From fat to fit

Options

Replies

• long2know
    long2know Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone - I have to admit I'm blushing a bit at all of the great sentiment and feedback! I am pretty happy/proud and am looking forward to gaining extra years with my family as a result!

I really do hope my story helps inspire you guys! As I said - I didn't do anything special or that anyone else couldn't do. Take out the running, for example, and replace it with whatever your favorite exercise is. Remove the elements of my story that are personal to me and replace them with your own tastes and preferences. It could be any one of you telling your own tale! :-)
  • Linli_Anne
    Linli_Anne Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your story and congratulations on your success and the changes you have made!
  • jodazary
    jodazary Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    amazing transformation but i gotta know has anyone told you that you look like gene wilder?
  • Hughes79
    Hughes79 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Great story and read, very inspirational. I can agree with my weight hating my feet portion.
  • jwright67
    Options
    Thanks so much for sharing your story.... it's a great positive read that shares why it's worth it to keep going even when it gets challenging!! Good for you to continue to set and surpass your goal and then set new more challenging ones and go after them. Good luck in April!!
  • CountryStrongNicole
    CountryStrongNicole Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Love your story!!! AND many many kudos!! Congratulations on such wonderful Success!!
  • kimimila86
    kimimila86 Posts: 424
    Options
    This is hands down the most inspirational post I've ever read! Thank you so much for posting, and of course, congratulations!
  • futurefitgirl3
    futurefitgirl3 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    you are an inspiration. Congrats oun your success!!!
  • princessbee76
    princessbee76 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Truly amazing! What a positive role model for your family also!! Congrats and good luck in April!
  • blpnana
    blpnana Posts: 36
    Options
    Inspring - and just what I needed to get my focus back on! Thank you!!! :smooched:
  • marclife
    marclife Posts: 7
    Options
    this is truly amazing. I've never been more than 35 lbs overweight so I can't relate to the effort you had to put in to accomplish this. I argue that anybody who needs to lose weight should just hang out in this forum and read the success stories. If you can't be motivated by the strong positive people then you are simply lost. Good damn work!
  • long2know
    Options
    amazing transformation but i gotta know has anyone told you that you look like gene wilder?
    Actually, one of my best friends told me the same thing when I sent him a link to this post.. :-)
  • long2know
    Options
    this is truly amazing. I've never been more than 35 lbs overweight so I can't relate to the effort you had to put in to accomplish this. I argue that anybody who needs to lose weight should just hang out in this forum and read the success stories. If you can't be motivated by the strong positive people then you are simply lost. Good damn work!
    Thanks man! I hadn't share this, but I had another friend that went down a similar path as me and I found it to be truly inspirational. His could have easily been another story in these forums, so I can definitely agree with you! Being in good company always brings out your best!
  • long2know
    Options
    Absolutely amazing!! Congrats to you !! I wish you the best in April..I hope to be able to read your story of how the race went.. Thanks for sharing !
    Thanks man! I will definitely post pictures!
  • long2know
    Options
    Congratulations on turning your life around! Very inspiring. Funniest line of the story: "Much bacon was consumed...."
    Humor (especially laughing at yourself sometimes) makes everything better! :-)
  • cfbiii64
    cfbiii64 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Can't put what you did into a pill...it has to come from within!

On another note, I have noticed how much younger people look when they loose significant weight. You look great...many years younger.

Enjoy the marathon.
  • alltheweigh170
    alltheweigh170 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Wow! Simply amazing!
  • nessa552013
    nessa552013 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    What a fantastic achievement!! I am also building up on my runs and like you was surprised that I could run 5ks. I did 6ks yesterday and it feels awesome. Your story is encouraging me to continue with it. Thanks for sharing :-) Well done.
  • melania150
    Options
    Congratulations on such an epic achievement!! Thank you so much for sharing your story - it's exactly what I needed. I am just starting on my challenge of losing weight and your story might as well as have been me writing it because that's how I feel now. I have noone but myself to blame and now I am so angry and determined to kick myself out of this depressing state and hopefully by the end of this year, I will be writing a success story like yours:)...thanks again for inspiring us to keep on fighting!!
  • shella_bella
    Options
    Beautifully written post! Congratulations on your success!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!