Fat sick and nearly dead.

Options

Replies

• _SABOTEUR_
    _SABOTEUR_ Posts: 6,833 Member
    Options
    I think Juicing should only be used on rare occasions as a detox. You know.. After a week long vacation of crap food and alcohol. To me, a healthy diet is one that can be maintained for a lifetime. Juicing is not something that you can sustain yourself on. It is expensive and you can get the same nutrients from eating the fruit and veggie as a whole for a whole lot less money.

Why do fruits and vegetables cost less if you eat them whole?

I don't know, why do fruits and vegetables cost less if you eat them whole?

This is a joke set-up, right?
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,671 Member
    Options
    You will not get support here for that, trust me. But if people paid ANY attention to the video, the juicing is for detox and to cleanse your body of allll the **** that has been put in it for years. If you noticed, not only did weight drop, but energy levels went up, blood pressure went down, vitals to normal, etc. At the end of the fast, he did not continue fasting. He picked up with a very healthy diet.

It can be done. It will do wonders for your body.
    If the supporters of it paid attention to actual science, then they'd find out there's no scientific evidence that drinking juices "detoxes" or "cleanses" anything. That's why support isn't strong for it here.
    The dude dropped weight from calories deficit and being OVERWEIGHT is the number indicator for any health issue. It's not magic. I've had a lots and lots of clients who's health markers improved just from losing weight on calorie deficit. And science does prove that weight loss is a direct factor for them..............not the juice.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Man, this documentary really made me want to buy a juicer.

Oh look! He sells them! How convenient!

(Shhhh!

We're keeping any possible agenda of his a secret.

(Next you'll be blabbing that the real reason for his success was eliminating meat...

...and toxins. Don't forget the toxins...that have built up over so many years...from eating, uh, toxiny things...that are now gone because juice...eliminates toxins.))
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    BatmanCleanse_zpsddc6079b.jpg
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    If your organs a functioning there is no reason what-so-ever to "cleanse" anything or "detox"... If you truly need a cleanse I would suggest speaking to your doctor about dialysis, that's the only effective way. Other wise drink juice because you like it.

anigif_enhanced-buzz-11998-1365604473-7.gif?w=584
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    You will not get support here for that, trust me. But if people paid ANY attention to the video, the juicing is for detox and to cleanse your body of allll the **** that has been put in it for years. If you noticed, not only did weight drop, but energy levels went up, blood pressure went down, vitals to normal, etc. At the end of the fast, he did not continue fasting. He picked up with a very healthy diet.

Lol at detox and cleanse by juicing. Not even worth discussing.
  • sharonfoustmills
    sharonfoustmills Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    I just don't like the idea of having my solid foods blended to a drink. If I am eating vegetables, I want to eat them, I don't want to drink them. Occasionally I do like a cup of orange juice with breakfast- that is about the limit for my juicing tolerance I think. I do like to squeeze lemon and lime juice into my water. I don't want to be fed like someone who is nearly dead and can no longer eat, pureed and juiced food disgusts me.

Just my opinion, it's what I like/ don't like personally.
  • Lalasharni
    Lalasharni Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    You won't be proved wrong. Why juice? Just eat the damned food!!
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options

Why is your body so full of junk that only liquified fruits and veggies will cleanse it? Are your kidneys faulty? Why can't he just eat the food? I don't get it. Is it more 'cleansing' as a liquid?

My weight is dropping, my energy levels are up, my vitals are all optimal (doctor said 'optimal', i didn't just pull that out of my butt) and my blood pressure...well I have low blood pressure, so something that would lower it further seems like a bad idea, tbh. And I eat whatever I want, within my calories and macros. So why some extreme diet/juice cleanse to get the same results?

So many questions.
  • TitaniaEcks
    TitaniaEcks Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    I juiced a 24 oz New York Strip steak, a loaded baked potato, and two slices of Texas Toast before I ate them last night, and I did not gain a pound. It has to work.
    AHAHAHAHA

Seriously, how could anyone be so stupid as to think that eating things in liquid form would somehow magically make them lose weight? If anything, you burn more calories by chewing, lol.

