30 Day Shred, Round 2 -- Starting 4/12/10

Options

Replies

• trin03
    trin03 Posts: 12
    Options
    I've done today, so that's level 1 day 1! i'm trying to stick to the harder versions of the exercises, but i still can't do press ups!!

Awesome job!

What kills me are the circuit 3 side lunges with the arm raise... my arms do NOT want to raise on that exercise, and my hips don't want to swing out they way they are supposed to! With practice, it's gonna get better though!

ME too!!! I just started today! (btw how do you guys input this into the exercise log??)
  • Mande_G
    Mande_G Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    I've done today, so that's level 1 day 1! i'm trying to stick to the harder versions of the exercises, but i still can't do press ups!!

Awesome job!

What kills me are the circuit 3 side lunges with the arm raise... my arms do NOT want to raise on that exercise, and my hips don't want to swing out they way they are supposed to! With practice, it's gonna get better though!

ME too!!! I just started today! (btw how do you guys input this into the exercise log??)

I log it as circuit training. That's what most people seem to recommend. :smile:

And welcome! :flowerforyou:
  • Mande_G
    Options
    Level 1, day 2 is done!

Those anterior raises AREN'T getting any easier. :laugh: I tried with 5lb weights -- then my 3 lbs -- and wound up giving in and doing the last set with NO weights. Whatever muscles those work... I don't seem to have them! :laugh:
  • spikess
    spikess Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    i hate those raises. my arms keep wanting to go to the side too! day 2 done tho!
  • shaneharley
    shaneharley Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    i gave this a try on monday, those raises - WEW! i did them with 5kg weights after never really having done any weights and needless to say my arms have been KILLING ME the last couple of days. i can't even stretch my arms right out without immense amounts of pain. going to get back on the 30 Day Shred once the pain is gone, but try some lighter weights haha.
  • sspalding
    sspalding Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    level 1 day 2 under my belt, double shift on Thursday have my doubts but I will try!
  • Mande_G
    Options
    For those who would like a weekly weigh-in, I think we'll do Wednesdays. This week will be our start weight for the program, and in 4 weeks we'll see how everyone has progressed!

Start weight: 175.8
    04/21:
    04/28:
    05/05:
    05/12:

I'm aiming for 1 lb per week, anything on top is gravy.
  • MsRitz
    MsRitz Posts: 15
    Options
    I'm so happy to find others struggling through the 30 day shred! Tuesday was Level 1, day 6 for me. I still can't do push-ups to save my life but the other strength exercises are getting easier. At first I had to alternate arms during the anterior raises, but now I can almost keep up.

I am having major problems with the first cardio circuit though, my calves cramp up during the jump rope exercise. Every single time. I've been trying to stretch my calves throughout the day and do some serious stretching before/after the DVD but that combination of jumping jacks/jump rope just floors me. I know I'm out of shape, but is anyone else getting muscle cramps during that segment? I might "cheat" tonight and do butt kicks instead of the jump rope.
  • maz81
    maz81 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    hiya all!
    just done my second round of the 30 day shred level 1 [i do the level 2 in the morning and 1 in the evening]
    still cant do the push ups i dont think i will ever be able to do them have to do them on my knees but still dont think im doing them right but atleast im trying and thats what counts right!
    GOOD LUCK TO U ALL!

921545.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • springgrl
    springgrl Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Day 2: 259 cals

I am seriously crunched for time today so I tried shoving this in right after the dog walk. This made the first circuit really tough but after I got into it was ok. I had to drop the weights for the second set of those side lunges/anterior raises b/c of a cramp. Hopefully, this will be easier in a couple of days.
  • sspalding
    Options
    My start wight is 199.6 , I am aiming for 1.5 pounds per week. I have a goal of 190 for May 19th. I am not using weights for my level one yet. i do the girl push up and I hardly get off the ground on the jump rope. Cardio is not my thing and I am going cautiously at this. I hope in 2 weeks to add weights.
  • barty
    barty Posts: 729
    Options
    HI Shredders !!!, Just done D6 L2 and feel great...... now its over!!! I'm sure exercise and me do not go naturally together:laugh:

Starting weight (and heaviest weight) with MFP...164.5
    Todays weight 4/14/10...............................................141.5
    Final goal weight.........................................................126

Good Luck and keep on Shredding
  • unknownndoll
    unknownndoll Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I just started day 1 level 1 today!! i also bought the metabolism and the trouble zones dvd's that are 50 min total too.

Very Excited!!
  • unknownndoll
    unknownndoll Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Also-

can you guys tell me how many calories your HRM's are saying you burned.... i bought a HRM but want to make sure its working properly!

TIA!!
  • Mande_G
    Options
    Level 1, day 3 is DONE!

My quads, shoulders, and upper arms are feelin' the burn! :laugh:
  • springgrl
    springgrl Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Level 1 Day 3
    Cals: 273

The first circuit was tough but after that it didn't seem as bad as the first two days. Particularly the side lunges and bicycles at the end were easier and the late cardio section didn't seem hard.
  • saniemi
    saniemi Posts: 2
    Options
    L1 D2 done...my quads are still on fire! I'm going from doing no exercise ever to trying to shred in the morning and walk or run when I get done with work at 7-ish, so I'm interested to see how this goes. Guess we'll see in a week. Looking forward to weekly weigh ins
  • sspalding
    Options
    I missed Thursday to much work! I will get it done today after work, only and 8 hour day not 16! Thank Goodness!
  • Mande_G
    Options
    Forgot to post yesterday (had to run up to the in-laws in the evening), but...

Level 1, day 4 DONE (yesterday).
  • Mande_G
    Options
    L1 D2 done...my quads are still on fire! I'm going from doing no exercise ever to trying to shred in the morning and walk or run when I get done with work at 7-ish, so I'm interested to see how this goes. Guess we'll see in a week. Looking forward to weekly weigh ins

It gets easier. The first time I did the Shred (back in December) I struggled pretty hard for the first 4 days. The body adapts, though; it gets stronger, stamina increases.

Good luck! :flowerforyou: