From fat to fit

Options

Replies

• Maris_Swan
    Maris_Swan Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    WOW! what a story....you are an inspiration! :)
  • lawtechie
    lawtechie Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    hell yea... wow! You look like a completely different man now. Your family has to be so proud and from going to having walking hurt to preparing for a marathon is truly great. Hope you get many cheers when you cross that finish line.
  • kqadir79
    kqadir79 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Wow...Great Job Man........I am trying to loose around 20 lb and its not easy .......
  • KoGettinFit
    KoGettinFit Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I am passing your story along to my husband. I know he can do it I am hoping your story is motivation for him just to start trying again. CONGRATS on your success!!!
  • momswanson
    momswanson Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Your story is amazing!
  • dixiech1ck
    dixiech1ck Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    What an amazing story! And I love how you didn't use numbers on a scale to define this story/blog. Going from fat to fit is truly a motivational way to define what you have done -- gotten FIT.

I, too, was in the same boat as you. My doctor shot me a wake-up call telling me I was fat, I had been diagnosed with psoriatic arthritis and osteo in both knees and I was only 33. I started to run, like you did -- and I perserved and ran a 10 miler and 3 half marathons last year. What a sense of accomplishment to move and push yourself like you said. You'll beat me to the marathon -- I'm hoping to run the Philadelphia full in November. Good luck -- I'm excited to hear about your experience!!
  • terikd99
    terikd99 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for sharing!! Way to go!
  • long2know
    long2know Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    What an amazing story! And I love how you didn't use numbers on a scale to define this story/blog. Going from fat to fit is truly a motivational way to define what you have done -- gotten FIT.

I, too, was in the same boat as you. My doctor shot me a wake-up call telling me I was fat, I had been diagnosed with psoriatic arthritis and osteo in both knees and I was only 33. I started to run, like you did -- and I perserved and ran a 10 miler and 3 half marathons last year. What a sense of accomplishment to move and push yourself like you said. You'll beat me to the marathon -- I'm hoping to run the Philadelphia full in November. Good luck -- I'm excited to hear about your experience!!
    I ran my first 'training' marathon today - just because I wanted to remove any self-doubt that I had about being able to do it. My time was 04h:28m. The Knoxville marathon is in 10 days, so I finally feel 'ready.' This was my last long run before the official race, and I'll be taking it easy until then.

My experience so far can be summed up easily. Marathons are hard!!! :-)

I had all sorts of thoughts going through my head and that little voice telling me to quit... telling me 15 miles was enough.. 16, 17, 18, 19, etc... was enough. It really takes a lot to fight through that. I had to shut everything else out. It takes grit and determination to grind it out. I had run 20+ miles before, but that last six or so miles is veiled in self-doubt, fatigue. and pain.

Oh, but it is worth it.
  • AliceLMS
    AliceLMS Posts: 2,428 Member
    Options
    Outstanding, bumping this to share with my younger BIL who needs serious motivation for the same reasons you stated.
    This will be a blessing to many, thank you for posting your story.
  • careena1
    careena1 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    YOU LOOK PHENOMENAL!!!!!!!AWESOME STORY, VERY INSPIRATIONAL.:smile:
  • curlyloca
    curlyloca Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    So much win!!!
  • nebslp
    nebslp Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    Take action...Set Goals...Persist! A philosophy worth remembering. Thanks for sharing. Truly amazing!!!
  • anabanana73
    Options
    You look at least 20 yrs. younger, awesome!
  • ambernbarrier
    ambernbarrier Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your inspiration it really touched me.
  • nicsalt
    nicsalt Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Great transformation. What a wonderful example you're setting for your children.
  • GettingAngBack
    Options
    That's awesome! I will be doing the same race, except I'm just starting my journey and doing the 5k! Good luck!
  • linsey0689
    linsey0689 Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    wow great job :)
  • ilikesitspicy
    ilikesitspicy Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for sharing! You've inspired me and countless others, I'm sure. I also love the way you wrote the story in pieces with the photos in between--very engaging.

Your weight loss and running accomplishments are incredible--I am in awe.
  • long2know
    Options
    Thank you so much for sharing! You've inspired me and countless others, I'm sure. I also love the way you wrote the story in pieces with the photos in between--very engaging.

Your weight loss and running accomplishments are incredible--I am in awe.
    Thanks! I love the chocolate fountain in your pic too! I got my wife one for Christmas and we set it up for New Years Eve. My whole family loved it and it was a lot of fun! I made sure to run a few extra miles to stay under my calorie goal too.. :-)
  • long2know
    Options
    That's awesome! I will be doing the same race, except I'm just starting my journey and doing the 5k! Good luck!
    Awesome! Do you live in Knoxville too?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!