Why are most women on MFP gorgeous?

Options

Replies

• jbutterflye
    jbutterflye Posts: 1,914 Member
    Options
    I've actually found the level of intellectual conversation the most smile inducing aspect of this site. Beautiful women are one thing, beautiful women with brains are quite another :D

you want brains?

9aefff5e-1bd4-46b3-87a4-f5a992a656bd_zpsc2c0b6fd.jpg
  • missigus
    missigus Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I have dated two kinds of women:

1) those who likes compliments and took them well.

2) those who did not take compliments very well, saying it made them uncomfortable.

I have by far enjoyed the company of the former, who also turned out to be more grounded.

When a guy says, you are beautiful, say thank you. The choice to go any farther than that is still yours.

there is a third kind... those who can take a compliment and say thank you and move on. Not overly confident, but not uncomfortable, just humble.

I couldn't agree more!
  • AlanTuring
    Options
    Here's an even BETTER question.... Why do most men on MFP hide their faces and only show their chest/abs/arms????

I THINK WE HAVE SOME BUTTERFACES IN THE HOUSE!!
    Buttisfaces?

Doesn't quite work, but still. I'm sure you're on to something. :P

I like your effort lol. AND you are actually showing your face and have a shirt on! Good for you!
    To be fair, I'm sure that my shirt's only on because that picture is before I lost any weight at all and taking it off would have been a bit sad for everyone involved, really. :P

Maybe that's it? Am I going to turn into a meathead jag and start spamming shirtless pics all over the place the moment I get within four fat layers of my abs?! **** this, I'm logging off and eating a whole cake.
  • MrsK20141004
    MrsK20141004 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    AiT5kCs.gif

LOL! At least he's doing better than tannedtiger. lmao

YES! I totally thought that too as I read through the thread!
  • NormInv
    NormInv Posts: 3,302 Member
    Options
    My turn to make a compliment! Love the hairy chest and abs.. :tongue:

Thank you.
  • jbutterflye
    Options

2) those who did not take compliments very well, saying it made them uncomfortable.

I have by far enjoyed the company of the former, who also turned out to be more grounded.

When a guy says, you are beautiful, say thank you. The choice to go any farther than that is still yours.

there is a third kind... those who can take a compliment and say thank you and move on. Not overly confident, but not uncomfortable, just humble.

yep!
  • jimmyalice1984
    jimmyalice1984 Posts: 171 Member
    Options

This!!

And I'm going to agree with OP that there are many beautiful women on MFP, (I'm straight) and lots of hot guys. One of the few places where the ladies get their fair share of eye candy :smokin:
  • SlickFootAnna
    SlickFootAnna Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    his-people-need-him-yada-yada-30545.gif
  • AlanTuring
    Options

LOL! At least he's doing better than tannedtiger. lmao

YES! I totally thought that too as I read through the thread!
    Ha! It'd be hard not to, wouldn't it?

But yeah, I'm sure he's got at least half a dozen to a dozen friend requests. Sadly, it doesn't take much, and even creepy attention is attention for some folks. :(
  • SlickFootAnna
    SlickFootAnna Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    ALSO

babybinder.jpg
  • Laura42012
    Laura42012 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Sneaky way to ingratiate yourself and get FRs. Well done.

Really.
  • It goes both ways; the men in here make me feel like I'm in a damn Coca Cola Light Break commercial all day :tongue:
    In both cases, it's definitely selection bias, but not quite like the OP thinks - people who don't look like underwear models on here tend to have face close-ups or something abstract for an avatar or just don't post on the forums at all. :P

No dear, its all this working out that's getting our libido flying!!
  • AlanTuring
    Options
    Sneaky way to ingratiate yourself and get FRs. Well done.

Really.
    Well, not THAT sneaky.
  • The_New_Christina
    The_New_Christina Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    I've been wondering the same myself. I could only dream of being as gorgeous as some of the women on here!!!
  • jbutterflye
    Options
    so transparent!

you don't fool me.

well, sometimes.
  • Beckyloo80
    Beckyloo80 Posts: 1,088 Member
    Options
    I've been wondering the same myself. I could only dream of being as gorgeous as some of the women on here!!!

you're pretty gorgeous!
  • diodelcibo
    diodelcibo Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Man you guys are so cynical. I experience that in real life too. The jerks have spoiled it for all us guys. Women get barraged with unwanted overtures, so when a decent good looking guy shows up, they have their guards way up.

:sadness:

6/10 almost believed it for a Planck second.
  • TravisBikes
    TravisBikes Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Well, at least they all photograph well..
  • ami5000psu
    ami5000psu Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    The attractive ones are more likely to post pictures of themselves.
  • pseudomuffin
    pseudomuffin Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    tumblr_mf8b7uukaJ1qmakdao3_250_zps5761f680.gif