Roz from NSW, Australia
  • walkermom58
    walkermom58 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    My March goals are:
    Stay within calorie goal.
    No nibbling or grazing.
    Lose the final 5.5 pounds by Easter.
    Continue training for Walking half marathon.
    Work out with weights for upper body strength.
    Drink 8+glasses of water daily.
    Continue to encourage my MFP friends as they encourage me.:smile:
  • cooky56ny
    cooky56ny Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I've been thinking of getting a Fitbit. I have an old school pedometer. Which one would you all recommend the Flex or the Zip?

Welcome to all the Newbies, (I also am a newbie) and I can Honestly say you have just joined the best group of supportive great, Ladies ever.
    Happy Sunday MFPals :smile:
  • ohiomomof2
    ohiomomof2 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Good morning, all!

Lizplus – good luck getting back on track with your exercise! I’m struggling with this myself and can only say – take one day at a time and do what you can do that day. Tomorrow will take care of itself.

Grandmallie – I am so sorry that you are faced with all of these challenges! Family can be such a blessing but those times that our relationships are stressed can really weigh us down.

Katla – have fun with your DD and DGD!

Wessecg – thanks for sharing the pics! You and your horse look great!

Jade – welcome! Your goals are all good ones, especially the first. Please do that if you do nothing else this month.

Gayla – welcome. I have similar “evening snacking” challenges. I haven’t been able to eliminate eating in the evenings but have been able to limit myself to fruit or veggies. That has helped me a lot.

Nonnicee – glad to hear that you found your relatives all doing well! Good luck getting back on track with your eating plan. It’s so easy sometimes to go astray and so difficult to get back on the plan. I know you will get there, though!

Rebel – wishing you well on your next mammogram! Totally agree with you on the question of keeping cookies and other no-no’s in the house. Have fun with your DD – that sounds like a wonderful day!

Gail – hysterical but this rings very true for me. I’ve tried Spanx and similar garments before and never found them to be the “miracle” workers that others have.

Jackie – CONGRALATIONS on your new size and “curves”!

Welcome to all of the new posters I may have missed! You have found a great thread of supportive, like-minded women.

Cooky – I just bought a Fitbit Zip a couple of weeks ago and I love it. I don’t know anything about the other models but this one was fairly inexpensive and does the things I wanted. It doesn’t track sleep or some of the things the more expensive ones do but it does track steps, distance covered and calories burned. Good luck selecting the right one for you!

Prayers for all who are struggling with challenges – physical, mental or emotional.

Sandy, central Ohio
  • zobqueen
    zobqueen Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone! Just found this thread! What a great idea! :flowerforyou:

My goals for March:

1. To log everyday everything.
    2. To continue to find more healthy options as alternatives to the unhealthy options.
    3. To loose 5 lbs.
    4. To exercise 30 minuntes to 1 hr a day 5 days a week.
    5. To enjoy turning 58 this month!

Yal have a grand day!

Denise from SE New Mexico. :smile:
  • marciebrian
    marciebrian Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    I am having problems exercising because of my knee problems.

Trying to figure out the best "diet" plan...there are so many, and they are all so different, and contradict each other.

Just feel low, I am not doing so great. So, I just want to give up. I mean, I am watching what I eat, not losing weight, going to the gym. Five days a week.

I keep telling myself I am doing this to improve my health...but I want to lose weight too.

You can't give up! Its your life you're working to improve. I have 10 years on you and am thankful every day. You can friend me if you'd like and I'm happy to look at your diary. You may be eating too much processed foods or not enough protein. We're all at the same place and the point of these threads is to support each other...... :wink: :flowerforyou:
    Marcie from Maryland
  • Robins1234
    Options
    70 pounds WOW Wonderful and Good for you---I need to get rid of that and then some--Hope I can follow in your footsteps--

<y email is---- mkrob@wcgwave.ca Hope yo hear from you . Marlene
  • marciebrian
    marciebrian Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm new to Myfitnesspal so this will be my first month. My goals ate simple....
    To keep loging food each day
    To exercise each day except Sunday, I think I should have one day off.
    To stay away from wine, no more after work glass before and then with dinner.

However there are obsticals, my partner Tony who has just bought me chocolate knowing I want to loose weight and keeping motivated without any family or friend support. We've moved around a lot so not near them.

I'm looking forward to supporting and befriending others here. So good luck to us all.

