Anybody ELSE *hate* their neighbours?

Options

Replies

• JessikaBlayne
    JessikaBlayne Posts: 1,457
    Options
    our neighborhood is going to crap, we believe we have a cult living across the street, and we have an appartment complex right next to us. a couple of the appartments are full of teens who love to party and theres this one neighbor there in particular who wants to kill my dogs, hes a drunk and an abusive person. the other day he came over wasted and he proceded to tell my brother he had fallen off his balcony .. he then starts to pull down his shorts revealing his butt to my underage brother to show him a bruise. He then asks if he has any pot to help with the pain.. oh and some nights we will hear him screaming gibberish over and over. And on other nights him and my mom will start screaming at eachother. the cops know us well by now for how many times weve called them over. At least we have an old couple on the other side of us whove been their forever
  • matt2442
    matt2442 Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    I absolutely HATE my neighbors. The people behind me are pieces of garbage. In fact the guy literally just dumps the heaps of trash out of his car into the back parking lot when there are trash barrels right next to him! Not to mention he is such a lazy pig he refuses to bring his garbage barrel to the curb. We let it sit there for weeks once until it attracted flies and started to stink. Still he would not move it, now my boyfriend has to do it. He yelled at me for parking in “his” spot when we first moved in, knowing full well I had no idea it was “his” since it is not assigned to his apartment (none of them are assigned). My landlord lives across the hall, you’d think that would be good HAH! He is another deadbeat. He doesn’t work and sells pharmaceuticals out of his house. We have 4 apartments total with just enough room in the back parking lot for the people that live there and pay rent. Yet he lets his friends and customers come over and take up numerous parking spots, or they block us in, or they (the best I’ve seen so far) park across 3 spots so NO ONE can park there. Sometimes they block the entire driveway so no one can get in and out of the parking lot.

So he deals drugs and has a car big enough to take up three parking spots? Id be scared
  • olDave
    olDave Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    If you hate your neighbors...or anyone or anything else...it's your choice. YOU are the only one who can change that.

Peace.
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    Options
    It takes too much energy to hate my neighbors, energy I could put into my own life. I've carved out a pleasant niche, even with the more difficult ones. Anyway, even on a bad day, I get a little power trip from being polite to someone who is never nice.
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Surely I CANNOT be the only one? Share your stories
    "thou shalt love thy neighbour" ... I'm exempt because I cannot stand these people

They're so ignorant... no class or considerationg for anyone else.

Nope, I look for the good in people and I guess I have good neighbors and generally meet nice people. :smile:
  • sizzle74
    sizzle74 Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    Only when I lived in the ghetto.
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    In my old house the police were regular visitors to my neighbor and one time they made a mistake and came in to our yard asking where she was. They quickly realized their mistake.
  • twinketta
    twinketta Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    Our neighbours cost us £6000 to re route the water supply, long story, we will never make up the costs, but it avoids the bullying and harassment so would rather ignore them and hope they enjoy paying more for their water :laugh:
  • brianyeager
    Options
    I have had neighbors like that. Made me struggle. Thus, I wrote the following to help myself and others:

When Neighbors Attack
    By: Brian A. Yeager

Imagine yourself standing outside your home. For the tenth time in three days you witness your neighbor’s child hitting your vehicle with his ball. You’ve talked with the “man of the house” who promised to cause the problem to cease, but nothing has been done. Now, having it happen again and again, you choose to approach your neighbor again. Your neighbor and his wife respond to your gentle request with foul language and threats of physical violence. What do you do?

Before I get into the biblical answer to this question, let’s be clear about a couple of things. First off, threats of violence should always be taken seriously and we should avoid harm to ourselves when possible (Matthew 10:23, Acts 8:1-4, Acts 9:24-25, Acts 13:50-51, Acts 14:5-7, and Acts 17:5-10). We are to be aware of harm that may come to us. Secondly, when unavoidable, unprovoked violence comes our way, we must defend ourselves. We have to examine whether or not God authorizes self-defense. The word of God does give us the right of self-defense (Exodus 22:2-3, Luke 11:21, and Luke 22:36). Secondly, we have to obey civil laws that do not conflict with God’s laws (I Peter 2:13-16 and Acts 5:29). The state of Texas gives us the right of self-defense (http://www.statutes.legis.state.tx.us/docs/PE/htm/PE.9.htm). Thus, when it is impossible to flee or avoid physical conflict, we may defend ourselves. *(Read the law for details).

