30 Day Shred, Round 2 -- Starting 4/12/10

Options

Replies

• barty
    barty Posts: 729
    Options
    Hi Shredders, Well I managed one day last week and it nearly killed me as I have not been very well :sad: but finally i'm back and nearly 100% :laugh: so today i have completed day 19/30 YAYYYY (and it still nearly killed me:bigsmile: )
  • Mande_G
    Mande_G Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Hi Shredders, Well I managed one day last week and it nearly killed me as I have not been very well :sad: but finally i'm back and nearly 100% :laugh: so today i have completed day 19/30 YAYYYY (and it still nearly killed me:bigsmile: )

Glad you're feeling better, barty! :smile:
  • MsRitz
    MsRitz Posts: 15
    Options
    Just wanted to report that level 3 is evil. Like evil, evil. :devil:

I was actually yelling at my TV last night. I've also found a whole new range of muscle groups that I've never used before. Sumo squats and rockstar jumps are my new nemesis.

So what happens when we finish the shred? Does everyone plan to just keep repeating the workouts or move onto something else? I know I'm not ready for something like P90X, has anyone tried the other workouts by Jillian?
  • Mande_G
    Options
    Just wanted to report that level 3 is evil. Like evil, evil. :devil:

I was actually yelling at my TV last night. I've also found a whole new range of muscle groups that I've never used before. Sumo squats and rockstar jumps are my new nemesis.

So what happens when we finish the shred? Does everyone plan to just keep repeating the workouts or move onto something else? I know I'm not ready for something like P90X, has anyone tried the other workouts by Jillian?

I want to do Jillian's 30 day slim down -- it combines workout from the Shred, No More Trouble Zones (which I own but have not tried yet), and Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism (which I HAVE tried, and is a wonderful, KILLER cardio workout).

I own, and have done almost a full round of P90 (classic, not X) and liked it, and will probably do it again -- but not for a couple months. It's my understanding that the classic version is a LOT easier than P90X. I'd love to try P90X, but not until I'm more fit. I'd also LOVE to try Insanity... but again, NOT now. :laugh:
  • springgrl
    springgrl Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Level 1 10/30 - Done
    Cals: 230

My right shoulder was bugging me a bit on the end raises but otherwise ok. Level 2 coming soon, probably tomorrow.
  • barty
    Options
    Hi Shredders and thanks Mande, Today I managed 20/30 so back on to level 3 tomorrow, I can't remember how bad that is but sure it will all come flooding back soon enough lol
  • barty
    Options
    Hi Shredders, 21/30 done and it was not as bad as it could have been!!! but maybe I will feel it more tomorrow!!! I think I like this level best :laugh:
  • Mande_G
    Options
    Happy May Day, Shredders!

I did not get in my workout yesterday -- it was my last day at my job (managing my mother-in-law's law office -- I decided to quit so I can stay at home and help the hubby study for the bar exam this summer, and so I can start writing my first book :bigsmile: ) and I got home too late to shred (we have downstairs neighbors -- can't make too much noise too late in the evening... or too early in the morning :laugh:). Haven't got my shred in yet today -- but I will!

Hope everyone is having a beautiful Saturday! :flowerforyou:
  • Mande_G
    Options
    Level 2, day 15/30 DONE!

I'm 1/2 way there!
  • Mande_G
    Options
    Level 2, day 16/30 DONE!

Going to try cajoling the hubby into taking a walk around the apartment complex with me tonight. Weather is beautiful and I'd better enjoy it while it lasts. :wink:
  • barty
    Options
    Hi, Another day done!!!! Level 3 day 22....... still liking this level the best.......only 8 more days to go Yayyy
  • Mande_G
    Options
    Level 2, day 17/30 DONE!

Three more days, then I'm on to level 3!

Now, to shower, and start cleaning my apartment.

Happy Monday, all! :happy:
  • barty
    Options
    Another day done Level 3 Day 23 over :laugh: yayyyy.......only 7 days to go
  • springgrl
    springgrl Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Level 2 11/30
    Cals: 300

My heart rate definitely went up with the new level. Again with the shoulder raises/squats at the end tho! Other than that, I liked this level better than level 1 for some reason.
  • MsRitz
    Options
    My heart rate definitely went up with the new level. Again with the shoulder raises/squats at the end tho! Other than that, I liked this level better than level 1 for some reason.

I liked level 2 because there was less jumping than level 1. That jumping jack/jump rope cardio section always made my calves cramp up. Level 3 brings back the jumping exercises, but they don't bother me as much as that one section.

Tomorrow is my last day of the shred (never thought I'd get here!). I'm definitely stronger and have more energy for the cardio sections. I haven't decided if I want to or pick up another workout or repeat the shred (would love to see if I can do the advanced moves this time around). I am surprised to find myself looking forward to the workouts. Probably because it's the only 20 minutes a day I get to myself. :laugh:

- Progress Update -
    lost 1 lb from last week. no changes in measurements.
  • Mande_G
    Options
    Weigh-in!

Start weight: 175.8
    04/21: 174.2 (-1.6)
    04/28: 173.6 (-0.6)
    05/05: 173.6 (-0.0)
    05/12:

I forgot to weigh-in last week, apparently! Weight has stayed the same since last week (actually, it fluctuated UP about 2 lbs, but is finally coming back down. I don't know if it's diet or hormone related -- either way, yuck!)

I did not shred yesterday, and I probably will not get it in today, either. Been spring cleaning like mad, trying to get the apartment ready for company this weekend. Also, the last 2 nights I've had really persistent palpitations (I've been getting them on and off for about 4-5 years now. They were originally triggered by anxiety and caffeine -- now, I don't know WHAT is causing them). I've had an EKG, and a holter monitor -- nothing critical has shown up on any tests, so I'm operating under the belief that the palpitations are benign -- but when they last for over an hour, they get pretty exhausting. I'm almost certain it's the stress and activity this week that's bringing them on.

At any rate, with all of the activity I'm ALREADY doing in regards to house work, I don't want to stress my heart even more by adding an intense workout like the shred. Today -should- be my last day of cleaning. Tomorrow I will be shopping for a dress and getting myself prettied up for the weekend, and finishing whatever last little things need doing -- dishes, etc. -- so I -should- (fingers crossed) be able to get in my workout without a problem. If not -- I'll start fresh next week.

I hope everyone is having a good week!
  • barty
    Options
    Level 3 Day 24 done!!! 6 more days YAYYYY
  • MsRitz
    Options
    I finished the 30 days last week and decided to repeat it again this month. We have a very busy schedule in May and I think if I try to start a longer workout, I'll end up skipping it too many nights. 20 minutes seems to be my magic number. This time around I plan to do a different level each night. I've already missed Sunday's workout due to a hangover (apparantly I'm not 21 anymore).

After 30 days I have officially lost 6 lbs. And today I was able to wear a pair of work pants that have been taunting me for over a year. :tongue:

It wasn't the drastic weight loss I had dreamed about, but the number on the scale is finally going down. :drinker:
  • barty
    Options
    Level 3 Day 25 Round 2 Done :laugh: only 5 more days to go!!!!
  • MoMmErSoF3
    MoMmErSoF3 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Today is my day 2!