What do you eat for breakfast?

Options
nikki_dw
nikki_dw Posts: 126 Member
I'm a Slimfast fan. By no means am I technically on the Slimfast diet, but I like the convenience of the shakes for breakfast and the nutrition. I can grab it, drink it on the way to work and be full until lunch. However, it's killing my sugar intake!

I am not a morning person by any means. It's highly unlikely that I'm going to turn on the stove in the morning and I want to create realistic goals.

What are your easy go-to breakfasts? (No bananas -- I'm allergic)

Thanks!

Replies

• courtneybrooke27
    courtneybrooke27 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    lightly sweetened oatmeal, greek yogurt, quest bars

i'm not a morning person either, but i do find that prepping my meals in advance always helps with that. i dice up onions and peppers and keep them in a container, and i buy the carton egg whites so all i have to do is throw the veggies in the pan and pour a little egg white in, and it's done in a matter of minutes. 1tbsp of salsa on top and it's a veggie & egg white scramble, essentially hassle free!
  • Ramberta
    Ramberta Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    I usually grab a piece of fruit-- nectarine, orange, banana (I know you can't have those lol), or a handful of blueberries-- yes, it'll tax your daily sugar, but natural sugar isn't a big deal in my opinion. You're getting other good things by eating the fruit instead of a donut or something.

I also will get a baggie and measure out a cup of dry cereal, or a half cup of granola, and toss a quarter cup of nuts in to give me a good protein boost. If I don't have nuts in the house and am feeling a bit peckish sometimes I eat a non- or low-fat yogurt cup, but that can also kill your sugar if you're not careful about which kind you select.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Typically 2 or 3 whole eggs fried in coconut oil, sourdough toast with butter, a piece of fruit, black coffee. The eggs and toast probably take less than 10 minutes to prepare - not as fast as grabbing a shaken, but worth it in my book. :smile:

My other go-to breakfast is oatmeal with Greek yogurt, fruit, walnuts, honey and cinnamon. The cereal takes 2-3 minutes in the microwave, and I put all the other stuff in the bowl while it's cooking, so it's pretty fast prep time.
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    Quick: yogurt with a half serving of grapenuts
    Less quick: scrambled eggs with ham
    When I think to get breakfast started before my workout: steel cut oatmeal with fruit and nuts.
  • EmmaKarney
    EmmaKarney Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    In the week - mostly porridge (oatmeal) with honey or yoghurt & granola.

At the weekend sometimes scrambled eggs & veggie sausages

Don't deviate from those breakfasts often. Like to keep breakfast within 350 cals max.
  • enigmaneo
    enigmaneo Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Scrambled eggs and turkey bacon. If I'm running late a QT buffalo roller.
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    Hardboiled egg (which can be done ahead of time) mixed with 1/2 an avocado, tomato slices, salsa and mushrooms wrapped in a lettuce leaf or tortilla.

Plain greek yogurt mixed with honey and flax seed
  • kaitgettingfit
    Options
    My usuals:

Oatmeal with PB2, Coconut, Almonds & Walden farms pancake syrup
    A Quest bar
    Banana scrambled eggs
    Protein pancake
  • JoshuaL86
    JoshuaL86 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal with bananas, strawberries, and organic blueberry and almond granola.
  • sethysgirl
    Options
    I have really started like have a few types of fruit (kind of like a fresh, only fruits I like, fruit salad) with some cheese. String cheese is quick and easy. Oh and usually a cup of hot tea in the colder weather.
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    Currently, lately, just whole eggs and tortillas and coffee with silk vanilla soy. It satisfies me every morning and never get bored.
  • sugboog29
    sugboog29 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    Fat free cottage cheese, 80 calorie whole grain english muffin, and fruit...yummy
  • micheleb15
    micheleb15 Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    Organic oatmeal with cinnamon, honey, blueberries and flax seed. I love oatmeal and plain greek yogurt because they take on whatever flavor you want. Apples and cinnamon, banana and maple syrup, Strawberries and honey, etc. It breaks up the monotony.
  • thisbe12go
    thisbe12go Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I love steel cut oats with whatever fruit I have on hand. The oats take about 45 minutes from start to finish so when I have time I cook up a twelve serving batch and freeze each serving individually. They come straight out of the freezer to the microwave and only take three minutes. It's my saving grace cause I am not a morning person either.
  • MrsSWW
    MrsSWW Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    I usually have something sweet and something savoury, so perhaps yoghurt with fresh fruit or porridge with fruit, and also a cheese omelette or eggs on toast, maybe with some tomatoes or baked beans. Usually around 600 cals.

My body would reject Slimfast on principle.:laugh:
  • ron2e
    ron2e Posts: 606
    Options
    Poached or boiled eggs (soft preferred), or fruit. Might add a rasher of bacon or a sausage if I'm in a hotel away from home (or a slice of ham in mainland Europe).
  • wilkyway
    wilkyway Posts: 151
    Options
    I usually have my breakfast after I've hit the gym in the morning.

ATM I'm having greek yoghurt with wheat germ, a piece of fruit or berries, linwood's shredded flaxseed, cinammon and some granola on top. Luuuurve it :-)

Otherwise- oatmeal with protein powder, omelettes...
  • smbaird2030
    Options
    I just eat a low fat Thomas' english muffin with peanut butter.
  • janet0513
    janet0513 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    My quick breakfasts are flax or low carb bread with peanut butter, special k protein cereal and ready made egg white sandwiches (frozen, dunkins, or homemade the night before). If the sugar is killing you, what about a protein shake. The powders I use are low in sugar.
  • keepsakesbyconny
    keepsakesbyconny Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Bowl of basic 4 cereal with almond milk, handful of red grapes and usually boiled egg or piece of leftover meat from the night before. I try to boil my eggs the night before...