At what point does weight become unattractive?

Options
1234568»

Replies

• Doctorpurple
    Doctorpurple Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    My husband has always said women can be attractive at many different weights. When there's cellulite, thats when they become less attractive physically.

Really? Even "super models" have cellulite.

this thread is full of douchness.

Probably meant very noticeable amount of cellulite. Kinda like cheesy legs. Supermodels do have cellulite but its very minor and just obvious upon close inspection.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,014 Member
    Options
    I have been married for 27 years - My husband is about 20 kg over weight (about 44 lb) and he is attractive to me.

Actually make that 15 kg - he has lost 5kg in last couple of months - am very pleased about that - not because it makes him more attractive but because I love him and want him to live a long and healthy life.

Likewise I am trying to lose 10 kg myself - not because I want to be more attractive to anybody but because I want to be fitter and healthier.

Someone posted that obesity is not healthy - I agree - the issue is about health, not appearance.

Your friend is very shallow and very arrogant OP.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Topic: At what point does weight become unattractive?

at whatever point it makes you feel uncomfortable. i've seen very happy confident active cheerful people at higher weights and very miserable bitter sad/angry people at lower ones and vice versa. i think it's more of how one wears one's weight no matter what size. i'm drawn to confidence, kindness, positive attitudes, at any size for both male mates and female friends.
  • TheLuSir
    TheLuSir Posts: 1,674 Member
    Options
    When your smile droops...
  • jkremer1979
    Options
    I think the point a person becomes unattractive is the point they stop feeling attractive. I have met people that are bit on the heavier side with so much self esteem that you think to yourself - why are they so hot? And I have met people that are beautiful physically but their self esteem is so bad... it just takes a few comments before you are completely turned off.
  • kelly_e_montana
    kelly_e_montana Posts: 1,999 Member
    Options
    I find women who are a US size 8-12 to be the most attractive and anything less is not appealing to me and anything more is beyond my threshold of preference. That's the thing about preferences though. They're all different.
  • AllAboutThatTreble
    AllAboutThatTreble Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    If there was ever a time when the phrase "beauty is in the eye of the beholder" is appropriate, it would be now.
  • HotrodsGirl0107
    HotrodsGirl0107 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    This is a question with no concrete answer. You have to realize that everyone has a different opinion on what is attractive. My husband has loved me at a size 24 and now a size 6. He is the type that puts more stock in what is on the inside. I am the same way. I have been attracted to men of all different sizes but they have all had good hearts and a good sense of humor. We all get old and lose our looks but ugly on the inside is forever.

Also...Ms. Monroe measured 36-23-36 she was tiny. People throwing around the size 16 crap need to realize that by today's sizes she would have been probably a size 4 to 8(on the high end).
  • icandowhateveriputmymindto
    Options
    Honestly, some women can look really awesome and still be overweight. Generally though, I've noticed that (to me at least) it barely matters what size you are in order to look attractive unless you have a belly. For some reason, a belly just doesn't look good to me, which is one of the reasons I need to lose weight!
  • Firekeeper66
    Firekeeper66 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I think there are more factors involved to determine someone's "attractiveness" than weight. I've met many people in my lifetime that are thin and ugly and it has nothing to do with looks.

To me, attractiveness is measured in kindness, sense of humour, the ability to sympathize and console, the twinkle in their eyes when they smile - the fact that they smile, etc.

You can take the healthiest person and if they say something cruel or insensitive, I no longer find them attractive. Someone overweight or perhaps not the best looking can move up in my "attractiveness" scale by the gentle way they pet and talk to my dog.

It's all relative.