What do you eat for breakfast?

Options

Replies

• Just2Bhappy
    Just2Bhappy Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I'm always hungry in the morning so I HAVE to have breakfast. Unless I wake up late and have to run out the door ASAP. LOL. Apple with peanut butter, Greek Yogurt, Instant Oatmeal, Cottage cheese. These are some quick things you can eat with out having to cook or prepare.
  • palmerar
    palmerar Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Whole wheat english muffin, 1 tbsp peanut butter, sliced strawberries on top = 230 cals and keeps me full from 6:30am to 10 am

Also 2 slices wheat toast with 1 tbsp peanut butter and 1 tsp honey = 250 cals add milk if I am extra hungry
  • LibertyBelle89
    Options
    i ususally boil an egg the night before and peel it, then I have toast with peanut butter with it.. i eat that at around 7am and im good to go til 11-12ish and by then its close to my lunch anyway...
  • tisha_rae
    tisha_rae Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I'm a Slimfast fan. By no means am I technically on the Slimfast diet, but I like the convenience of the shakes for breakfast and the nutrition. I can grab it, drink it on the way to work and be full until lunch. However, it's killing my sugar intake!

I am not a morning person by any means. It's highly unlikely that I'm going to turn on the stove in the morning and I want to create realistic goals.

What are your easy go-to breakfasts? (No bananas -- I'm allergic)

Thanks!

I buy fruit during the week cut it up and freeze then in the morning I blend it with coconut milk.

Whole grain toast or a whole grain muffin w/ peanut butter

Yogurt ( I hate it)

A healthy cereal

Fruit

Hard boiled eggs
  • UnoDrea3732
    UnoDrea3732 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    1st - Lemon Shot (juice of one lemon)

Then - Scrambled eggs (2 egg white + 1 whole egg), 1/2 Avocado, and 1/2 Grapefruit with 1 packet of Stevia.
  • Machafin
    Machafin Posts: 2,988 Member
    Options
    2 eggs, 2 pieces of turkey bacon, 8 oz of skin milk, my vitamin and fish oil. Everyday. Keeps me satisfied for about 5 hours.
  • dawnna76
    dawnna76 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    Coffee - Brewed from grounds, 4 cup (8 fl oz) 9
    Generic - Coffee-Mate Sugar Free French Vanilla Creamer, 6 tbsp. 90
    Generic - White Granulated Sugar, 6 teaspoon 90
    Carol's Sam Club Rose Fully Cooked 97% Fat Free - Canadian Bacon Slices, 2 slices 30
    Kirkland Signature (Costco - Egg Whites - Real Egg Product, 1/4 cup( 61g) 30 1
    Joseph Farms - Sharp Cheddar Cheese, 1 slice 80
    Milton's - Multigrain English Muffin, 1 Muffin 130
    Add Food Quick Tools 459 calories

Eta: all done in the microwave and toaster oven. No stove required
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter on wheat bread or a fruit smoothie

If I'm running by McDonald's- a fruit and yogurt parfait
  • awebs89
    awebs89 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Every Sunday I make a big patch of egg muffins. I scramble 2 eggs and 3 tablespoons egg white, spinach and ground turkey then pour into a muffin pan (make sure you grease the pan). Bake in the oven for 20 minutes at 400 degrees. I pop them out and portion them into plastic baggies. Each morning I take a baggie and put it in the microwave for one minute. It works great for me because i eat them while driving to work and it's easy to just grab them in the morning.
  • Freshstartingmyhealthylife
    Options
    In a jar put:
    1/2 dry rolled oats
    1-2 tablespoons yogurt
    1/3 or half a cup of milk or water (depending on how think you like it)

Then add stuff like cinnamon, sweetener if needed, chia seeds, flax seeds ect. & stir
    Place the lid on the jar & put in the fridge overnight.

In the morning you can quickly throw in a handful of berries or nuts & eat on the go :)
  • Bubsys_mom
    Bubsys_mom Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Usually whole wheat bagel with cream cheese and some yogurt. Usually the Yo Crunch so I can get a bit of sweetness in. :P
  • angbecks
    angbecks Posts: 12
    Options
    two hardboiled eggs and I'm good till lunch. they're just as fast as a shake when you bake them up ahead of time. Definitely go for good protein. It's made a huge difference in my desire to snack later in the day. the days i eat less protein for breakfast, I'm snacking like crazy.
  • aarikadanielle
    Options
    Work days; 2 scoops of whey proteiin in a shaker bottle and nonfat greek yogurt or a piece of fruit usually an apple or a banana.
    Weekends: Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein oatmeal or Protein pancakes and some type of fruit!
  • keepingm0tivated
    Options
    Oatmeal, fruit or toast. :tongue:
  • MallorieGreiner
    MallorieGreiner Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Quick breakfast is always oatmeal and an apple.
    Days I have off, I make baked oatmeal and different kinds of healthy pancakes and french toast. =)
  • shutterbug282
    shutterbug282 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Yoghurt and Granola mix, smoothies or cereal. :)
  • Lecterman
    Lecterman Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Most days it's oatmeal with chia seeds, flax seed meal, peanut butter, and a bit of stevia. It is my go to breakfast. Some days though I will eat leftovers or something else that strikes my fancy.
  • bmqbonnie
    bmqbonnie Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I eat eggs almost every day. When I don't I'm hungry in like 20 minutes lol. I just made eggs with leftover roast beef and black beans thrown in along with some green pepper, cheese and avocado.

Sometimes I shake it up with pancakes or steel cut oats, but eggs are cheap and easy and filling.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    I rotate between 3. I am not a morning person either .... I need to prep the night before or it's not gonna happen.

3/4 C Kashi Go Lean mix in: Dannon Light & Fit, 1/4 C frozen raspberries, 1 TLB sliced almonds. 250 Calories ... 16.8 gms protein, 10.5 gms fiber, 4.6 gms good fat ..... keeps me full until lunch. Prep is dry ingredients are placed in a ziplock baggie.... wet ingredients are placed in a large covered mug (that's my mixing/serving bowl) in the refrigerator.

Chobani Greek Yogurt (flavored -0%), with a side of Kashi Heart to Heart Cinnamon cereal (1 C) 287 Calories ... 19.3 gms protein, 7.7 gms fiber, no fat

Steel cut oats mixed with PB2 (powdered peanut butter) and sweetened with maple syrup ..... you could mix in protein powder if you like 215 Calories ... 9.4 gms protein, 5.8 gms fiber, 3.8 gms fat. Prep: I add boiling water (cover) and soak instant steel cut oats overnight .... this cuts the 5 minute cooking time in half.
  • EpitomeOfSxy
    EpitomeOfSxy Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I make either an egg white omelette with veggies or I fry up 3 whole eggs with coconut oil, with either tea or coffee.