Pauline , Cheshire, England.
    Hi Pauline! I'm new too. Wine is totally my downfall. If I have alcohol I don't care about the food so much so only allowed for dinners out. Please make sure your friend knows that you would appreciate their support and that this is about you and your life. Feel free to friend me if I can help
  • pamelalk
    pamelalk Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    hi everyone, i would love to join this group, how do i do that? i am 47 have already lost my weight and was trying to maintain when i messed up now trying to lose the same 10 pounds over and over again. What i would like to accomplish for March is, lose more of the 10 pounds and keep it off, but mainly EXERCISE..at this moment, although I am active with everyday life i do not specifically do any type of exercise. I would really like to be able to jog ..any tips for me?
  • cjvvus
    cjvvus Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Hello from Cynthia from Indianapolis, IN
    Did not reach my resolutions this february which was to be under 200lbs. I am 3 lbs away which is good. Did not gain the in feb which is even better since i barely exercised. Since March 1st I have committed to 60 min of exercise a day and so far so good. M y biggest problem is staying consistent. So hopefully by verbalizing my goal I will be held accountable.
    CONGRATULATIONS OF GETTING RID OF 70 LBS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't like to say lose because I know no one wants to find them:)
  • kathyszoo
    kathyszoo Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Good morning lovely ladies!

Nothing new to report. Just wanted to pop by and say hi.

LindaS - onederland is making being under 200 lbs (finally, although not by much). Working on my next short term goal of losing another 20.

Jackie-Congrats on finding the perfect dress!:smile:

Off to do errands!

Toodles,

Kathy
  • wessecg
    wessecg Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Ok Jackie, we want pictures!!! Great success.

grandmallie - that was quite the rant - I couldn't follow it all after the husband teasing you with his food - did he live through that?
    You know I had plantar faciitis for 6 years - for everyone else I knew it went away in 6 months. The doctor kept saying I should lose weight but I kept thinking 180+ pounds can't be bad enough to cause weight related issues. Well, guess what, I am under 160 now and the plantar faciitis is GONE!! It's a catch 22 for sure though - you can't exercise like you'd like because your feet hurt, and you gain weight which makes your feet hurt more. :mad:

Cookie - I don't think the zip does the sleep and I like to see how well I sleep at night. I have the One (I had the Ultra they are mailing me the One) and I like it best because I don't want it on my wrist all the time. On the flip side though if it had been on my wrist instead of my hip, I might not have lost it so many times.

Yes Sundance - Your vitamin F a day is a necessity! Sorry about your hand surgery. I too have to go to the hand doctor. My arthritis in my thumb is getting in the way of my life. And now I notice what must be a ganglion cyst on my wrist. I had them on three fingers once and had them surgically removed. Took a long time for that to heal. How old is your DD? I'm guessing you must have a young one too if she's still in school and sleeps in a twin bed.

Everyone's exercising on here makes me feel I should be doing something more than just walking. I always prefer activities to exercise and riding my horse is my activity of choice. I am so happy that we are nearing the end of daylight savings time and I will have some sunlight (and hopefully warmth) for evening riding again.

Yesterday when it was time to go ride with the kids I was suddenly exhausted. I had ridden earlier to show someone a horse I had for sale and was excited to ride again. But when I came home I had zero energy. It was bizarre. But out I went and had fun. But then this morning I have awakened with a sore throat, snuffy nose and a cough.:sick: I guess it's my turn. That stinks because I know I don't get my steps in if I'm convalescing. I also know that I can be hungry on my death bed so I am sure I won't eat less today. We'll see.
  • suebdew
    suebdew Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    Beautiful sunny morning and I'm feeling good! Just a quick note to say welcome to all the newbies. Hope you'll come back and chat with us often.
    My plans for today are church and then work on my screened porch to get some of the winter dust off it. Would like to plant some flowers in pots but know it's too early.
    Everyone have a wonderful day and log your food.

Sue in TX
  • Karen_8992
    Karen_8992 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    So very glad to read these goals. Gives me ideas as well as motivation! Thank you, everyone! I am pretty new to MFP.

My goal in February was to keep my focus and not completely fall backwards or off. Fruits and vegetables has also been a February goal of mine. Success!:tongue:

I set more of a long term goal beginning in November (began MFP later in January this year) to see where I am at weight and focus wise the middle of March by using my daughter's Division Basketball schedule. Kind of like I am playing in games of a full season. Believe it or not, it has helped me to keep focused. I cannot believe March is already here.

