Share the REAL reasons why you're fat (or too thin)

Options

Replies

• wildchild06241
    wildchild06241 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Finally!!!

This is a picture of me last night. I have lost 15 pounds and am ready to start lifting!! 28 days to my last weigh in for Biggest Loser and then off to a gym with weights and a personal trainer. On to the next level of fitness.

234b77cd-3777-4cef-9ed2-5c05abe679e0_zps433aff34.jpg
  • DebraLosesIt
    DebraLosesIt Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I've always been heavy. I think most of the reason is it's so much easier to sit back and be lazy and "accept" the fact i was overweight than to do something about it. I have an almost two year old son that i must get healthy for, to be able to play with him and not need a rest too often and to set a good example for him. As sad as it is my husband, my family, they alone aren't /weren't enough for me to want to try, but my son has changed my mind.
  • Cjmjr
    Cjmjr Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I ate too much and moved too little. Got fat Got depressed about being fat. Ate more. Moved less. Got fatter. Repeat ad nauseum.

Ditto that.... It's amazing how depressed one can be about being overweight, knowing full-well what needs to be done about it, and yet it feels impossible to move. There have been times I didn't even want to leave my house because of it. I've made excuses to get out of events... to get out of work and church... to get out of even going to dinner with the family. And that's just not living life, which is why I want to get this done for the last time!
  • mandys1979
    mandys1979 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    It first started when I went back to school. I worked full time and travled to go to class so I was always on the go. When you are on the go its so much easier to grab food from McDonalds and a candy bar and another candy bar from the snack machine. Well I packed on the pounds. After school was done I lost weight. Then I got pregnant with my son and gained a lot of weight from giving into my cravings of fried food. Then when he was born I breastfeed for him. I was told to eat more then I did when I was pregnant so I did. Well when I quit nursing I kept eating and not exercising I got up to 145lbs. So Its my own fault poor diet and no exercise.
  • lizibame
    lizibame Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I LOOOOVE to cook but even more so I LOVE to eat what I just spent hours creating!
  • Sunny_fit4life
    Sunny_fit4life Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I'm to a point where any reasons I'm overweight seem irrelevant to me, because I'm determined to live in the present and only look forward, never back.
  • feldmannb
    feldmannb Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    It's me and all me - can't blame other people or life in general. I made choices, unhealthy ones, to deal with issues in the past, which included drinking in excess and eating at McDonalds, Wendy's, etc. For me its a mindset thing. So now when I get stressed I hit the gym or take a walk and I do eat out a lot now, but make a choice to eat at Panera's, which has a lot of healthy choices1
  • RawMomma10
    RawMomma10 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I was unhappy in my marriage at the time and would eat to smother my feelings. I was active with my children but not active enough, and it was mostly stuffing my frustrations, my anger, my hurt. I weighed more three years ago than I did at my highest point in any of my three pregnancies. That also made me angry. I had no motivation to do better, had no drive to better myself, had no hope for my future. FInally I broke... and I pushed myself to make some really hard choices. I seperated from him, and filed for divorce. As soon as I did that it was like I was free to be me, free to do as I wanted.... I had no more excuses. I had always been a healthy eater...I love food... and had a good balanced between indulging and healthy choices. I fine tuned what I was doing and set myself up with a workout routine. I discovered the ace pills and started taking those off and on. Its been a rough three years, but I have pushed myself. I have set realistic goals that I have hit and then gone past.... I remarried the most wonderful man who ever walked the earth... and am as happy as pigs in mud now... with my life, and with my health. There is always room for improvement and so I keep working to be better.... but I am no longer an emotional eater, I am no longer that cowering woman with no hope or ideas for her future. I am strong, I am capable and I will rock it!!! :)
  • jillica
    jillica Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    NO CONTROL! 3 words - Entire Tombstone Pizza!
  • SakuraRose13
    SakuraRose13 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Well Im not going to say Im fat but overwieght yes and why because I thought having 2 pregnancies 19 months apart was a great idea.I was never able to lose the wieght from my first so when the next pregnancy I was still overwieght,next pregnancy gained 11lbs lost it in a week or so,then it stopped even with breastfeeding,had to stop bf at 6 weeks so my wieght was stalled at 150.5 until I joined here Jan 1st 2013 since then lost 17.5 lbs so far.My youngest daughter turns a year old March 9th so very soon,with running around with her and her older sister 2.5 and lack of sleep no time to do anythign else most days,now exercising and bieng good about eating and calories and I love this site because its (Free) why should I have to pay to lose wieght.Thats it hoping since I can do it other SAHM will feel they can to.
  • monicarcaro
    Options
    College + change in depression meds, also - Italy study abroad! Their pasta was too damned good.
  • feldmannb
    feldmannb Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Can't blame anyone or anything in particular. It was just me - when I get stressed/depressed I would drink excessively and eat at fast food places like McDonald's and Wendy's on the way home from work then eat again at home. The weight came on fast. No on my new healthy life journey, I deal with stress with exercising and walking and I do still eat out but choose healthy places like Panera's (great pick 2 plans!):happy:
  • kaaabney
    kaaabney Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    This is so close to mine. I have always been heavy and honestly I was comfortable with being the chubby girl. I am very much an emotional eater. I have found myself eating when I wasn't hungry just because it was there and it was something I really liked. I am a single mother of two kids so finding time for myself is really hard for me. I work a job that I am chained to a desk all day long(I did invest in a small cycle to keep under my desk). I guess I am just lazy and don't put forth the effort. Honestly when I start doing exercises I hate to quit. I could do it for long periods, its just making the time and actually getting started. Fast food is another problem I have. It is cheaper and easier for me to stop and grab a cheap cheeseburger when we are running between ball practices. (I know this is bad for my children and that is why I am here because I want to stop)
  • sweetnlow30
    sweetnlow30 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    I developed bad eating habits as a child. My mom abandoned me and my dad tried his best to raise me. He knew nothing about nutrition and that a small child was not supposed to eat an entire dinner plate of pasta every day. I also found comfort in food and would eat a family size bag of chips most nights. Growing up, I thought I was just meant to be fat. It wasn't until i started suffering severe health issues five years ago, that I actually looked into what was required to lose weight. I was one of those people who honestly didn't know any better.i wish I could go back in time and educate myself. It would have saved a lot of teasing and self esteem issues I suffered for most of my life.
  • luvmynook
    luvmynook Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Love food more than I like to exercise.
    Big portions
    Too many sweets
    Binge eating
    Never putting my needs before my families
  • rachael726
    rachael726 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I didnt become fat---I became morbidly obese. I started out at 140 lbs or so, what feels like 2359834967436734 years ago. I got pregnant at 19 years old and delivered twins when I was 20 years old. I had 50 pounds, which put me a just a tad over 200. I just gained and gained over the years, like others said, because I ate like complete crap and never moved my body. I got to the point where I was content with my body and just accepted it for what it is.

