sugar is toxic

Options

Replies

• jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    you are a major smart *kitten*. In this case "toxins" is referring to all the **** you take in your body with everyday processed foods. When you look at the ingredients on a package you certainly know what I am referring to. If you have never seen it and don't know what I am talking about then maybe you should debunk it so quickly.

What ****? Seriously. I mean it sounds like it makes all kinds of sense that these things with big scary names must be "clogging up your cells," but that really just doesn't mean anything. There are no "toxins" in your food "clogging up your cells."
  • shaleyn
    shaleyn Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    you are a major smart *kitten*. In this case "toxins" is referring to all the **** you take in your body with everyday processed foods. When you look at the ingredients on a package you certainly know what I am referring to. If you have never seen it and don't know what I am talking about then maybe you should debunk it so quickly.

Then say "I'm removing the "stagnant" food coloring and things-I-can't-pronounce-so-I'm-just-gonna-call-them-toxins-to-scare-people from my body".
  • jonnythan
    Options

Then say "I'm removing the "stagnant" food coloring and things-I-can't-pronounce-so-I'm-just-gonna-call-them-toxins-to-scare-people from my body".

The vitamins I've been taking have pyridoxine hydrochloride in them! These toxins are clogging up my cells!

Wait.... that's vitamin B6? Oh, so it's got "vitamin" in the name now. Awesome, it's healthy now!

I don't mean to make fun, but this is the sort of thing this is about. Yes chemical names can be very intimidating if you don't know what the compounds are. But that doesn't mean they're toxins. Your body is full of chemicals with names that would look terrifying on the ingredients list of a Pop Tart.

It's easy and convenient to just assume "processed" food is full of all these "toxins" with names you've never heard of. That's intellectually bankrupt though.
  • shaleyn
    shaleyn Posts: 125 Member
    Options

The vitamins I've been taking have pyridoxine hydrochloride in them! These toxins are clogging up my cells!

Wait.... that's vitamin B6? Oh, so it's got "vitamin" in the name now. Awesome, it's healthy now!

I don't mean to make fun, but this is the sort of thing this is about. Yes chemical names can be very intimidating if you don't know what the compounds are. But that doesn't mean they're toxins. Your body is full of chemicals with names that would look terrifying on the ingredients list of a Pop Tart.

It's easy and convenient to just assume "processed" food is full of all these "toxins" with names you've never heard of. That's intellectually bankrupt though.

It's funny how long names in vitamins are 'ok', but as soon as they hit a label, they are a toxin, huh?
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    It's probably best not to advise people about "toxins" and "antioxidants" if you have no understanding of what they are.

• jonnythan
    Options
    It's probably best not to advise people about "toxins" and "antioxidants" if you have no understanding of what they are.

I know what antioxidants are. Can you give me some examples of the "toxins" in our foods that clog our cells and antioxidants fight off?
  • cassiemk85
    cassiemk85 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I am by far, no expert. But I have been told that processed sugar is awful for you. I have heard that the best sugar to consume is raw sugar. But still in high moderation. Sugar quickly turns to fat, causes your blood sugar levels to spike, gives you that 'crash' feeling, etc.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options

I know what antioxidants are. Can you give me some examples of the "toxins" in our foods that clog our cells and antioxidants fight off?
    Lovely. :drinker:

I was referring to her, not you, but please go on. :) I'll listen.
  • jonnythan
    Options

Lovely. :drinker:

I was referring to her, not you, but please go on. :) I'll listen.

Oh, my apologies. You quoted me, so I thought you were talking about me.
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    processed sugar is awful for you
    Sugar quickly turns to fat

these are FALSE.
  • jessicapetert23
    jessicapetert23 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    this thread is super entertaining.
  • bethgrayster
    bethgrayster Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    16579601327.jpeg

This is exactly what I was thinking. :laugh:
  • jonnythan
    Options

It's funny how long names in vitamins are 'ok', but as soon as they hit a label, they are a toxin, huh?

And you know, virtually all vitamins have harmful effects in high doses. Just like sugar. And sodium. And fat.

Anything, in too high a dose, will be bad for you, especially if the high dose is chronic. Iron, colloidal silver, fish oil, vitamin A, raspberry ketones, whatever. That doesn't mean these things are toxins. Yes, chronically high levels of sugar are bad for you. But sugar is not a toxin. If your blood stream were ever glucose-free, you would literally drop dead. If you ate no sodium for a while, you would develop *serious* issues.

Sugar, in moderation, is a healthy and normal thing.
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Options
    Breathing is toxic. So to everyone who keeps with the sugar is toxic BS, please stop breathing that way you'll be toxin free and stop polluting forums.
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    hi. i read here a bunch that really processed foods and foods with preservatives are bad for you. but ive also heard a bunch of people say that sugar is toxic!?! does anyone know what sort of toxins come from sugar?

carbon dioxide and hydrogen monoxide are by-products of the breakdown of sugar. Your cells metabolise sugar into these two chemicals, each of which can kill you. If carbon dioxide builds up on your blood it'll kill you. And the perils of hydrogen monoxide have been widely publicised online, a quick google search will reveal them to you.

Oxygen is also toxic, and it's explosive too. In fact oxygen is what enables sugar to be broken down in your cells to carbon dioxide and hydrogen monoxide in the first place. Additionally, a 50% mixture between oxygen and any airbourne combustable substance, including very innocent things like icing sugar, is explosive. Oxygen is highly dangerous.

We must stop eating sugar in all its forms, and also stop breathing in oxygen, in order to protect our bodies from the horror of carbon dioxide and hydrogen monoxide, caused by the breakdown of sugar in our cells.
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    how do I delete the comments that arent serious?

close your eyes.
  • LishieFruit89
    LishieFruit89 Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options

And you're absolutely rude!
    They weren't being mean, just asking a question.
    And you jumped down their throats.

Btw, you have an error in your post, besides the bull about toxins.
  • AbbieZabba
    AbbieZabba Posts: 110
    Options
    sugarhoney.jpg

sugarlips2.jpg

sugarlips.jpg
  • AbbieZabba
    AbbieZabba Posts: 110
    Options
    how do I delete the comments that arent serious?

close your eyes.

:heart: :flowerforyou: :drinker: