going to start 30 day shred, anyone want to join me?

Options

Replies

• petitegreek
    petitegreek Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Just did level 1 day 2 even though I was still sore from yesterday. Yesterday I was getting so discouraged and actually had to stop the video to sit down, catch my breath and drink water. Today, I only took brief breaks (about 5 seconds) when needed and just kept pushing through. I hope that days 3 and up will get easier. Can't wait to see what the results will look like :)
  • lexlyn14
    lexlyn14 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Just did level 1 day 2 even though I was still sore from yesterday. Yesterday I was getting so discouraged and actually had to stop the video to sit down, catch my breath and drink water. Today, I only took brief breaks (about 5 seconds) when needed and just kept pushing through. I hope that days 3 and up will get easier. Can't wait to see what the results will look like :)
    I just finished day 2 level one also...I certainly can not do all the pushups and the side lunges with the weights I have to take a break on...But at least we are doing it!!!
  • petitegreek
    Options
    I just finished day 2 level one also...I certainly can not do all the pushups and the side lunges with the weights I have to take a break on...But at least we are doing it!!!
    I do the modified push-ups. I can't do all the side lunges either... and the squat press is kind of hard for me too. How many pounds are you using for your weights? I use 2 5-pound dumbells.. I don't have anything lighter.
  • lexlyn14
    Options
    I do the modified push-ups. I can't do all the side lunges either... and the squat press is kind of hard for me too. How many pounds are you using for your weights? I use 2 5-pound dumbells.. I don't have anything lighter.
    I do the modified push ups also...I have been using 3 lbs...I probably could use the 5 lbs for the chest fly exercise and the bicep exercise but jillian moves so fast it is hard to switch...LOL I have started shred at least 3 times in the past but never stuck to it but now with all this support on this forum and all the stories of how peoples bodies really changed I am going to do it...Lets keep each other posted on how we are doing:smile:
  • kelbelly1
    Options
    Ladies... Can I join you please? I've just found this thread and desperately need to stick with it as I'm trying to tone up some inches to get into my wedding dress (only 4 months to go and it doesn't fit!). I'm on day four today started Monday.... Just hoping to get some decent results.

I'm doing ok with level 1 but concerned I'm not doing enough, I'm a working mum of 2, with minimal spare time, I'm just about fitting it in after kids bedtime. Also gone back to basics on the diet, but finding all my diaries are carb heavy and I'm struggling to hit the 1200 calories daily.

Would love any hints and tips you can share, as this is my dream dress (I brought it 9 years ago and kept falling pregnant) and at the rate I'm going I'm not going to get to wear it! :-(
  • lexlyn14
    Options
    Ladies... Can I join you please? I've just found this thread and desperately need to stick with it as I'm trying to tone up some inches to get into my wedding dress (only 4 months to go and it doesn't fit!). I'm on day four today started Monday.... Just hoping to get some decent results.

I'm doing ok with level 1 but concerned I'm not doing enough, I'm a working mum of 2, with minimal spare time, I'm just about fitting it in after kids bedtime. Also gone back to basics on the diet, but finding all my diaries are carb heavy and I'm struggling to hit the 1200 calories daily.

Would love any hints and tips you can share, as this is my dream dress (I brought it 9 years ago and kept falling pregnant) and at the rate I'm going I'm not going to get to wear it! :-(
    WELCOME!!!
  • kelbelly1
    Options
    Thank you!

Just complete day 5..... I'm hoping its all worth it!
  • Jul685
    Jul685 Posts: 81
    Options
    I just finished day 2! It was easier today, but I'm still super sore from yesterday. I also ran 3 miles today. I had to do the modified pushups for some of the time.... my elbows crack when I do pushups and I don't know how to work to fix this. Anyone have an idea?
  • petitegreek
    Options
    I do the modified push ups also...I have been using 3 lbs...I probably could use the 5 lbs for the chest fly exercise and the bicep exercise but jillian moves so fast it is hard to switch...LOL I have started shred at least 3 times in the past but never stuck to it but now with all this support on this forum and all the stories of how peoples bodies really changed I am going to do it...Lets keep each other posted on how we are doing:smile:
    Definitely! I added you. Feel free to add me if you'd like :)
  • Jul685
    Options
    Feel free to add me too :)
  • ConnieAGinther
    ConnieAGinther Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    I started the 30 day shred today and have to modify some things due to knee problems. Anyone can add me if you would like
  • petitegreek
    Options
    I just finished day 2! It was easier today, but I'm still super sore from yesterday. I also ran 3 miles today. I had to do the modified pushups for some of the time.... my elbows crack when I do pushups and I don't know how to work to fix this. Anyone have an idea?
    Hey, I know you! ;) My elbows crack too. I just read this: http://www.livestrong.com/article/421103-my-elbow-pops-when-i-do-push-ups/ I don't think we have anything to worry about.
  • ellemuise
    ellemuise Posts: 34
    Options
    you guys can add me if you want im going on lvl1 day 3 tomorrow, would love the support of other people doing it as well!
  • Jul685
    Options
    Hey, I know you! ;) My elbows crack too. I just read this: http://www.livestrong.com/article/421103-my-elbow-pops-when-i-do-push-ups/ I don't think we have anything to worry about.

Thanks! I am just gonna modify how I do them a little bit... they didn't pop this much when I was doing fab abs february.
  • Madaly320
    Madaly320 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I know on this they do intervals of cardio like jumping jacks and such, how much and often is it? I am only worried about my neighbors downstairs and all my jumping. lol
  • CJpgh
    CJpgh Posts: 52
    Options
    I am in- u can add me!
  • Jul685
    Options
    It's only a couple of sets, but there's also jump rope a couple times.
  • mindygeske
    mindygeske Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I started over today. I skipped yesterday due to my birthday. Already feeling it again.
  • keegalie
    keegalie Posts: 82
    Options
    Did the 2nd day of level 1 today.. it hurts to climb stairs and squat down to sit on the toilet hahaha
  • angelfiona22
    Options
    Hope it's not too late to join! I did two days of the 30 day shred a week ago and then life got in the way and I didn't get a chance to continue but I would like to start back up again and reading everyone's posts has given me the motivation to do that!