From fat to fit

Options

Replies

• verdemujer
    verdemujer Posts: 1,397 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing. I'm impressed that you weren't on biggest loser either. Dedication and adjusting to make it work for you. The running thing - I hate running but I know I have to do it to lose it. So thank you again for the post. It's inspiring!
  • veronica1359
    veronica1359 Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!! :drinker:
  • long2know
    long2know Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Not sure if you realize it, but you can see that you also shredded what stress that weight put on you mentally or the pride in your new found quality of life. You LOOK younger.

Props!
    Thanks man! Since you mentioned it, I did go back and look and I have to agree. :-)

My week/life balance was all out of whack and I regained a lot of it by focusing on health!
  • long2know
    Options
    Wow, what an incredible story. Thanks so much for sharing it with us. Your story given me inspiration and motivation in believing in yourself and never giving up. You traveled an amazing journey. You must be feeling like the top of the world. Way to go and best wishes to your in your future adventures!!
    Thank you! I do feel good, but I do still just take things one day at a time!

I want to quote Winston Churchill's 'never give in' speech! But, here is one of my favorite quotes:

Run when you can
    Walk if you have to
    Crawl if you must
    Just never give up.
  • long2know
    Options
    That is a very inspiring story! I am also too fat to run far, but working up to it. Congratulations on your incredible success, and for being able to fit into that awesome Flash Gordon tee shirt!
    Thanks and you can do it!

The Flash Gordon t-shirt was inspired by Sheldon Cooper from 'Big Bang Theory.' :-)
  • becky2time
    Options
    Such a great story! So proud of you for reaching your goals, not everyone in life can say that they made it happen. :smile: :smile:
  • long2know
    Options
    This is one of the best success stories I've ever read! I feel so inspired and motivated by your story so thank you. I'm starting the Couch 2 5K this week from not ever having run and I'm looking forward to seeing what I can do now. You look amazing and it sounds like you feel amazing too. Such an accomplishment :happy:
    Thanks!

That is awesome that you are starting an exercise program! You can do it! I really enjoy running. It brings me moments of clarity, reflection, and peace.
  • long2know
    Options
    What more can I say that hasn't been said already, ABSOLUTELY BRILLIANT! I guess, like me you finally used the logical side of your brain on yourself! Great post and I am sure you have become a role model for many. And yes, you do look years younger but probably feel decades younger health wise!

P.S. I am an ex-IT professional and went though the same scenario except you are more sensible as you took control of your health when everything could still be salvaged! Hip, hip, Hurray for you!
    Well said! I definitely ignored the logical course of action for well over a decade. Inaction or short-cuts dominated me for so long.. People probably get tired of hearing me say... "I didn't do anything special. I just watched my calories and exercised." That tried and true combination is so effective!
  • long2know
    Options
    I think this is probably the MOST inspirational story I've read! Thank you for sharing. You said many things that really stuck out to me - things that I will take with me as I continue on my journey. Thank you, thank you, thank you. Best of luck to you in your future marathons. AWESOME!!
    You're so very welcome! And thank you for sharing that!
  • long2know
    Options
    Thanks everyone! Sorry if I didn't reply back to you directly, but I do read everyone's post - I just have to pop out for work..

It would be cool if the message boards had a 'like button!' :-)
  • kyodi
    kyodi Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!! It's amazing what us engineers can do when faced with a problem to solve. Good luck on your continued success!!
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    What an inspiration! You look amazing, awesome! :flowerforyou:
  • ssflbelle2012
    ssflbelle2012 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Wow what dedication you had and a fantastic transformation. You do not even look like the same person. So glad you were able to get your health back under control and didn't need the pills.
  • luv86elle
    luv86elle Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Wow, what a difference.

Great job!
  • jakidb
    jakidb Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    Love it!!!
  • ericnealdavis
    ericnealdavis Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Absolutely amazing! Please get your story out to as many people as you can! You ARE an inspiration!
  • blissfulself
    blissfulself Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    you look soo great! really inspiring and love the way you write. your girls are beautiful as well! what a great role model for your family!
  • Adrini
    Adrini Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Okay, full on congrats on the weight loss but I also have to say that I love the flash shirt.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Awesome work! Thanks for posting!
  • butterfli7o
    butterfli7o Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    How amazing. You are truly an inspiration. Congrats to you for becoming healthy, what a transformation!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!