhizeh Posts: 269 Member
    Great job and thanks for the link to here in the other thread. I watched the 30 min YouTube vid and it seems something I am interested in. I understood you don't do cardio, just wondering if you do anything else along side this? And it seems it does based on your pics and progress, but assuming a decent diet, will this help me drop fat?
    Thanks again.
  • RunDoozer
    Great job and thanks for the link to here in the other thread. I watched the 30 min YouTube vid and it seems something I am interested in. I understood you don't do cardio, just wondering if you do anything else along side this? And it seems it does based on your pics and progress, but assuming a decent diet, will this help me drop fat?
    Thanks again.

Thank you,

I did a couple spin classes in the beginning ... I think like literally 3-4. As the weights have been progressing I've just been feeling like I need the time off of my legs or its going to hurt the next time. I have run once or twice because I was feeling lazy and regretted it the next day doing squats. That has been more in the 3rd month though you can do it if you like I know people that do I just can't. I have been getting out running errands and doing things more that I would put off before. Like the general daily activities that arent exercise related.

As for my diet. It's nothing special. I used to drink about 1000 calories a day in soda. Yea used to down a 12 pack or more a day. Sick I know. On top of eating fast food 2-3 times a day too. How I wasnt over 300 lbs I really don't know. Now I just kinda eat like a normal human being. I dont drink soda any more or eat fast food.... With the exception of subway I am there too much. Yea I know people here dont like subway but right now that's where I get the majority of my veggies. I go out to eat have burgers and whatever I eat what I want just keep it in moderation. Drink beer plenty too. Like I said before I dont really count calories, I calculated my TDEE at 3300 so if I stay under that Im good.

Usually I do have 2 protein shakes and a couple greek yogurts too which adds up to about 1000 of that. But if i know i'm going out I probably won't eat that. For me I had to make my diet practical. If I was home trying to cook chicken breast and eating 5 types of veggies with every meal and nothing else like some people do. I wouldnt have done as well as I have. I just had to make it practical for me.

I just dont want to have to stress about whether or not a piece of pizza will fit into my calorie content. I know the entire pizza won't. Yea used to do that before multiple times a week downing it with a 2 liter bottle of soda. I really was a pig.

I dont have an expectation of losing a certain number of pounds in a timeframe to hit or stress if I may have gained a couple pounds in a week. What matters to me is that I'm not over doing it and moving more.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,865 Member
    Killer dude....

sw8035sw753.gif
  • RunDoozer
    Killer dude....

sw8035sw753.gif

haha love that .gif
  • sunflowerhippi
    sunflowerhippi Posts: 1,099 Member
    Thanks again.

Thank you,

I did a couple spin classes in the beginning ... I think like literally 3-4. As the weights have been progressing I've just been feeling like I need the time off of my legs or its going to hurt the next time. I have run once or twice because I was feeling lazy and regretted it the next day doing squats. That has been more in the 3rd month though you can do it if you like I know people that do I just can't. I have been getting out running errands and doing things more that I would put off before. Like the general daily activities that arent exercise related.

As for my diet. It's nothing special. I used to drink about 1000 calories a day in soda. Yea used to down a 12 pack or more a day. Sick I know. On top of eating fast food 2-3 times a day too. How I wasnt over 300 lbs I really don't know. Now I just kinda eat like a normal human being. I dont drink soda any more or eat fast food.... With the exception of subway I am there too much. Yea I know people here dont like subway but right now that's where I get the majority of my veggies. I go out to eat have burgers and whatever I eat what I want just keep it in moderation. Drink beer plenty too. Like I said before I dont really count calories, I calculated my TDEE at 3300 so if I stay under that Im good.

Usually I do have 2 protein shakes and a couple greek yogurts too which adds up to about 1000 of that. But if i know i'm going out I probably won't eat that. For me I had to make my diet practical. If I was home trying to cook chicken breast and eating 5 types of veggies with every meal and nothing else like some people do. I wouldnt have done as well as I have. I just had to make it practical for me.

I just dont want to have to stress about whether or not a piece of pizza will fit into my calorie content. I know the entire pizza won't. Yea used to do that before multiple times a week downing it with a 2 liter bottle of soda. I really was a pig.

I dont have an expectation of losing a certain number of pounds in a timeframe to hit or stress if I may have gained a couple pounds in a week. What matters to me is that I'm not over doing it and moving more.

Great job!

I am trying to get started into this concept, and my goal is the same for my diet as well. I am a moderation not cut it out of your diet type of person. Glad to see results from a more normal and for me reasonable lifestyle change.
  • Iron_Duchess
    Iron_Duchess Posts: 429 Member
    Awesome. Congrats, you look great!!:smile:
  • perfectionisntme
    perfectionisntme Posts: 205 Member
    Very nice! You're results are awesome!
  • SleeplessinBerlin
    SleeplessinBerlin Posts: 513 Member
    Beautiful results! Congratulations!
  • gwhizeh
    gwhizeh Posts: 269 Member
    Thanks man. Have to get my ducks in a row, but this is going to be in my future soon. Thanks.
  • RunDoozer
    Thanks man. Have to get my ducks in a row, but this is going to be in my future soon. Thanks.

Anytime good luck.
  • ay1978pa
    ay1978pa Posts: 142 Member
    Great job! I am going to start on Monday. All my life I have been either skinny or skinny fat. Never really managed to bulk up so hopefully this will work.

May I ask how tall you are?
  • plynn54
    plynn54 Posts: 912 Member
    great progress!!
  • Great job man! I have a couple more weeks to go on SL 5x5. It has definitely been gratifying.
  • salgalbp
    salgalbp Posts: 218 Member
    AWESOME!!! Way to go!
  • estrange22
    estrange22 Posts: 210 Member
    You look like a different, more confident man!
  • slowly_changing12
    slowly_changing12 Posts: 192 Member
    excellent job!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Lana359
    Lana359 Posts: 64 Member
    Well done! You look great! :)
  • sixpacklady
    sixpacklady Posts: 582 Member
    Awesome transition, especially around the tummy area!!!

I need to show your transformation to my hubby to get him to do Stronglifts,lol...

Would love to do it myself sometime in the future.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!