I was in a very bad relationship that finally ended in October 2012 and thank god!!!

I started on MFP a while back, but never used it like I should have. I decided that I was going to take my life AND body back on 1-3-13 and so far so good. I will doing a 7k marathon in April with a few coworkers. I'm very excited about it. I want to get back down to 140, but I guess as I get closer to onederland, I may adjust my goals. I'm currently weighing in at 278 (as of yesterday, 2/28/13) and I started at 302.6, so yaay!!

So there, there is my dirty laundry. Hope everyone is working hard towards their goals.

Rachael
  • msreesimmons
    Options
    I got fat because when I was normal weight everyone seem to had issues with me it began to make me shy away from people and social situations. As I gained weight it seem more people liked me they wanted be around me and I could hide my nervousness in social situation behind it. I became more noticeable and more free to be me I liked be able to make people laugh however I don't like the way I look and feel now. And I have a long road to combining a healthier me and the more noticeable me into the more desireable me I can be.
  • Boy_momx3
    Boy_momx3 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    3 kids in 6 years- I work a full time, as well as care for my 3 beautiful boys and my husband. I never take any time for myself-I can't seem to fit it in! I don't allow my kids to eat junk, and I need to follow the same rule. I am committed to lose the weight this time and to be the healthiest mom I can be!
  • leodru
    leodru Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Too fat because I am under tall - 5'6" - gods fault. I would be fine if i was 5'10" or even 6'. I love eating - i love all kinds of food. When i was a kid i ate bland stuff and was skinny - maybe i would be better off to go back to that ......
  • jamiem1102
    jamiem1102 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    My love for GOOD food exceeds my consciousness of my waist size. I don't care too much about fast food or anything like that.