I give up.

Options
I am a hamster on a wheel. Running and going nowhere. I feel like my body has been damaged beyond repair. I have tried all the suggestions on here and sought medical help. But I can't fight it. I have no fight left. My birth mother and sister are over 300 lbs and looks like I am heading that way. Bit I refuse to do it eating foods I hate. I've lost 6 lbs in one year but had lost a little more. It's all coming back on. I should just accept that I am fat. Thank you everyone who is tried to help. Appreciate it. This website is great for those who are successful. Unfortunately for me, it has just made me depressed. I wish everyone the best.

Replies

• bthewes2
    bthewes2 Posts: 23
    Options
    Don't give up! Keep the battle going...six pounds lost is still six pounds in the right direction...Image if you didn't do anything...Stay strong!
  • Carolyn_79
    Carolyn_79 Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    What explanation has your doctor given for your lack of results?
  • jzebracki
    jzebracki Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    We all feel that way at one time or another. The important thing is to never give up. While genetics do play a role, it doesn't mean that you can't overcome them. You must make a commitment - mental and physical. What is important to you? How do you want your future to be? Please don't quit! You are worth as many chances as it takes to get it right.
  • Bonnieelizabeth
    Bonnieelizabeth Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    NO YOU CAN'T GIVE UP!! You have people counting on you! Winners never quit! Quitters never win! Come on yu can do it!!!!
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options
    What have you exactly tried and for how long?
  • dfonte
    dfonte Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Get off the wheel and stop feeling sorry for yourself.
  • sweetkat75
    Options
    I live in Korea. Doctor isn't very supportive. Just says dont give up, but thebmedicationnis expensive and lack of results doesn't warrant the price. Definition of crazy is doing the same thing over again and expecting different results. I have no idea what is going on with my body and nothng seems to be working. They tested me last year and said it wasn't my thyroid. She did suggest gastricbypass surgery. But my problem is not eating a lot of food. My problem is how my body processes it. I don't think the surgery, in the long run, would be beneficial to me. I wanted to lose weight so I could have a healthy child but I guess children aren't in my future.
  • spaingirl2011
    spaingirl2011 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Weight loss can be overwhelming-- that's definitely true. And it's especially hard when you don't see a difference. Keep working on it and keep trying. You're already steps ahead of people who aren't doing anything at all. Keep active, keep trying to eat healthy food, drink lots of water and already you've improved your health. That is equally as important as the number on the scale. Best wishes!
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options
    So again, how many calories have you been eating and for how long? Also, do you exercise and if so, how long have you been doing that? When you say you have switched things up, what do you mean?
  • allisonlane61
    allisonlane61 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    What medications are needed to lose weight?
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    I suspect I know the problem, but the OP's diary is closed. Oh well.
  • d2footballJRC
    d2footballJRC Posts: 2,684 Member
    Options
    I live in Korea. Doctor isn't very supportive. Just says dont give up, but thebmedicationnis expensive and lack of results doesn't warrant the price. Definition of crazy is doing the same thing over again and expecting different results. I have no idea what is going on with my body and nothng seems to be working. They tested me last year and said it wasn't my thyroid. She did suggest gastricbypass surgery. But my problem is not eating a lot of food. My problem is how my body processes it. I don't think the surgery, in the long run, would be beneficial to me. I wanted to lose weight so I could have a healthy child but I guess children aren't in my future.

if your body didn't process the food you wouldn't gain any weight. You'd just poop it out. We can't see your food journal, and you aren't giving us a lot of information to go on.

Did you work out, what did you eat? How did you eat? etc.. Routine?
  • d2footballJRC
    d2footballJRC Posts: 2,684 Member
    Options

I think we are thinking the same thing.
  • vaianaharrold
    vaianaharrold Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Get off the wheel and stop feeling sorry for yourself.

You can feel sorry for yourself but you can't hold on to it. It's a feeling right? Like feeling the roughness of a rock. Well are you going to hold on to that rock all day? You have to put it down in order to do other things. So don't give up just put that rock down and try again. I sent you a private message Take care!!
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Everyone can succeed. Even you.
  • NYCNika
    NYCNika Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    What do you mean by "Bit I refuse to do it eating foods I hate."?
  • sunlover89
    sunlover89 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    How does your body process food differently than other people?

All my family is skinny, but I'm not. Genetics is not really an excuse. If you ate 1400 calories and walked for an hour every day, sure as hell you'd lose weight!
  • ThickMcRunFast
    ThickMcRunFast Posts: 22,511 Member
    Options
    If you want to give up, then give up. Be unhappy. It is the easiest thing to do.

You don't like eating healthy foods? I don't like paying my bills, but I do, because I am an adult and its what I have to do to maintain my life. Both my mother and sister are over 100lbs overweight, and I am an athlete, because I choose not to live my life the way they live theirs. Its possible, and worth it a hundred times over, but it is not easy. If you give up, you have only yourself to blame, and you will end up feeling worse.
  • sweetkat75
    Options
    I've tried eating all my exercise calories, not eating all my exercise categories, weightlifting, reducing my calories, increasing my calories, heart rate monitor, adjusting my macros, increasing my exercise, decreasing and increasing my exercise, adjusting my tdee to find an optimal caloric rate (never found). I won't quit exercise. It's my lifestyle. But I have to give up the notion that ill ever be thinl.

Just wanted someone to listen. Thanks for your responses.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options

I think we are thinking the same thing.

That if we saw the diary, we'd definitely not see several months of meticulous food logging and goal achievement?

Yeah.