30 Day Shred, Round 2 -- Starting 4/12/10

Options
Mande_G
Mande_G Posts: 599 Member
I originally started the 30 day Shred in December of last year (completing it in early January). Since then, I've been pushing my way through Power 90 -- but I lost my momentum the last couple of weeks. I needed to get back onto the exercise bandwagon, and the Shred seemed the perfect way to do that.

If anyone has recently started (or re-started!) the Shred, or would like to, I welcome you to join me. :smile:

Tonight I completed Level 1, Day 1.

I made it through all of the cardio, including the jumping jacks and jump rope which I could NOT do in December (too painful on the knees). I also discovered that after 2 weeks without strength training, my arms are wet noodles. But I'm going to fix that! I plan to be 100% accurate on ALL of the moves by day 10, and keep up with Anita on ALL moves.

I also plan to get at LEAST 12 cups of water per day, maintain a balanced diet (including reasonable calories) and eat back 1/2 of my exercise calories on most days (I don't fully trust my HRM, but I don't want to completely ignore the exercise cals, so I'm trying for a bit of cushion on either side).

:heart:

Replies

• springgrl
    springgrl Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I just got the DVD in the mail today. I am going to start it tomorrow. I also just got my HRM in the mail today. So I'll have two new toys to play with :smile:
  • janpei
    janpei Posts: 7
    Options
    I need to restart as well... so I am going to start tomorrow morning. I have been sick and still can't talk but I am going to try to exercise~!! I don't have a heart monitor... where did you guys get yours? did you buy it online?
  • spikess
    spikess Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    i've just finished it, but i've been planning on restarting it too, so count me in :)
  • vansolkema1996
    Options
    Count me in. I am starting this today!
  • Mande_G
    Options
    Friend requests incoming! Welcome aboard, ladies. :happy:

I will be checking this thread each day, and posting when I complete a workout. I'd like to have a weekly weigh-in day as well. I'm thinking either Wednesday, or Friday. Wednesday is my "personal" weigh in day, and is typically the weight I use for any other weigh-ins I have during the week. Let me know what your preferences are as far a weighing in!

Happy to have you gals here! :flowerforyou:
  • Mande_G
    Options
    I need to restart as well... so I am going to start tomorrow morning. I have been sick and still can't talk but I am going to try to exercise~!! I don't have a heart monitor... where did you guys get yours? did you buy it online?

I bought my Polar F7 from Amazon. It's less than $100.00, tracks heart rate AND calories, and comes with a soft chest strap for the transmitter (the F6 is a little cheaper, but doesn't have the soft strap. Also, it's my understanding that it's easier to replace the transmitter battery in the F7 than the F6 -- F6 you either have to send back to Polar and pay $50 for a replacement, or take it to a watch shop so they can "pressurize" it after replacing the battery to preserve the water resistance. The F7 you can apparently replace the battery yourself. Again -- that's my understanding based on customer reviews, I don't know personally, because I've not owned an F6.)

I had a cheaper HRM previously, I can't even recall the brand name right at the moment -- but it didn't track calories. I believe the Polar F6/F7 are the cheapest calorie tracking HRMs out there. They are one of the most highly recommended, from what I've read.
  • sspalding
    sspalding Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Count me in please! I just finished level 1, day1. I also started this at one time and quit! I WILL NOT QUIT THIS TIME! My goal is daily and stay on my good eating and water plan. Thanks Mande for starting the thread it helps me stay accountable! I will measure on Wednesday. I like Wednedsay weigh in days also but any day you want works for me.
  • Mande_G
    Options
    Count me in please! I just finished level 1, day1. I also started this at one time and quit! I WILL NOT QUIT THIS TIME! My goal is daily and stay on my good eating and water plan. Thanks Mande for starting the thread it helps me stay accountable! I will measure on Wednesday. I like Wednedsay weigh in days also but any day you want works for me.

Good to have you here. :smile: And way to go for getting Day 1 under your belt!! You can SO do this, hon!
  • barty
    barty Posts: 729
    Options
    Hi, I have finished the 30 day shred and re-started it........ this time trying to do everything like Natalie!!!! I am on L2 D4 at the moment (have not done todays yet) so I might be a bit too far ahead to join in:sad: I am still finding it a real challenge - not as easy as I thought it would be second time round!!! I am doing Zumba on about 3 days a week so don't shred on those days. Good Luck to you all.
  • sfgreger
    sfgreger Posts: 2
    Options
    I'll give it a try! I've been doing 30 day shred with my wife on and off for a little while. I like how only 20 minutes makes exercise seem much more do-able. Is that a word? Not that the 20 minutes with the shred is easy (at all).
  • spikess
    spikess Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I've done today, so that's level 1 day 1! i'm trying to stick to the harder versions of the exercises, but i still can't do press ups!!
  • Mande_G
    Options
    Hi, I have finished the 30 day shred and re-started it........ this time trying to do everything like Natalie!!!! I am on L2 D4 at the moment (have not done todays yet) so I might be a bit too far ahead to join in:sad: I am still finding it a real challenge - not as easy as I thought it would be second time round!!! I am doing Zumba on about 3 days a week so don't shred on those days. Good Luck to you all.

You are absolutely welcome to join in! Sounds like you're doing pretty great so far!

I think in my initial post I said I was sticking with Anita... but I mean Natalie (I think??). Whichever gal does the more advance moves. :laugh: I don't know WHY I can't keep them straight in my head.
  • Mande_G
    Options
    I'll give it a try! I've been doing 30 day shred with my wife on and off for a little while. I like how only 20 minutes makes exercise seem much more do-able. Is that a word? Not that the 20 minutes with the shred is easy (at all).

Welcome!

That's awesome that you're exercising with your wife! I wish I could get my hubby to exercise with me, but the one time he tried he pushed too hard and ended up puking. That ended the workout REALLY quick!

About how far are you into the 30 days?
  • Mande_G
    Options
    I've done today, so that's level 1 day 1! i'm trying to stick to the harder versions of the exercises, but i still can't do press ups!!

Awesome job!

What kills me are the circuit 3 side lunges with the arm raise... my arms do NOT want to raise on that exercise, and my hips don't want to swing out they way they are supposed to! With practice, it's gonna get better though!
  • saniemi
    saniemi Posts: 2
    Options
    I just started today also. I did it for a week a couple months back (and lost 3 ilbs during that week), but I'm determined to stick with it to tone up for summer! I tried on my swimming suit yesterday and it made me want to cry. Can you say motivation?
  • Mande_G
    Options
    I just started today also. I did it for a week a couple months back (and lost 3 ilbs during that week), but I'm determined to stick with it to tone up for summer! I tried on my swimming suit yesterday and it made me want to cry. Can you say motivation?

Welcome! :flowerforyou:

I know what you mean. I don't even OWN a bathing suit anymore because... it's just not pretty. But we'll get there -- with a lot of sweat and determination! :smile:
  • barty
    barty Posts: 729
    Options
    Hi All, Well I just got round to doing L2 D5, it was tough as usual but I live in hope that one day it will feel easier !!!!!
  • maz81
    maz81 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    i love this dvd
    i did level 1 for 1 full week
    then i started level 2 did that for 1 full week
    and since yesterday ive been doing level 2 first thing in the morning and level 1 in the evening
    so 2 workouts a day YIPPPEEE im soo pleased with the progress ive made started off as a heap on the floor but really love working out to this
    count me in!!!

921545.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • springgrl
    springgrl Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Ok. Level 1 Day 1: the HRM says I burned 285 cals. Interestingly it said I burned ~400 walking the mutt.

Not loving the side lunges and shoulder raises at the end of the workout like that. Hopefully that means I am 'feeling the burn' :)

Can't wait to try again tomorrow.
  • mommamills
    mommamills Posts: 437
    Options
    I'm in! As soon as I get my lil man outta the tub, I'm popping it in!!!