I give up.

Options

Replies

• d2footballJRC
    d2footballJRC Posts: 2,684 Member
    Options
    I suspect I know the problem, but the OP's diary is closed. Oh well.

I think we are thinking the same thing.

That if we saw the diary, we'd definitely not see several months of meticulous food logging and goal achievement?

Yeah.

bingo.
  • g0tr00t
    g0tr00t Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Once you get with the right doctor/dietician and personal trainer, you will succeed. You just need to find the right combo. Throw in a support group too. I surround myself with healthy people that are like me. We lean on each other all the time. Its never easy, if it was, we'd all be living in South Beach, topless.
  • kookanddra
    Options
    your reaching out for help and that's a great start. We can't help if you don't let people see what you've been doing for exercise and food intake. I've sat around for the past year and wined, complained and felt sorry for myself because I was overweight. But never did anything about it. When I started MFP I was all in!! Wanted a change and was really going to give it a try. Couple months past and I've lost some weight. Then I got stressed out, work overload and personal things that set me back again. Now I'm starting over again. Like so many people, we try, stop, and try again. Just don't give up!! You are worth it. Even if you don't think right now, you are!! Kids are great and they will not care what you look like as long as you love them and yourself.
  • sunlover89
    sunlover89 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I've tried eating all my exercise calories, not eating all my exercise categories, weightlifting, reducing my calories, increasing my calories, heart rate monitor, adjusting my macros, increasing my exercise, decreasing and increasing my exercise, adjusting my tdee to find an optimal caloric rate (never found). I won't quit exercise. It's my lifestyle. But I have to give up the notion that ill ever be thinl.

Just wanted someone to listen. Thanks for your responses.

How long did you do each of these for and in what combination? If you open your food diary, we can give you advice on where you might be going wrong. There isn't an optimal calorie or exercise because you have to keep changing it depending on what you do in the the day, the time of month etc..
  • stealthSLOTH
    stealthSLOTH Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    I like Hamsters, but regardless, don't give up on yourself! :flowerforyou:
  • avababy05
    avababy05 Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    Can you open your diary?
  • cloud2011
    cloud2011 Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    Hang in there. Have you seen a nutritionist or trainer...people who might be willing to work with you and encourage you? Take small steps. You can do it!
  • squinz
    squinz Posts: 136
    Options
    You have to fight for this! Don't give up. You can do it - believe that you deserve to be happy in your own body. Write a list about why you want to lose the weight and find a focus for doing it. Health, children, vanity?

Sorry your feeling that you can't do it but you have proven you can by losing weight before.
  • d2footballJRC
    d2footballJRC Posts: 2,684 Member
    Options
    I've tried eating all my exercise calories, not eating all my exercise categories, weightlifting, reducing my calories, increasing my calories, heart rate monitor, adjusting my macros, increasing my exercise, decreasing and increasing my exercise, adjusting my tdee to find an optimal caloric rate (never found). I won't quit exercise. It's my lifestyle. But I have to give up the notion that ill ever be thinl.

That is a lot of things, it says you've been here a year. The question I have is how did you do all of those things and give them a full chance?

You can do it.. If you want to be skinny, here is the trick that works for everyone.. not just some people.. You have to be stubborn.. You have to weigh your food, you have to log every little bite, nibble, crumb.. You have have to be OCD'ish on your diet and calorie counting. Some people just can't eat junk and lose the weight for whatever reason.

You are 227lbs, I don't know your height. So know what you should do.. say screw it.. to the number on the scale.. set a bf% goal or a size goal in pant size and try to hit that. Those goals are easier to visualize and work towards then numbers on a scale. If you say exercise is your life, then make that your life, but watch what you put in your body and there is no reason you won't lose weight.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options

How long did you do each of these for and in what combination? If you open your food diary, we can give you advice on where you might be going wrong. There isn't an optimal calorie or exercise because you have to keep changing it depending on what you do in the the day, the time of month etc..

Your hat is almost as awesome as mine!
  • sweetkat75
    Options
    I closed my diary because I knew there would be negative people just ready to kick someone when rhey are down. I have seen it too often on here. To sumit up, my diary looks like someone struggling to find the right macros and caloric rate for success and didn't have much luck. I exercise between 3 and 5 hours at med to high intensity,

Months ago I gave up chocolate. My favourite food in the world. I eat it occasionally now instead of every day. I thought that was contributing to my failure.

Thanks for those who gave me encouragement, it is nice to hear a kind word while I am mentally beating myself up. For those who feel the need to be qn online bully, perhaps you no longer have weight issues but you have other issues holding you back. There is never any need to be mean.
  • chantelp89
    chantelp89 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    One word. Accountability
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    Dont give up it will workout! Hehe puns but seriously try walking or something dont just give in
  • Jonesie1984
    Jonesie1984 Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    FCHW- FAITH, CONSISTENCY, HARDWORK = SUCCESS.

Faith-with the process, adequate but not over abundant nutrition

Consistency- Doing it EVERYDAY regardless of life stress, additional work for prep, denying yourself, etc.

Hardwork- Exercise, self discipline, self sacrifice.

**If your lacking in any of the areas you will fail. You have to DECIDE you WILL be successful then go after it.
  • thisdarkpassenger
    thisdarkpassenger Posts: 76 Member
    Options

You sound very similar to me. You should have your doctor test you for PCOS- Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome- it makes it very hard to lose weight and to get pregnant. If you do have PCOS, your doctor can prescribe you to Metformin and it helps with weight loss and fertility. Good luck and don't give up!!
  • RosalindSutch
    Options
    Consider a personal trainer. It's the best investment you can make for your health!
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    I closed my diary because I knew there would be negative people just ready to kick someone when rhey are down. I have seen it too often on here. To sumit up, my diary looks like someone struggling to find the right macros and caloric rate for success and didn't have much luck. I exercise between 3 and 5 hours at med to high intensity,

Months ago I gave up chocolate. My favourite food in the world. I eat it occasionally now instead of every day. I thought that was contributing to my failure.

Thanks for those who gave me encouragement, it is nice to hear a kind word while I am mentally beating myself up. For those who feel the need to be qn online bully, perhaps you no longer have weight issues but you have other issues holding you back. There is never any need to be mean.

So dont give up chocolate just eat less
  • Controversial
    Controversial Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Medication? Did you consider maybe that's the problem? Most of us on this site didn't use medication, but good old-fashioned hard work and tracking.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options

Seems unlikely, but if you've "tried it all" and won't share details and diaries, then there's literally nothing anyone can do for you.

If you want to give up, give up. Don't threaten to leave and fish for people to beg you to stay.
  • ChelleBalady
    Options
    Don't give up. Diet has EVERYTHING to do with weight loss. I had been seeing a trainer for a year got stronger but not much weight loss. At first I wanted to give up. I blamed everyone but myself. In the end you can't out exercise a bad diet. You have to take control of yourself and responsibility. I saw a nutritionist who is teaching me how to eat properly and what works for my body.nplus I LOVE the foods I eat. I exercise with a trainer 2-3 times a week and cardio 4-5. The weight is coming off now, and I am thrilled! Giving up is always the easiest thing to do but can't be blamed on anyone but ourselves. I would encourage you to open your food diary and allow others to give feedback and support. This is how we learn. I wish you all the best and hope you continue to strive for a healthy lifestyle. :smile: