do you work out infront of your other half?

Options

Replies

• Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    Nope, my husband doesn't go the gym with me and if he does, his workouts are totally different than mine. He only does the treadmill, bike and maybe some machines. He doesn't take any fitness classes with me or alone either,

I just do my own thing.
  • raisingemilyjune
    Options
    Sure do! My man works-out with me 6 days a week. We lift together. We do our cardio together.
  • WTF7
    WTF7 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Yep! I am usually on the treadmill or elliptical while he drinks beer and watches. Lol...
  • moustache_flavored_lube
    Options
    Yes I do!!! My other half bounces and jiggles through all my workouts

Nurse+Gollum.jpg
  • FinallyDoingMe
    FinallyDoingMe Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Yep! I am usually on the treadmill or elliptical while he drinks beer and watches. Lol...

mine does the same thing! lol
  • carfamily08
    Options
    All the time. He usually doesn't comment unless I ask first though. But he's seen me give birth 3 times so working out in front of him is NBD anymore ;-)
  • acrue21
    acrue21 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    We workout together as a team.
  • ladyonaquest
    ladyonaquest Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    I love working out in front of my husband because I go even harder then...LOL!! I try to show off in front of hm. So on the nights when I feel like I"m going to half *kitten* do my workout, I ask my husband to come and watch me and he doesn't have a clue that I'm using him..LOL!!
  • seawolf86
    Options
    I always work out with my fiancé! We do cardio and weight training together and it is very motivational. I just started going to the gym a year ago for the first time (with his encouragement) and he has taught me a lot about lifting. I love working out with him and getting to have my best friend with me even when I'm working out. He always tells me how well I'm doing and is very supportive :)
  • AmyMgetsfit
    AmyMgetsfit Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    I have been married for 36 years. While I prefer to be alone to work out, I will work out in front of him. He likes to talk, and I like quiet to get in my zone. I hate talking and exercising. He used to correct my form when I was starting out years ago, which I was ok with. He has seen me at my worst, and working out is not me at my worst.
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    Not really, but only because I go to a gym, and he works out at home....but it wouldn't bother me to do so.

We're doing a stairclimb event this Saturday - our first fitness event together, so that should be interesting!
  • abbyrae1
    abbyrae1 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I lift and workout with my fiance all the time. we both have similar weightloss goals so it makes sense for us to do it. there are times when it gets a little "tense" but its usually just me being sensitive about him losing weight faster than me or something like that.

If you guys don't have much experience working out together, start small, like going for a walk, or trying it once a week or something.

Also, talk to him about your concerns. Your spouse should be supportive of your goals, and if they aren't, then you have us to help motivate you!
  • sahm23ladies
    sahm23ladies Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    My husband and I have run together, p90x together, insanity together, lifting, kettlebells, etc. We try to out do each other. I have the "anything you can do I can do better" mentality so I will bust my butt trying to out do him. Many days, I pay for it afterward!
  • hilldiggity
    hilldiggity Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I could and I have (I use DVD's and YouTube), but I prefer not to. I'm somewhat uncoordinated at times and I feel embarrassed when I'm alone and mess up! lol The biggest reason I wouldn't want him watching is when it comes to moves I have to modify or can't do yet. I don't know if he's paying attention or not, but that makes me uncomfortable - even though he wouldn't say anything. He's usually just sits on the couch with his laptop, so he just has to go in the bedroom with his laptop. He's not inconvenienced that much and respects my wanting privacy. Plus I have to move the living room table all the way back to the couch to have enough room, so he'd have nowhere to put his legs!
  • Bubsys_mom
    Bubsys_mom Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Right now I am just really doing yoga and I prefer to do it alone and with no one around. I do it when my son takes his nap so he is not stressing me out. lol

My husband would make everything sexual, and while the thought is nice, I need to focus on *me* and the changes I am making.

Now if we go walking, I am more than happy to have him with me. If we ever get a gym membership, I wouldn't mind him coming either for that.
  • Firekeeper66
    Firekeeper66 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    This is the first time I've posted publicly but I couldn't resist!

Exercise bike, yes. (while he plays Xbox)

30 Day Shred or burpees/stride jumps, HELLS NO! I love him to much to subject him to that - that waits until he's on afternoon shift. :bigsmile:
  • sally_jeffswife
    sally_jeffswife Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    If I was lifting or doing kettlebells I would but for other dance type ones and aerobic type ones I don't cuz he would tease me too much and say things like Work it Baby and that's too distracting
  • Kat5343
    Kat5343 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    I would not work out in front of a mirror yet.... so if I don't want to see myself, I sure don't want him to see me either!!!
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    Hell no, he already wants to jump my bones too often. :heart:
  • Melanie12081
    Options
    its nice to see that some of you do work out together x and its not that he would be mean hes the jokey kind of person so he thinks its funny when he says something. he would probabbly grope me too and put me off my workout, lol

My husband is the "funny guy" too - but he's never made a joke about me working out, so he might surprise you. (He will make comments about a "cute butt" and stuff - but that's about it.) It's nice though, because he sees how hard I'm working and he really tries to be supportive, especially at meal times and when I'm thinking about cheating really bad, and he always throws in an "I'm really proud of you babe - you're doing great!" He doesn't work out as much - so when he does make silly comments, I just call him "chubs" ;-) and sometimes it gets him off the couch and back in the gym and eating healthy!