I can eat whatever I want...

Options

Replies

• PetulantOne
    PetulantOne Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    I try to get 20% of my calories daily from beer. It works just fine.

Ditto. Except it's probably more than that for me on weekends.
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    Did you guys see the post from the other thread about the obesity epidemic with the picture from McD's advertising their "*kitten* Burgers"? Kinda makes you want to stay away from that place. I want to be thin and healthy and live a long time. This is why I eat healthy and clean MOST of the time. Also, less crap I eat, the less I crave it. You really can train your body to love the taste of nutrient dense food. Without all the sugar, salt and processed fat, you can actually taste the food so much better! That said, when they are offering samples of warm white chocolate raspberry brownies right out of the oven, at the "health food store", I may allow myself a sample :smile: And I am grateful to be able to do that with no regrets, ditto the nonfat 1 pump mocha, almost daily.

I didn't see that thread.. but I don't think I want to.. LOL.

I don't eat clean all the time.. i have crap sometimes.. Sometimes you have to.. And some weeks are worse than others. But junk is still junk whether i eat it or not.. just because I like big macs (which I do not) doesn't make them healthy or somehow not junk. I always pay for it too, by feeling like crap that night or the next day. I am eating less and less of it as time goes on. I love brownies btw so when you get that sample.. pass one to me.. LOL
  • NYCNika
    NYCNika Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    That's not a valid conclusion to make. "Junk food" doesn't really mean anything anyway. Is a hamburger junk food? What about a grilled chicken sandwich? How about a roast beef sandwich? Macronutrients are macronutrients. Spinach from Subway has the same nutritional value as the kind you buy at the grocery. McDonald's beef is the same as the beef you eat at home, and the buns are the same as the ones you buy at the grocery. Most people won't consider a homemade grilled chicken sandwich to be "junk food" but it is when it's from McD's.

Hamburger at home is the same as a fast food hamburger? Really?

I do make burger at home once in a while. I buy a prime cut good quality beef. I can inspect it before I grind it.

I wash it, dry it, and GRIND it myself. So I know what is in it.

I grind up some fresh onion and add spices. I measure the exact amount I need for the portion.

I DO NOT add discarded beef cuts treated with ammonium hydroxide. I do not add preservatives or soy.

I use far less salt.

I do not reuse oil and I clean the pan of grease each time I cook anything.

I do not buy bun in grocery store. Most times I just cut pieces of fresh dark bread from the specialty shop to use as buns.

I put in real cheese.

It is delicious!
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    Same here. I eat more food on days I lift weights. I eat a lot of burgers, chips, and tortillas.
  • tators19
    tators19 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    These are my feelings:
    Pro: This is great, and I feel really motivated when I read stuff like this because I know that when I fall off the wagon, I can repair the damage. Thanks for tonight's food dreams!
    Con: I hate supporting the junk food industry. They do so much damage to so many people who struggle to control their cravings. Being fat is already hard, the junk food companies don't need to be making it worse (and profiting from it).
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    That's not a valid conclusion to make. "Junk food" doesn't really mean anything anyway. Is a hamburger junk food? What about a grilled chicken sandwich? How about a roast beef sandwich? Macronutrients are macronutrients. Spinach from Subway has the same nutritional value as the kind you buy at the grocery. McDonald's beef is the same as the beef you eat at home, and the buns are the same as the ones you buy at the grocery. Most people won't consider a homemade grilled chicken sandwich to be "junk food" but it is when it's from McD's.

Hamburger at home is the same as a fast food hamburger? Really?

I do make burger at home once in a while. I buy a prime cut good quality beef. I can inspect it before I grind it.

I wash it, dry it, and GRIND it myself. So I know what is in it.

I grind up some fresh onion and add spices. I measure the exact amount I need for the portion.

I DO NOT add discarded beef cuts treated with ammonium hydroxide. I do not add preservatives or soy.

I use far less salt.

I do not reuse oil and I clean the pan of grease each time I cook anything.

I do not buy bun in grocery store. Most times I just cut pieces of fresh dark bread from the specialty shop to use as buns.

