Real women drink beer.

Options

Replies

• charismanoodles
    charismanoodles Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Drink it in moderation, exercise more on the day your having it/make other calorie allowances. Too easy.
  • Nutella91
    Nutella91 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    Change your poison. My tiny wife always has champagne in hand.

THIS!! :)
  • Nutella91
    Options
    no they don't, it is not ladylike.

I disagree. It all depends on the lady drinking them. I go out all dolled up, dress, high heels, nice make up and hair and love to drink beer straight from the bottle. Men seem to love it too. Doesnt make me less of a lady inside or out.

Please don't get offended but i completely disagree. doing that would make any lady look less lady-ish, i am sure you are one though
  • MadDogManor
    MadDogManor Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    My friends on Untappd have started thinking I've deserted them :)
    But, right now, I can't enjoy it like I used to - the beer would lead to me stuffing my face as well.
    Maybe someday I can have one or two, but not right now.
  • debrag12
    debrag12 Posts: 1,071 Member
    Options

I disagree. It all depends on the lady drinking them. I go out all dolled up, dress, high heels, nice make up and hair and love to drink beer straight from the bottle. Men seem to love it too. Doesnt make me less of a lady inside or out.

Please don't get offended but i completely disagree. doing that would make any lady look less lady-ish, i am sure you are one though

I don't drink from the bottle, mainly coz I don't drink bottled beer when I go out just from the pump unless it's Leffe which is rare on the pump in the UK.

I like American beers - Brooklyn etc not really a bud person.

Who cares about being lady like, I don't. I don't get dressed up with make-up on or anything.
  • Nutella91
    Options

I don't drink from the bottle, mainly coz I don't drink bottled beer when I go out just from the pump unless it's Leffe which is rare on the pump in the UK.

Who cares about being lady like, I don't. I don't get dressed up with make-up on or anything.

some of us care
  • bananapancakebella
    Options
    I tend to stick to Guinness while I'm dieting-- it has fewer calories than normal beer and I like the thick taste! 125 calories for 12 oz, so if I plan ahead I can have a couple.
  • bananapancakebella
    Options

My 2 cents-- what makes a lady is her respect for herself. It has nothing to do with how she drinks her beer, or wine, or tea or whatever.
  • debrag12
    debrag12 Posts: 1,071 Member
    Options

some of us care

Surely it's up to the lady though :)
  • vanguardfitness
    vanguardfitness Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    I drink microbrews about once a month
  • meechster20001
    meechster20001 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I'm head brewer in a UK microbrewery, I make great beer and I drink great beer but in moderation :) I drink a glass of water to every beer and on a Friday or Saturday night I'd probably only have a couple. Occasionally I just accept there will be a total blow out at a beer festival or event and accept that it's one day off the wagon and I'll clean up after. Life is for living, you've got to be able to lose weight, achieve your goals but enjoy it at the same time.
  • danimalkeys
    danimalkeys Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    I'd marry all of you ladies who enjoy their good beer if I were not married! :love: :drinker: My wife can't stand the beer I drink!

BTW, someone commented about a stout beer having 500 calories- that is way off. More like 150, which is less than most IPA's. It's more about the alcohol content than the color of the beer. My poison of choice, Dogfish 60 Minute IPA, is 210 calories per 12oz.

A Dogfish 120 Minute IPA has 450 calories but it's also up to 25% alcohol. So there are brews out there that are super caloric, but they are also the really expensive high alcohol kind that you aren't swilling down at a BBQ.
  • EdithNP
    EdithNP Posts: 7
    Options
    So, my weakness is not chocolate, cake or sweets. Microbrews are my weakness, as they should be coming from the PNW. I am wondering how all of you other beer drinkers manage this? I tried and have failed to give up beer entirely but I am still really needing to shed about 25- 30 lbs. Sure, I could drink light crappy beer but let's face it, I've been spoiled with heavy delicious, high calorie dark beers. How do you make up for this in your diet and exercise routine?

Me too! I just have one or two a week now on days where I've burned extra calories from exercise.
  • majope
    majope Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    Plan it & make it work....i'll have 1-2 during the week & 3-4 on weekends (that's with any alcoholic beverage). I try to work out extra & eat a little less (in terms of serving size). Hope this helps :)
    ^^^This! ^^^

Also helps if you have someone to split one with. If I open, say, a 22-ounce chocolate stout or Belgian dubbel, I pour myself 8-10 ounces and give the rest to my husband. I get to have my beer with dinner or while watching TV, and the calories aren't so bad--the chocolate stout I drink has 106 calories for 8 ounces. Easy peasy to fit into my day.
  • franklinsmom
    franklinsmom Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Beer is definitely my downfall. I allow myself one evening on the weekends now with no regrets. Guiness is crazy low in calories compared to other "good" beers...So I stick with it.
  • xilka
    xilka Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I have a beer every night with dinner, and manage to keep under my count,
    but I eat 1800 cals a day at least, so it fits. If you're on 1200 cals, you couldn't do it.

And I save extra calories during the week so that I can have my 3 or 4 beers on Saturday - Happy Day!

I DON'T have any other kind of drink with calories in it, except for the tiniest bit of sweetness and creamer in my coffee.
    If you don't drink soda ever, or sugary juices, a beer a day is fine, I say.
  • DebbieLyn63
    DebbieLyn63 Posts: 2,650 Member
    Options
    Personally, I have yet to find a beer that I actually like the taste. The closest I came, back in the days that I DID drink, was ZIma, which is actually a malt beverage and I'm sure everyone else reading this thread is now screaming at the computer at the mere mention of that.

As for how it works out into weight loss. That is a bit tricky. You have to either work off the extra calories, or omit 'real food' from your diet. If you are on a higher calorie level, this is easier to do. However, if you are on a lower calorie level, then it gets even trickier. Since beer is high in carbs, I would suggest first, to trade it off for any sugar or junk carbs in your diet. Whatever you do, don't lower your protein or healthy fats to make room for beer. So take the bread off of your sandwich, and forgo the fries and cookies.

Some people can't limit their quantities of alcohol and end up making poor food choices after having a couple of drinks, so that is something to watch for as well.

Life is all about choices.
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options
    While I don't like beer I like mixed drinks. I rarely have them though anymore. Just one isn't worth 300 calories. Once in awhile, like once a month I have one. You can work them into your cals but beer adds up quickly..
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    I try to drink a beer once a day. Some days I don't want one, but there's always room in my daily plan for the beer at night after the kids go to bed.
  • zanne54
    zanne54 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I'm also a beer drinker. And I play a lot of beer league hockey (2-4x a week). Beer is very much ingrained in the culture of hockey.

To lose weight I had to make different choices. My choices were: #1 Good beer less often or #2 Light beer more frequently. Did I mention that beer (or wine or vodka) is my kryponite? I can more easily say no to food than I can to a drink.

I had to be realistic with myself. #1 simply would not work - I can always justify why I *deserve* to eat/drink xyz right now (that's how I got fat in the first place).

So, for me, the choice was #2. And to be honest, that first beer you have in the room, right when you get off the ice, is the sweetest; good beer or not. I'll have that one, then go up to the bar for the team social and order a club soda with lime instead.