Having made it clear that Christians are not doormats to be walked all over. We have to consider what we are to do when we are attacked, but physical harm is not going to take place. Should we shout back? Should we get into arguments wherein we trade insults? Should we “man up” and knock out the punks who “deserve” to be punished? Let’s see what the Bible says.
    Should We Get Into Verbal Arguments In Carnal Matters?
    We all should know that we are to defend the truth (I Timothy 6:12 and Jude 3-4). One exception to fighting for the faith is when the questions are foolish and intending to cause carnal strife (II Timothy 2:23 and Titus 3:9-10). Additionally, when people ignore the truth we are commanded to cease those discussions (Matthew 7:6 and Matthew 10:14). The rules for carnal arguments are much more simple. We shouldn’t be involved in such arguments at all (II Corinthians 10:3-4).

What happens when they insult us over and over again? Brethren, we are expected to give answers to people without trying to provoke them (Proverbs 15:1-2). Among other things we should not do, we should not engage in “jesting” (Ephesians 5:1-5). Jesting is witticism (i.e. smart comebacks). Notice these Scriptures: “Devise not evil against thy neighbour, seeing he dwelleth securely by thee… A violent man enticeth his neighbour, and leadeth him into the way that is not good” (Proverbs 3:29 and Proverbs 16:29).

We all know the carnal side of us burns when we’re insulted. It is easy to forget that we are supposed to be past that carnal man (Romans 6:3-16). We must remember that we are strong in the sight of God when we avoid temptation (Matthew 26:41 and I Peter 3:9-12). The man or woman inside of us belongs to God. We gave up “proving who we are” when we decided to live Christ (Matthew 16:24, Luke 9:23, I Corinthians 6:20, Galatians 2:20, and Colossians 3:1-4). This includes the physical action we might want to take to prove we are men and women of strength in this world.

Should We Allow Ourselves To Be Provoked Into Physical Fighting?

Okay, your neighbor now deserves a “beat down”. By whose definition is that true? God says we are supposed to take insults and turn the other cheek (Matthew 5:39). Furthermore, it is the peacemakers who are the children of God (Matthew 5:9). The word of God tells us that if it is possible, we are to live peaceably with all men (Romans 12:18). That does infer that there may be times wherein peace is not possible. That does not mean we cease to pursue peace. We should always pursue peace with all men (Hebrews 12:14). Yet, it still remains that there are those who refuse to be at peace. They will provoke us. They will call us things (Matthew 5:10-12). They may allow their dog to fertilize our lawn. Should we seek revenge?

Should We Allow Ourselves To Be Provoked Enough To Seek Revenge?

Notice the following Scriptures that answer this question: “Say not, I will do so to him as he hath done to me: I will render to the man according to his work… Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy. But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you; That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust. For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? do not even the publicans the same… Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord. Therefore if thine enemy hunger, feed him; if he thirst, give him drink: for in so doing thou shalt heap coals of fire on his head. Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good” (Proverbs 24:29, Matthew 5:43-46, and Romans 12:19-21).

If you will take this article as a lesson about how we treat our neighbors who attack us, you must consider that we are to love our neighbors (Leviticus 19:18, Zechariah 8:17, Matthew 19:19, Mark 12:31, Galatians 5:14, and James 2:8). In fact, we are supposed to work no ill towards our neighbors (Romans 13:9-10). Therefore brethren, we should not seek to be vengeful when our neighbors mistreat us.