I put in real cheese.

It is delicious!

Sounds delicious. That's pretty uncommon though.
  • litatura
    litatura Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I've had great success with my weight loss and I think it's because I haven't cut junk completely out of my diet (that's why I don't crave). I still eat junk, but in small portions and only if I have enough calories left after eating all of the good foods. I pretty much follow the 80/20 rule - 80% healthier foods, 20% crap.

I've cut junk completely out of my diet and I don't crave either. I must work to stay very well-nourished though or the temptations get stronger. When you are young, you don't much think about the long term consequences of bad/empty-calorie-eating. When you get older and sicker you will. Believe me---I have sad experience in that department. :cry: Good health is a gift---please don't waste it.

I think you misinterpreted my post. I eat 7-10 servings of fresh fruits and veggies every single day, whole grains, raw nuts, fish and chicken for protein, etc. but I have one 200 ml. mini Can of Diet Coke with supper and something like a Rice Crispie square for dessert (that's my 20% junk).
  • RickXX
    Options
    It's funny, just by keeping track of my calories I started losing. I'm thinking would'nt it be great if somebody invented a great tasting food substitute that tasted great with almost no calories. A snack with no effects.
  • auteurfille22
    auteurfille22 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I'm not far enough into my diet to speak for myself, but my dad, who was in his late forties when he did this, lost 40 pounds by eating essentially ONLY MCDONALDS for like 4 months. It definitely works. It's all about portion control and things in moderation. The way I see it, a calorie is a calorie. 1 pound is 3500 calories. I feel like there's not much more to it than that (but again, I think I'm not far in enough to say for sure).
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    I've had great success with my weight loss and I think it's because I haven't cut junk completely out of my diet (that's why I don't crave). I still eat junk, but in small portions and only if I have enough calories left after eating all of the good foods. I pretty much follow the 80/20 rule - 80% healthier foods, 20% crap.

I've cut junk completely out of my diet and I don't crave either. I must work to stay very well-nourished though or the temptations get stronger. When you are young, you don't much think about the long term consequences of bad/empty-calorie-eating. When you get older and sicker you will. Believe me---I have sad experience in that department. :cry: Good health is a gift---please don't waste it.

You don't get it. What is the long term consequence of eating so-called "bad" food in small quantities that you have experienced or are you referring to in the medical lit.?
  • poponastick302
    poponastick302 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sick of this 'low carb' crap. Eat what you want, just watch your portions! And make it nutritious while you're at it.
  • volume77
    volume77 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    yep
  • RandiLandCHANGED
    RandiLandCHANGED Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    I eat whatever I want as well. So far so good.
  • LovinDaNewLiz14
    LovinDaNewLiz14 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Yes I eat my veggies, fruits and lean meats but I am just like you I have what I want too...It is all about portion control to me...if I am in this for a lifetime, than I will enjoy and have fun:)
  • volume77
    Options
    i eat mcdonalds everyday
  • Nutella91
    Nutella91 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    me me me me me !!!! i do the same thing and i hit my goal weight a while ago
  • volume77
    Options
    It's funny, just by keeping track of my calories I started losing. I'm thinking would'nt it be great if somebody invented a great tasting food substitute that tasted great with almost no calories. A snack with no effects.

im working on it
  • roiLEI1554
    Options
    i also eat foods i like! (but in moderation, of course, and below calorie limits)
    i find it a lot harder to just go cold turkey on a lot of the foods i love (though I might end up doing this when I hit a plateau)
  • KatherineStar
    KatherineStar Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Its probably horsemeat anyway :)
  • SanteMulberry
    SanteMulberry Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    I'm not far enough into my diet to speak for myself, but my dad, who was in his late forties when he did this, lost 40 pounds by eating essentially ONLY MCDONALDS for like 4 months. It definitely works. It's all about portion control and things in moderation. The way I see it, a calorie is a calorie. 1 pound is 3500 calories. I feel like there's not much more to it than that (but again, I think I'm not far in enough to say for sure).

Did your dad keep it off? And if not, how long did he keep it off? I haven't gained a single pound in three years because I properly nourish my body.