Any success stories using the TDEE-20% (15%) method?

Options
123457»

Replies

• AliciaNineteen72
    Options
    shst07, I hope I did not mean to steer away from topic. I hope this information was helpful to you too, and I wish you every success on your weight loss journey!
  • shst07
    shst07 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    shst07, I hope I did not mean to steer away from topic. I hope this information was helpful to you too, and I wish you every success on your weight loss journey!

Oh, no problem at all! Good luck on your journey too!
  • princesstoadstool82
    princesstoadstool82 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/

work out your TDEE and BMR and a TDEE - 15%

have a look at it, :)
  • Rai007
    Rai007 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    hey all. pls continue posting your progress with this method. how much you have lost and when did u start with it. any plateaus on this method. :love:
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    I started out VLCD (very low calorie diet -1200 cals) and lost 70 lbs in six months, but only lost 2 dress sizes.

After that, I went to the TDEE-20% method and lost 20 lbs in a year, but lost a whopping total of 5 dress sizes!

I call that success!
  • keeponkickin
    keeponkickin Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    I did at the beginning of my weight loss...now it only backfires. I think with less to lose the margin is very narrow.
  • kimmyt4
    Options
    I just started this journey at the start of last week. I was really hoping that I wouldn't go up any weight initially, however the scale moved up just over 1 pound. I know this is to be expected, however it is still hard for me to wrap my head around the fact that eating more (healthy food) will make me lose weight.

I was on low cal diets for a long time so I am sure it will take a while. I am very impatient thought lol.

My question is do you have to lift heavy weights for this to work or will doing kettle bell workouts and my elliptical machine do the trick?

also, the websites for finding TDEE are all a bit different so which one is best to use?
  • nutty4mma
    Options
    Bump
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!