Conclusion

When our neighbors (or anyone else) attack us, in a way that does not require self-defense, we should not attack back (Psalms 34:13-14 and I Peter 2:20-23). We are faithful people living in a world of sin (Galatians 1:4 and I John 5:19). We know that people will carnally hate us because we are lights (Philippians 2:15-16) shining in a dark world (Luke 6:22, John 3:19-21, John 15:18-21, and I John 3:11-13). In considering these things, we should all realize that we are to avoid those people who would seek to get us into confrontations (Proverbs 4:14-16 and I Thessalonians 5:22).

http://www.wordsoftruth.net/wotvol11/wotbulletin03272011.html
  • usernameMAMA
    usernameMAMA Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    I had neighbors who stopped me one day to tell me that they were down in the basement and thought my water heater was set too high so they went ahead and lowered it for me. We lived in an older house and the man was a DJ and a raging alcoholic so every single night I would get woke up by after bars they would have. When they first moved in I gave them a chance and sat around a bonfire with them...all they did was talk about how terrible the neighborhood was and what trashy people lived on our street. The guy then told me that Pit Bulls are ugly dogs even though I told him I thought they were pretty and then told me how he and his friends partied at Charles Manson's mansion...I told him that Manson never lived in a fricken' mansion it was a ratty old ranch...he disagreed. Oh, and did i mention he grew up with Ashton Kutcher and they were really good friends? Yeah he told me how Demi Moore and Ashton were together for publicity. It was a great day when they moved out.
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    There's some men, I use the term 'men' very loosely. They sell cars and have them parked all over the street and are always arguing with people about parking their cars.

An elderly female neighbour asked them to move their car from across her drive, they actually shoved her and called her some pretty disgusting names. This poor woman has asked us to park one of our cars in her drive to deter these people from parking there.

They also shout, fight and argue with people that come back to complain about the crap cars they've been sold.

They even have fights between themselves.

Only one neighbour in the street talks to these 'men'. No one else can stand them.
  • winterswish
    winterswish Posts: 162
    Options
    On one side...amazing folks. On the other...living nightmare. And we all own our homes so no one is leaving anytime soon.

Two dogs that bark for hours on end and the people are home but don't seem to care.

Two kids of their own + a large trampoline (which sits next to the fence, which is about 10 feet from my bedroom window) + all the neighborhood children who love their trampoline = utter chaos in the summer. Why is the new "ok" thing for kids to scream at the top of their lungs while playing? Maybe it's because they're just not doing it inside their house that makes it ok. :explode:

And the latest addition: a stereo system worthy of hosting U2's next tour.

When I talked to them about the noise level, she told me "just call the police".

Which I'd be happy to do if they didn't have better things to focus on than rude neighbors.
  • AuddAlise
    AuddAlise Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    The neighbor that lived 1 door down and across the street was a "peach". As I was driving by she ran into the road in front of my car. Then when I slammed on the brakes (I didn't hit her) she screamed at me for driving in front of her house. Told me that I was not allowed to drive in front of her house anymore. LOL

She died and I took my little box out in the street danced on it for a sec took a bow and went inside. All is well on our street now.
  • psych0kitty
    psych0kitty Posts: 313
    Options
    We live in a side-by-side duplex. Our former neighbors were so quiet that we thought the building was really sound. When our new neighbors moved in, we found out the truth.

They fight. A lot. At least once a week, they scream at each other. She sounds like a demon; it's pretty scary. We've been close to calling the cops. The worst part is they have a 3-year-old.

She vacuums like 6 times a week. And I've smelled funny smells in the basement. I think she may be smoking meth or crack.

Sometimes we hear random loud bangs. Thank goodness it's a side-by-side and our bedroom is on the outside. We can still hear the loud bangs every now and then with a bathroom and hallway in between, and an air purifier and fan going!

The thing is, a few years ago I lived on the middle floor of a three-story building and the girls below me used to have these all-night parties. So this actually isn't too bad because at least I can sleep. But these people arguing all the time has made my husband and me bicker more, which is bad.
  • KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    I have no complaints now, but in the past at a different address I had a neighbor who was constantly calling the police to report violations like 1) we were stealing rocks off the river bank and putting them in our yard (oh no!), 2) our kids were "burning down trees" (they made a bonfire correctly; the fire department came out and checked), 3) the boys were throwing a football in the cul-de-sac and drinking (Mountain Dew) ... etc, etc, etc. The police agreed with us that our neighbor was clearly a pain, but they still had to come and check out his complaints.
  • lorenzoinlr
    lorenzoinlr Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I have awesome neighbors around me. Most of them are the kind of people who would give you the shirt off their back without your asking. I appreciate them even more after the experience I had with a next door neighbor who recently moved.

My previous neighbors had a son who dealt drugs, smoked pot, cigarettes and drank all day next to a common wall between our houses. Since he was troubled I tried to get to know him and be a positive influence. He paid back my attempts by breaking and entering my house several times, stealing alcohol and cans of food. The last time I saw him was through the back window of a police cruiser after I walked in on him helping himself to my stuff. Hope he bounces he's a nice kid with a wacko family.

His brother was arrested twice for assault and battery. His mother was an alcoholic who peeped men in the neighborhood. They also had five dogs. I have compassion for these people but at the same time I'm glad they're gone.
  • jessmart83
    jessmart83 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I used to have a neighbor that I hated. She was all sorts of crack head!!! Thought she had mice in her attic so shoved the hose up there, turned the water on and left it on for like 2 days which flooded into our yard.
    I had very strong words with her one day. It started raining really bad, and I had to go move some boards on the side of our house, I go to the side and there are like 30 trash bags filled there! So I start throwing them in her yard (she didnt pay the trash bill so I guess she ran out of room in her own yard). She came out screaming at me not to throw MY trash in her yard! I hopped that little fence so fast, grabbed a bag, said you see those Marlboro cigarettes in there, we dont smoke those and ripped that bag all over her yard! *****! She was arrested on drug charges 2 days later lol.
  • Cuna77
    Cuna77 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I would have to agree to move it to another room.
    I have been listening for years and it is kind of yuck iii.
    Sorry but sound proof does wonders.
  • 1two3four
    1two3four Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Surely I CANNOT be the only one? Share your stories
    "thou shalt love thy neighbour" ... I'm exempt because I cannot stand these people

They're so ignorant... no class or considerationg for anyone else.

Upstairs neighbor in an apartment: insomniac, drunk, bipolar, suicidal, 50+ year old woman. Screaming, fighting, loud tv, loud music, door slamming. Dirty nasty balcony to the point it made mine horrible. Did I mention she had a talking bird? 24/7/365 it never ended (except for brief 72-hour windows).

Absolutely NO help from management whatsoever. Verbal complaints. Written complaints. Nothing. Wait, I lied. They made her clean my balcony once.

I've lived through A LOT (and I mean A LOT) in my life and I think that year had to be one of the worst in my life.

I mentioned the bird, right?
  • JanaCanada
    JanaCanada Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    I have had neighbors like that. Made me struggle. Thus, I wrote the following to help myself and others:

When Neighbors Attack
    By: Brian A. Yeager

Imagine yourself standing outside your home. For the tenth time in three days you witness your neighbor’s child hitting your vehicle with his ball. You’ve talked with the “man of the house” who promised to cause the problem to cease, but nothing has been done. Now, having it happen again and again, you choose to approach your neighbor again. Your neighbor and his wife respond to your gentle request with foul language and threats of physical violence. What do you do?

Before I get into the biblical answer to this question, let’s be clear about a couple of things. First off, threats of violence should always be taken seriously and we should avoid harm to ourselves when possible (Matthew 10:23, Acts 8:1-4, Acts 9:24-25, Acts 13:50-51, Acts 14:5-7, and Acts 17:5-10). We are to be aware of harm that may come to us. Secondly, when unavoidable, unprovoked violence comes our way, we must defend ourselves. We have to examine whether or not God authorizes self-defense. The word of God does give us the right of self-defense (Exodus 22:2-3, Luke 11:21, and Luke 22:36). Secondly, we have to obey civil laws that do not conflict with God’s laws (I Peter 2:13-16 and Acts 5:29). The state of Texas gives us the right of self-defense (http://www.statutes.legis.state.tx.us/docs/PE/htm/PE.9.htm). Thus, when it is impossible to flee or avoid physical conflict, we may defend ourselves. *(Read the law for details).

Having made it clear that Christians are not doormats to be walked all over. We have to consider what we are to do when we are attacked, but physical harm is not going to take place. Should we shout back? Should we get into arguments wherein we trade insults? Should we “man up” and knock out the punks who “deserve” to be punished? Let’s see what the Bible says.
    Should We Get Into Verbal Arguments In Carnal Matters?
    We all should know that we are to defend the truth (I Timothy 6:12 and Jude 3-4). One exception to fighting for the faith is when the questions are foolish and intending to cause carnal strife (II Timothy 2:23 and Titus 3:9-10). Additionally, when people ignore the truth we are commanded to cease those discussions (Matthew 7:6 and Matthew 10:14). The rules for carnal arguments are much more simple. We shouldn’t be involved in such arguments at all (II Corinthians 10:3-4).

What happens when they insult us over and over again? Brethren, we are expected to give answers to people without trying to provoke them (Proverbs 15:1-2). Among other things we should not do, we should not engage in “jesting” (Ephesians 5:1-5). Jesting is witticism (i.e. smart comebacks). Notice these Scriptures: “Devise not evil against thy neighbour, seeing he dwelleth securely by thee… A violent man enticeth his neighbour, and leadeth him into the way that is not good” (Proverbs 3:29 and Proverbs 16:29).

We all know the carnal side of us burns when we’re insulted. It is easy to forget that we are supposed to be past that carnal man (Romans 6:3-16). We must remember that we are strong in the sight of God when we avoid temptation (Matthew 26:41 and I Peter 3:9-12). The man or woman inside of us belongs to God. We gave up “proving who we are” when we decided to live Christ (Matthew 16:24, Luke 9:23, I Corinthians 6:20, Galatians 2:20, and Colossians 3:1-4). This includes the physical action we might want to take to prove we are men and women of strength in this world.

Should We Allow Ourselves To Be Provoked Into Physical Fighting?

Okay, your neighbor now deserves a “beat down”. By whose definition is that true? God says we are supposed to take insults and turn the other cheek (Matthew 5:39). Furthermore, it is the peacemakers who are the children of God (Matthew 5:9). The word of God tells us that if it is possible, we are to live peaceably with all men (Romans 12:18). That does infer that there may be times wherein peace is not possible. That does not mean we cease to pursue peace. We should always pursue peace with all men (Hebrews 12:14). Yet, it still remains that there are those who refuse to be at peace. They will provoke us. They will call us things (Matthew 5:10-12). They may allow their dog to fertilize our lawn. Should we seek revenge?

Should We Allow Ourselves To Be Provoked Enough To Seek Revenge?

Notice the following Scriptures that answer this question: “Say not, I will do so to him as he hath done to me: I will render to the man according to his work… Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy. But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you; That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust. For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? do not even the publicans the same… Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord. Therefore if thine enemy hunger, feed him; if he thirst, give him drink: for in so doing thou shalt heap coals of fire on his head. Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good” (Proverbs 24:29, Matthew 5:43-46, and Romans 12:19-21).

If you will take this article as a lesson about how we treat our neighbors who attack us, you must consider that we are to love our neighbors (Leviticus 19:18, Zechariah 8:17, Matthew 19:19, Mark 12:31, Galatians 5:14, and James 2:8). In fact, we are supposed to work no ill towards our neighbors (Romans 13:9-10). Therefore brethren, we should not seek to be vengeful when our neighbors mistreat us.

Conclusion

When our neighbors (or anyone else) attack us, in a way that does not require self-defense, we should not attack back (Psalms 34:13-14 and I Peter 2:20-23). We are faithful people living in a world of sin (Galatians 1:4 and I John 5:19). We know that people will carnally hate us because we are lights (Philippians 2:15-16) shining in a dark world (Luke 6:22, John 3:19-21, John 15:18-21, and I John 3:11-13). In considering these things, we should all realize that we are to avoid those people who would seek to get us into confrontations (Proverbs 4:14-16 and I Thessalonians 5:22).

http://www.wordsoftruth.net/wotvol11/wotbulletin03272011.html

^This.....was awesome! Thanks Bryan!