30 Day Shred, Round 2 -- Starting 4/12/10

Options

Replies

• spikess
    spikess Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    i wasn't able to do it yesterday, too hungover...

but i've done it twice today! just level one. oh, an my weight on wed was 191lbs. not stood on the scales to see the damage i've done lol.
  • MsRitz
    MsRitz Posts: 15
    Options
    Did level 1, day 8 last night. I’m realizing that I spent years developing arm muscles necessary for drinking wine, which apparently differ greatly from those needed to do a push-up. Maybe I should try switching to margarita’s this weekend. :happy:
  • springgrl
    springgrl Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Did level 1, day 8 last night. I’m realizing that I spent years developing arm muscles necessary for drinking wine, which apparently differ greatly from those needed to do a push-up. Maybe I should try switching to margarita’s this weekend. :happy:

LOL

Level 1 Day 4
    Calories: 254

I think I need some sleep.

Great job everybody! Have a nice weekend!
  • barty
    barty Posts: 729
    Options
    Hello shredders, L2 D7 over Yippeeeee, hope you all have a good weekend :bigsmile:
  • Mande_G
    Mande_G Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Again, forgot to post yesterday after my workout -- got in Level 1, day 5! About to get day 6 under my belt in a few minutes. :smile:

I'm already thinking ahead to what I want to do following this round of the Shred. I'm strongly considering doing the 30 day Slimdown, which alternates the Shred and two other Jillian DVDs (No More Trouble Zones, and Blast Fat Boost Metabolism). I haven't tried either of the other workouts, but I may pick them up while I'm out running errands today. Any thoughts, guys?

Happy Saturday! :flowerforyou:
  • Mande_G
    Options
    Completed Level 1, day 6!

Those anterior raises/side lunges are slowly getting more manageable. Still not my favorite move, but I'm plugging away.

Ordered Blast Fat Boost Metabolism, No More Trouble Zones, and Yoga meltdown from Amazon. They should arrive on Wednesday (I forgot to look for them while shopping today.)
  • sspalding
    sspalding Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    ok I have to bow out, With my crazy work schedule I can not commit to a straight 30 day schedule. I am going to continue to do the video when I can. Good Luck !
  • ambie1098
    ambie1098 Posts: 16
    Options
    Hey ladies! Count me in! I tried the shred a couple months ago, but had to stop due to a hurt knee, but i'm not letting that stop me! I bought 2 knee braces to prevent that....LOL

Planning on reacquainting myself with ms. Jillian tonight and then starting for sure tomorrow morning

can't wait!
  • Mande_G
    Options
    ok I have to bow out, With my crazy work schedule I can not commit to a straight 30 day schedule. I am going to continue to do the video when I can. Good Luck !

Even if you can't do the 30 days straight through (totally understandable when work gets in the way) I'd still love for you to participate in the thread when you can! If you want to. :flowerforyou:

Keep us updated on your progress!
  • Mande_G
    Options
    Hey ladies! Count me in! I tried the shred a couple months ago, but had to stop due to a hurt knee, but i'm not letting that stop me! I bought 2 knee braces to prevent that....LOL

Planning on reacquainting myself with ms. Jillian tonight and then starting for sure tomorrow morning

can't wait!

Welcome! :flowerforyou:

I'm sorry to hear about your knee injury! When I did my first round of the Shred (Dec. 09) I found that the jumping jacks and jump rope bothered my knees QUITE a bit. I substituted jogging in place, butt kicks, and a sort of "modified" jumping jack (taping one foot out at a time, left-right-left etc., but still doing the arm movements) instead.
  • Mande_G
    Options
    I took a rest day today, instead of doing level 1, day 7. I had planned on working out, but I got caught up in housework (bought a new vacuum yesterday -- carpets were filthy, but it was kinda fun. :wink: ) I think I may take a rest day each week, just to give my muscles a chance to recover some and to make sure I don't burn out.
  • ambie1098
    Options
    I think a rest day is a terrific idea, especially if you do other stuff like housecleaning and such... my morning did not start off well today so I plan to do my shred after work tonight, I may switch off days too, I have the Jillian Michaels crossbar from QVC and I plan on incorporating that also.
    :bigsmile:
  • Mande_G
    Options
    Level 1, day 7 DONE!

And then I went to the dentist to get my permanent crown put on. REALLY glad I got my workout done early today. I think I'm going to curl up on the couch and watch a movie while the Novocaine wears off.
  • springgrl
    Options
    Level 1 Day 5
    Cals: 244

Back on the Jillian workouts after hiking this weekend. I was a little sore from hiking but otherwise all went well.
  • MsRitz
    MsRitz Posts: 15
    Options
    Missed my workout on Saturday. I planned to workout in the afternoon but I got tied up running errands and then my husband wanted to do a date night. Is it wrong that I was actually annoyed to be missing my workout for dinner with my husband??? I did over indulge at dinner and re-gained some weight. So frustrating that it takes several days to lose 1 lb, but just one mistake to put it back on.

Started level 2 on Sunday, all I could think was "oh joy, what new horror is this?!" Did level 2, day 2 last night and I am incredibly sore today. I haven't lost any inches but I do think my arms are starting to look better. I was a little disheartened this morning by how much work I've been doing for so little results. I'm just trying to remind myself that it's only been 2 weeks and I am losing weight.
  • barty
    barty Posts: 729
    Options
    Hi everyone, I have not been very well since Saturday :sad: so today was my first day back and I completed L2 D8 (but this was not one of my best workouts) so glad its over, lol
  • springgrl
    Options
    Level 1 Day 6
    Cals: 250

I almost skipped today b/c I had a real crappy day @ work and I didn't feel like I had any energy. In the end, I decided that wasn't a good enough excuse and worked out anyway. I am really glad I did. I actually feel a lot better. Also during the punches I had some good mental targets lol.
  • Mande_G
    Options
    Weigh-in!

Start weight: 175.8
    04/21: 174.2 (-1.6)
    04/28:
    05/05:
    05/12:

I did not do the Shred yesterday -- was still feeling crappy after my Monday dental work, and was on pain meds which made me loopy and sick to my stomach. Doing MUCH better today, and expect to get right back on track after work.
  • Mande_G
    Options
    Level 1, day 8 done!

For some reason I had difficulty catching my breath during the workout today -- especially during the circuit 1 cardio (jumping jacks and jump rope) -- but I made it through, no worse for wear. :smile:

How did Wednesday go for everyone else?
  • ambie1098
    Options
    After this terrible work week, I am starting my shred on Sunday, I have a problem with my foot, and I've been working 10+ hours everyday(I seriously think I log about 10 miles everyday at work alone, LOL)
    And by the time I get home I can barely put pressure on my foot, I have to soak it every night, but I will not let that stop me, I figured Sunday will be good, cause I will have a whole day of not Having "work foot" PLUS I know once I start, my body will tell me I can do it!

Glad to see everyone else is doing well!
    Keep up the good work!