My March goal is to continue to fruit/vegetable focus and to begin more of a walking/exercise program March 18.

Thank you everyone! You are an inspiration!
  • jb_2011
    jb_2011 Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    G'Morning, 'tis Sunday, the day I plan my Super-Strategic Sets of Strict Steps towards a Stunning Success. Try saying that a few times in a row :laugh:

All kidding aside, it simply must be. No more fiddling around with trusting myself by not logging everything I eat. At least not yet. I thought I was ready, but alas, the scale spoke loud and clear this morning. :huh:

:flowerforyou: No need to grumble, just don't fumble.
    :flowerforyou: Get your groove and make it move.
    :flowerforyou: Set a plan and yes, you can.
    :flowerforyou: March on in and keep that grin.
    :flowerforyou: Don't look back, Jack.

Wishing you all a wonderful day!

:smile: jb in Portland where the clouds are breaking, showing a little blue sky
  • bevmcarthur
    bevmcarthur Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Congrats to all
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies.

I am truly in a funk and constantly spatting with DH. I know its my depression and frustration but it just doesn't feel good to fight. I want to cry all the time right now and I really hate that. I have to get this job thing behind me and quickly or I am going to be in big trouble. I hate to be so gloomy but I promised myself I would post more to keep all of my Vit F there for me because I have a feeling I am going to need it al lot in the near future.

Robin, Bodi boy and Ritter bit
    Depressed in PNW
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    wesseccg: I love the pictures, especially the happy look on your face.:bigsmile:

Jane in SLC: I used to teach HALT to my kids at school. It is such a productive way to deal with stress. I haven’t thought of it in a long time. Thanks for the reminder.:flowerforyou:

Renny: “We had a number of visitors coming and going, so I drank water (better that way). DH said - whilst I was serving tea - don't we have any cookies in the house, I said: NO! (and no apologies to the visitors ). Honestly, what is he thinking? That I am going to keep cookies in the house? How could that be working well for moi?! Besides the visitors had just finished lunch. It's the Dutch thing in him. Visitors should be offered a cookie. But I digress.” :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: This is hilarious, and so male. I love Sydney, but haven’t been there in years. Just thinking of you there put another smile on my face.:happy:

softblondechi: The best diet plan is the one you’ll follow willingly. I have not eliminated ANY food that I love, but I’ve learned the magic of portion control. :bigsmile: My knees are also a problem. I do yoga, walk, and ride a recumbent bike. Elliptical trainers are relatively easy on the knees, and people recommend swimming. IMHO the best exercises are the ones you enjoy.:flowerforyou:

SundanceB: thanks for the good wishes.:flowerforyou:

Jackie: The shopping trip sounds fun. I like to shop with my daughter when I get the chance, which is seldom. She lives several hundred miles away.:ohwell:

Roz from NSW, Australia: Welcome!

People are starting to wake up, so I need to get busy. We're hoping to do something fun today. Maybe it will be a trip to the zoo. I hope the weather is suitable. Dry would be perfect.:bigsmile:

Katla in NW Oregon
  • lua620
    lua620 Posts: 31
    Options
    Good morning all. I can't believe we"re on page 7 already and it's only March 3rd. Had a busy day yesterday with the party and all and did not stay exactly on plan, but today is another day and pickinng up from here and moving on. Tomorrow is weigh in day so I really hope I have had a successful week.

I hope everyone has a great day. Will chaeck back in tomorrow.

LuAnn
    Jersey Girl, Jersey Strong
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,783 Member
    Options
    Afternoon Ladies,
    again I apologize for the rant::embarassed: sorry if I was out of line~did get to the gym and did an hr there,the only thing I can really do is the recumbent bike and the machines... Im glad im not the only one that is suffering or has suffered with this problem...
    Before I get out of bed I take a towel and stretch my foot, I also roll a frozen water bottle under my foot at least once a day.Has anyone heard or tried Gravity Defyer shoes, they are on the expensive side, but I need to keep moving and losing and I am getting desperate:wink:
    I am going to guess it is allergies that have me sneezing up a storm, because everytime I m outside I have a sneezing fit and my eyes itch..because of my PKD I cant take allergy meds so I suffer through.
    making pork chops and scalloped potatoes for the DH and I will have a baked pork chop with some applesauce and green beans. It feels good to just sit with my foot up for a bit, then I am going to soak in a nice tub.A hot tub would be nice:happy:
    Well ladies enjoy the afternoon.. and have fun