What do you eat for breakfast?

Options

Replies

• yeraldin03
    Options
    Scramble egg whites, 1 slice of American cheese and two wheat bread slices! or a healthy cereal. I love fruit so I try to eat cereal with lots of fruit :)
  • pattypureheart
    pattypureheart Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I do slim-fast for breakfast too... and know what you're saying. So glad you brought it up! How about we start doing fruit smoothies? It's a grab n go thing. Any berries or soft fruit like ripe pear or peach or kiwi with yogurt pureed in the blender or food processor. On less busy days I love a HUGE omelet loaded with veg. of any kind and i do put in just enough cheese to hold it all in there.
  • pattypureheart
    pattypureheart Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I do some prep work on weekends to make it easier in the mornings. I dice up half a yellow bell pepper, half a red bell pepper and half of a large sweet onion. I mix it together and store it in the fridge. I also dice up 10 pieces of turkiey bacon and store it separately in the fridge. In the mornings, I mix some of each in a bowl with a spritz of cooking spray and microwave for 1 minute. Then I scramble in an egg and microwave for another minute. I springle on 2 tbs shredded cheese and wrap it in a soft-taco size tortilla shell. It's 330 calories. I either make it at home and eat it driving to work or just pack everything and make it at work and eat it at my desk.

This sounds deelish!
  • ehorn625
    ehorn625 Posts: 144
    Options
    M-F coffee and light (90 calorie) yogurt
    Might do something more interesting on the weekends! lol!
  • nytius
    nytius Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Though I'm not big on breakfast...I've found breakfast is key for me. If I don't eat enough of it or skip it I'm either starving by lunch or skip lunch as well.

Turkey sausage diced with my no oil scrambled eggs

I love a boiled egg with 2 slices lean turkey bacon

Today was a day I didn't feel like breakfst food at breakfast time so I had veggies, diced grilled chicken, and a side of mixed fruit. I just did a 1/2 of a normal portion to keep it light.
  • Justamom410
    Justamom410 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I like the Vitalicious Vitamuffins. They are found in the frozen breakfast food section at the grocery store.

Greek yogurt

Hard boiled eggs

Cold cereal with milk.
  • Flagirlof3
    Options
    2 eggs with mushrooms, garlic, spinach, onions and tomato
    1 slice of ww bread w/butter
    1/2grapefruit
    coffee w/ hazelnut cream. ( I need to do this sugar free)

on the weekend I do oatmeal in my crockpot over night, I add 1/4 of splenda brown sugar and cut up and apple and raisins. its so good!
  • rjcelmer
    rjcelmer Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    My list includes cereal with almond milk, fried/scrambled/hard boiled egg whites or egg white omelets, light toast (45 cal/slice) with jelly, turkey bacon (gogo Jenny-O!), sometimes a protein shake with fruit and powdered pb, refrigerator oats, yogurt, grapes, oranges, bananas.

Always following my almond milk, whey, and glutamine shake!
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    I do oatmeal every morning. All kinds to keep it from becoming boring.
  • SnicciFit
    SnicciFit Posts: 967 Member
    Options
    I boil a dozen eggs on Sunday night and take two with me to work every morning. Also, you can bake eggs & veggies (and meat if you want) into muffin cups and make "egg muffins". Basically portable omelettes. Or there's always leftovers from dinner the night before (who said breakfast had to be traditional breakfast food?).
  • SnicciFit
    SnicciFit Posts: 967 Member
    Options
    I boil a dozen eggs on Sunday night and take two with me to work every morning. Also, you can bake eggs & veggies (and meat if you want) into muffin cups and make "egg muffins". Basically portable omelettes. Or there's always leftovers from dinner the night before (who said breakfast had to be traditional breakfast food?).

Oh yeah, and usually half an avocado and some coffee with coconut milk (fat!)
  • Tatiyanya
    Tatiyanya Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    If i do my yoga just after I wake up I'll have a shake , cos its aint much hassle:
    cup of milk or greek yoghurt, low fat
    scope of whey protein powder
    1 spoon of homemade peanut butter
    and some frozen fruit , or not, depends from what i fancy
    Blend, apply to face lovingly.

or my Banana Oatmeal Goo
    1/3 cup of oatmeal that i fry on dry pan
    1 banana sliced
    cup of cottage cheese
    scoop of prot powder.
    It's kinda crunchy actualy, love it.
    Even better with the peanut butter add.

I generaly stick protein powder in my breakfasts , if i can, cos its non aspargam sweetener for me and i meet my protein goals like that (or get closer atleast).

Wholegrain toast with scramble eggs or omlette with tomatoes happen too, but thats bordering on too much effort.

Also obligatory coffee. Always coffee.
  • janatarnhem
    janatarnhem Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Porridge - made with milk
    Granola
    Museli
    breakfast bars
    Toast
    Boiled egg and soldiers
    bacon sandwich
    sausage sandwich
    sometimes nothing!

One of the above!
  • iBreatheMusic88
    Options
    Since Im always ruuning late for work (lol) I have oatmeal packets and with rasins sitting at my desk... So a bowl of oatmeal with raisins, a peice of fruit or a greek yogurt... :-)

On Sundays I have like a regular breakfast because this is my self proclaimed free day. But I don't get too crazy... Once Im full Im full, So I pick well.
  • jordanalexis90
    jordanalexis90 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I made egg white muffins this week. Some peppers, onion, no salt seasoning and then eggs whites in a muffin tin. Then baked. I made them in the evening and store them in the fridge and pop a couple in the microwave each morning. Super delicious!!
  • tommygirl15
    tommygirl15 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    Try making a batch of high-fibre (whole wheat or bran) protein muffins and taking them to work each morning of the week. This is what I do most weeks and it saves me a lot of time in the morning.
  • BethyWill
    Options
    During the week, I grab a IdealShape shake with original almond milk...I'm a shake girl too! SO fast and easy after I workout and run out the door to work....and I have so much energy.

Weekends, could be: oatmeal, fried eggs, toast, cereal .... anything yummy.
  • Skrib69
    Skrib69 Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    During the week, it is usually porridge (rolled oats for you Americans!) with honey or apple juice. At the weekend, usually scrambled eggs on toast with or without a on or black pudding. I might mix it up with fruit and yoghurt on any day or just toast and Marmite. And now I am hungry!
  • bgardiner49
    bgardiner49 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    lightly sweetened oatmeal, greek yogurt, quest bars

i'm not a morning person either, but i do find that prepping my meals in advance always helps with that. i dice up onions and peppers and keep them in a container, and i buy the carton egg whites so all i have to do is throw the veggies in the pan and pour a little egg white in, and it's done in a matter of minutes. 1tbsp of salsa on top and it's a veggie & egg white scramble, essentially hassle free!

Sounds delicious
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    I go for a shake, an omelet or a sausage egg mcmuffin meal