I chew my food and I'm losing weight like a champ.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    man, yourself together
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    Am i a horrible person if i say he was skinny fat at the end of the detox?

joe-cross-for-blog.jpg
  • ijohn001
    ijohn001 Posts: 166
    Options
    Whatever you do, do not EVER juice cottage cheese...ever!

Don't ask me how I know.
  • manugilgalad
    manugilgalad Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Well....the movie made me think, and I took stock of what vegetables I have eaten in the last 2 weeks. I had a salad at my girlfriends last Saturday. Maybe a potato or two....That's it. Obviously I DON'T EAT VEGETABLES. Why did I need a movie to make me realize that?

So if I were to start juicing it would result in a 100% increase in my consumption of fruit and vegetables.

You'll never know what is real unless you find a way to be there when it is all going down. Assuming the timelines were portrayed somewhat accurately, the guy lost a lot of weight and kept it off. He used the same juicer in a conspicuous fashion so my alarm bells started to ring. But I bought one at the local hardware store and I have been drinking green shakes anyway. Eyes wide open. I am consciously drinking the koolaid.

At this point I have realized if I want a different result I need to have a different approach.
  • manugilgalad
    Options
    Am i a horrible person if i say he was skinny fat at the end of the detox?

joe-cross-for-blog.jpg

The pictures kind of indicate that he lost a lot of weight. I'm thinking there is no scenario where losing that kind of fat is contraindicated. Skinny fat or fat fat is irrelevant.
  • manugilgalad
    Options
    I am with you, and the poster above you.

I'm not sure why anyone would think there is some miraculous advantage to "juicing" the vegetables that you would otherwise eat anyway (presumably.)

*puzzled*

Weight loss really isn't that hard. Eat less. Move more. Voila!

Wish I'd learned my lessons when I was younger.

-BootJockey

Interesting. Had I know that all I had to do was have someone tell me to eat less and move more I could have saved myself years of frustration. It's so simple. Wish I had thought of it.
  • Rocbola
    Rocbola Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    Juicing is awesome. There are tons of people who have never tried it, and will try to talk you out of it, and listen to those who have actually tried it.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,671 Member
    Options

As a professional in the business for 30 years, I can tell you that ANYONE losing that much weight without juicing would have gotten basically the same results. And "detoxing" and "cleansing" by consuming food doesn't really exist. It's what the diet industries used for years to sell product.
    Is it inspirational? Sure. However one doesn't need to submit to just jucing alone to lose a significant amount of weight.

Here's a client of mine who diabetic and went from 370lbs to 260lbs with no special dieting. Just calorie reduction and exercise.

derek_zpsd11f611d.jpg

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Rocbola
    Rocbola Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    I can tell you that ANYONE losing that much weight without juicing would have gotten basically the same results. And "detoxing" and "cleansing" by consuming food doesn't really exist. It's what the diet industries used for years to sell product.
    Is it inspirational? Sure. However one doesn't need to submit to just jucing alone to lose a significant amount of weight.
    I agree with the first line and the last 2 lines. I just wanted to add that cleansing and detoxing are accelerated when you DON'T eat, and that's what all these cleanses capitalize on. A juice fast is a VLCD, and as with any VLCD, it is detoxifying, but not necessarily sustainable.
  • MrsHollingsworthThomas
    Options
    A number of people on this site have watched it and regularly comment on how inspired they are and how they plan to make changes to their lifestyle.

If one of them would like to come into this thread and post their success as a result of following the plan laid out I'd be very impressed.

Because from what I can tell, it's a biased documentary full of half-truths and propaganda made to sell expensive blenders.

But I am more than willing to be proven wrong.

can pizza be juiced?

Only if you want to go to hell.

:laugh:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!