What do you eat for breakfast?

Options

Replies

• mk834
    mk834 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Oh, and ALWAYS at least two cups of fair trade coffee with half and half. I can't cut that out!
  • erinsueburns
    erinsueburns Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    I do a smoothie. I measure out the frozen veggied and stuff into the blend and go cup the night before. The next moring I just pop it onto the blender to blend and (hahah) go!

My "recipe" includes about 140 grams of frozen fruit (I don't do bananas either), maybe an ounce of baby carrots, a half cup of greek yogurt and a scoop of protein powder. Then before blending I add enough water to let it blend well. Since everything was portioned out the night before it is super quick in the morning.
  • RUNN3Rmom
    RUNN3Rmom Posts: 441
    Options
    Every morning, same thing...easy and convenient :)

6 egg whites, Canadian bacon (or turkey bacon), spinach - in a wrap or on some bread.

edited: spelling
  • khemory
    khemory Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Fruit & Yogurt parfait from Mcdonalds - love this thing and it keeps me full!!
  • artex1024
    artex1024 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Orange juice, a slice of whole wheat toast with peanut butter, a piece of fruit and coffee. I'd leave out the OJ to lower sugar, but it's super refreshing and it washes down my vitamins, :)
  • Bownzi
    Bownzi Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Egg white omlet... sausage patty, fruit....
  • sprintto50
    sprintto50 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    I grab a whole wheat English muffin, toast it and add a tablespoon of peanut butter and bit of homemade jam or some honey. I can eat it on the go and it's ready in a couple of minutes. Add a few grapes for a fairly rounded breakfast.
  • dewsmom78
    dewsmom78 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I love breakfast, so I eat a variety. Eggs, toast with peanut butter, Jimmy Dean delight sandwiches, oatmeal. Basically anything to keep me full till lunch.
  • rfuchs
    rfuchs Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-detail.asp?recipe=868006

I tried this recipe this week b/c a friend tried it and liked it. It kept me full and was actually pretty good. I want to try adding fruits or maybe some chocolate chips next time.
  • angel_bear60
    angel_bear60 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I'm so not a normal breakfast person and until a few weeks ago, i didn't eat breakfast. I'm a type 2 diabetic and know better so i started doing whey protein shakes like my son did during wrestling. I use 1c milk(soy, almond, 2%,etc), a banana, 1 scoop of whey protein powder, 1/2 c frozen blueberrries, and 1-2Tbl flax seed and mix it in the blender. Fills me up and keeps me from wanting to constantly eat:)
  • mrsflowers47
    mrsflowers47 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I just found that best FAT Burning breakfast or snack food yet. It is Hannaford instant oatmeal with apples and cinnamon. Nothing fake to it. I like it dry out of the pack with a few raisins added for a trail mix and I like it with skim milk HOT! You get 16g of whole grain per package. It has 130 calories and only 9g of sugar. Great Product! :flowerforyou:
  • tacguy
    tacguy Posts: 196
    Options
    Chocolate Shakeology. Healthiest meal of the day and quick to make!
  • kimmynw1
    kimmynw1 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt with flax seed works for me or I just grab a protein bar!
  • MSeel1984
    MSeel1984 Posts: 2,297 Member
    Options
    I go through phases.

My breakfast is usually in two parts. Before my workout I do coffee and toast with either light butter and jam or with peanut butter. (sometimes I'll do a granola bar)

Second part of breakfast is when I get to work I have a fat free greek yogurt.

Boring.

On the weekends I do something heartier like poached or scrambled eggs with whole grain toast or pancakes or something like that if I have time.
  • zillah73
    zillah73 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I like to mix it up at breakfast so I don't get bored. I love sweet potatoes with almond butter and cinnamon, scrambled egg whites with salsa, black beans and pepper jack, and whole grain hot cereals with fruits and nuts (toasted millet with peaches and pecans this week).
  • Richie2shoes
    Richie2shoes Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I do some prep work on weekends to make it easier in the mornings. I dice up half a yellow bell pepper, half a red bell pepper and half of a large sweet onion. I mix it together and store it in the fridge. I also dice up 10 pieces of turkiey bacon and store it separately in the fridge. In the mornings, I mix some of each in a bowl with a spritz of cooking spray and microwave for 1 minute. Then I scramble in an egg and microwave for another minute. I springle on 2 tbs shredded cheese and wrap it in a soft-taco size tortilla shell. It's 330 calories. I either make it at home and eat it driving to work or just pack everything and make it at work and eat it at my desk.
  • molissep
    molissep Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    i've found that plain oatmeal with a tbsp or two of peanut butter is delicous and filling! or greek yogurt with some granola :) when i have the time i like to make an omlet with veggies and cheese
  • lizschiller165
    lizschiller165 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    English muffin with peanut butter, side of fruit, and a large cup of coffee.
  • heysarge13
    heysarge13 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    My favorite meal of the day. 1 cup of oatmeal, 6 egg whites, 1 cup watermelon, and 2 tbs peanut butter
  • gfedex
    gfedex Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Usually two eggs- either boiled or fried with a small amount of oil- and a piece of fruit (typically an orange).