? to women burning 700+ calories a workout

Options

Replies

• bawalker11
    bawalker11 Posts: 78
    Options
    Elliptical, on resistance 3-5 tends to burn 100-110 calories every 10 minutes, in 60 minutes I usually burn about 680 calories
  • Sarasari
    Sarasari Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Running,swimming laps and hiking. Find what works for you,good luck!
  • Julieelliott12
    Julieelliott12 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I do any one of the P90X workouts and burn minimum of 500 (if I don't do the whole workout)
  • aquitania
    aquitania Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Biking! I go for a long ride along the river. Last week i burned 2004 cals (according to my HRM), and i was riding for more than 3 hours. That was definetely my alltime max cals burned. :-)
  • mygrl4meee
    mygrl4meee Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    I don't have a heart moniter but zumbacalories.com says that an hour of zumba at my weight at 253 burns 911 calories. I put my lever of how hard I work out in the middle range.
  • amy12321
    amy12321 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    hour yoga class followed by an hour zumba class is about 600-700
    i've burned a lot doing that.
    i weigh 155-157 pounds
  • blasiansrus
    blasiansrus Posts: 151
    Options
    I'm 5'1.5" & was between 102-118lbs when I did these:

using my Elliptical for a little over an hour burned ~650calories
    &&
    in-line skating for an hour & 40min burned 1052 calories :)
    &&
    walking at ~2.5mph (shopping Black Friday haha) for 2 & 1/2 hours burned around 800 calories :)

my suggestion is to just find something you enjoy doing! by having fun you sometimes forget that you're working out:)
  • LilRedRooster
    LilRedRooster Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    Running. I burned 1000 calories doing an 8 mile run earlier. Doing Insanity usually gets me around 500, and if I dd a run to it for the day, even 3 miles, that gives me plenty of burning going on. I'm 5'6" and 145. I also have a higher heart rate than general, so that's something I'm sure contributes.
  • htmlgirl
    htmlgirl Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I run 5-6 miles then walk for another half hour... this burns around 700-900 calories depending on how much I run and how much I walk afterwards. I usually stop when the treadmill stops me (it makes me cooldown after a total of 99 mins). I weigh around 109lbs (5'3). My heart rate is usually in the 170-180 range when I run.
  • aftergypsies
    aftergypsies Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I posted this earlier today and just wanted to share it here! It's a great article called "Why Cardio Alone Doesn't Cut Fat": http://articles.elitefts.com/training-articles/why-cardio-alone-doesnt-cut-fat/

Thanks for posting this article. I hear things said in this article all the time but the writer really put it in terms I get lol.
  • flatbellybella
    flatbellybella Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    not that hard to burn a lot of cals.
    I try burn at least 900 calories each workout.
    My highest calorie burn was about 2,900 cals (kickboxing class, plus the gym).
  • HellsKells
    HellsKells Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    I usually strive to burn around 700 calories per workout. For me, I get there by getting on the elliptical machine for about 45minutes to an hour (depending on my speed) at resistance level 9, and I attend a fitness class twice a week that's mostly circuit training, for about an hour.
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    I'm 172 lbs right now and I run. I burn about 850 if I run for an hour... up to 1500 if I do a long, slow run for 2 hours. Running just puts that entire body weight on your muscles and stresses your body in a way nothing else does. It's great for the burn... but I think many people who run are aiming to strike a balance between eating to fuel the running while still trying to take off a few lbs. I find I have to eat a lot to lose... there's a sweet spot for sure.
  • luvinlife58
    luvinlife58 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I can burn 950 calories in 60 min on treadmill. I put treadmill at highest incline of 10 and walk as fast as I can almost a jog! I'm dripping sweet after 9 min and breathing loud, but after it's so rewarding to see the big number :)
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I do a variety of workouts. usually 1.5-2 hours long. I can burn about 700 doing a good mix of strength training elliptical and other cardio. A good class or P90X with a follow up session on treadmill or even a 2 hour semi leisurely bike ride will do it. wear a hrm to accurately gauge your calorie burn.
  • DarwinChick95
    DarwinChick95 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    i burn 900 and something calories doing an hour of fast swimming
  • malins2
    malins2 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Crossfit, HIIT, spinning where I really challenge myself, running up and down stairs (fast), weightlifting with jump rope, burpees and pushups in between sets.
    I weigh 128lbs.
  • TheFunBun
    TheFunBun Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    I usually get about 10 cal per minute at *kitten* busting activity. I'm 238ish and I subtract my BMR from my longer workouts... and I get my numbers from my BMF and my Polar FT4, so I try to keep my numbers as accurate as possible.
  • jennp1129
    jennp1129 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I usually burn anywhere from 500-800... I run and at the gym my cardio routine is usually elliptical, stair machine and then running. I also do turbo fire or turbo kick. I think its really just about how hard you are pushing yourself and how long you go. my cardio is an hour to 2 hours. Hope you find a workout and burn that fits for you.
  • islandgirl1984
    islandgirl1984 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    If I do my high intensity interval training with weights (30-45 min) plus an hour or more of cardio (3.5 on a 13 incline) I can easily burn 800 calories.