3 Months Stronglifts 5x5.

Replies

• LizardQueen4PointOh
    LizardQueen4PointOh Posts: 245 Member
    Wonderful job! You look great. I plan on starting SL5x5 this month and I'm hoping to get the hubby to start too!
  • RunDoozer
    RunDoozer Posts: 1,699 Member
    Great job! I am going to start on Monday. All my life I have been either skinny or skinny fat. Never really managed to bulk up so hopefully this will work.

May I ask how tall you are?

6'0
  • RunDoozer
    Awesome transition, especially around the tummy area!!!

I need to show your transformation to my hubby to get him to do Stronglifts,lol...

Would love to do it myself sometime in the future.
    Wonderful job! You look great. I plan on starting SL5x5 this month and I'm hoping to get the hubby to start too!

Thank you ladies. I have a lot of fun with it. Never in a million years did I think I would end up liking going to the gym. I played sports up until I was 24 and thats what kept me in shape. The thought of going to work out to just work out and look better always bored me. So glad I finally found something I like to do.

Hope you both get what you're looking for out of it. And those husbands do too.
  • aquswow
    aquswow Posts: 4
    Great Job!
  • RunDoozer
    Why I love stronglifts.

se87y1.jpg
  • lexgem
    lexgem Posts: 163
    Really an amazing progression! I love this programme
  • neilvv
    neilvv Posts: 146 Member
    Awesome results you have made amazing progress. I am going to start stronglifts so thanks for posting!
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    That is a really impressive transformation! So, what's next on your schedule? If you're interested in changing programs, I'd humbly suggest 5/3/1 as the next step. It's been around a few years and it's working well for me. Pretty sure you'd continue seeing fantastic results.

Whatever program you choose to continue on, I'm sure that you're going to continue having fantastic results.

:drinker:
  • RunDoozer
    That is a really impressive transformation! So, what's next on your schedule? If you're interested in changing programs, I'd humbly suggest 5/3/1 as the next step. It's been around a few years and it's working well for me. Pretty sure you'd continue seeing fantastic results.

Whatever program you choose to continue on, I'm sure that you're going to continue having fantastic results.

I'm either going to madcows 5x5 or wendlers 5/3/1. But I dont think that will be for while. I am still progressing well with strong lifts. Not going to switch till I cant get anymore progress after deloading to 1x5
  • bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    It's amazing how much your belly has gone down. My fiancé is doing some of the program with me but he doesn't care for the squats in the gym. I think, like you, he is embarrasssed. Great job!

Yea I can see that but i think heavy squats are the main reason for the loss. when they get really heavy theyre intense.

There is nothing that burns calories and builds mass like heavy squats. Your entire body is involved in the movement.
  • YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    Dag, this makes me want to give Stronglifts a try. Good stuff bro
  • RunDoozer
    Dag, this makes me want to give Stronglifts a try. Good stuff bro

Thanks man.
  • tgh1914
    tgh1914 Posts: 1,036 Member

I'm either going to madcows 5x5 or wendlers 5/3/1. But I dont think that will be for while. I am still progressing well with strong lifts. Not going to switch till I cant get anymore progress after deloading to 1x5
    Good move. No need to rush into the next level lifting program until you're stalled on SL. I went almost a year on SL (but also had some lost time due to an injury for a couple months).
  • Soosannah
    Soosannah Posts: 270 Member
    Looking all buff and bada$$
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    pretty freaking awesome results!!!!!!!!!!!
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    That's awesome. You look great!
  • markdlennon
    markdlennon Posts: 69 Member
    Results speak. Cheers.

We're somewhat in the same size right now. I'm 6'3" and currently right around 245, and starting week 7 of stronglifts, altho I'm doing it at home instead of in a gym.

Congrats man....you're doing awesome.
  • RunDoozer
    Results speak. Cheers.

We're somewhat in the same size right now. I'm 6'3" and currently right around 245, and starting week 7 of stronglifts, altho I'm doing it at home instead of in a gym.

Congrats man....you're doing awesome.

Thank you. I wish I could work out at home. I feel like I take up the rack for way too long. But oh well gotta get mine.
  • Obeg
    Obeg Posts: 49 Member
    Ran across this program today. I have been lifting for many years on and off and never seem to make the progress I would like. Recently I have changed my program to be mostly cardio - running 3 days a week (have run a half and plan a full) and then mix in things like Kettle Bell, Spinning, and weights when I can.

I think I will try to mix this in instead. 3 days of 5x5 and 2-3 days of running. Will be tight in my schedule but I think I can force it for awhile to see what happens. I too am nervous about going and squatting just the bar or benching just the bar when guys in the gym have seen me do much more - but I want to do this correctly and not worry about being a girly-man. :-) This thread is a good motivation. Thanks!
  • Philllbis
    Philllbis Posts: 801 Member
    Ran across this program today. I have been lifting for many years on and off and never seem to make the progress I would like. Recently I have changed my program to be mostly cardio - running 3 days a week (have run a half and plan a full) and then mix in things like Kettle Bell, Spinning, and weights when I can.

I think I will try to mix this in instead. 3 days of 5x5 and 2-3 days of running. Will be tight in my schedule but I think I can force it for awhile to see what happens. I too am nervous about going and squatting just the bar or benching just the bar when guys in the gym have seen me do much more - but I want to do this correctly and not worry about being a girly-man. :-) This thread is a good motivation. Thanks!

I was the same way. I just started the program two weeks ago and although you feel silly with just the bar, you just have to do it and focus on your form. I haven't had anyone say anything in fact I've had a few comment on how low I can squat.

Like, you, I'm tryiong to run in addition to doing Strong Lifts but I think one will suffer once the heavy squats start. I had been running 6 days a week while doing a 3 day split routine and had no issues running even on leg day.

I really felt the run the day after even squatting with just the bar!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!