30day shred.. She was out to kill me. o_O"

Options
1235»

Replies

• NotBonJovi
    NotBonJovi Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Got this for my wife. Let's see how it goes.
  • MsJourno
    MsJourno Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Am on Day 2, level 1 today. I got a little too ambitious and did it two times---TWO TIMES!!----both days, and huffed and puffed through it. Amazingly, it got better the second time every day. My thighs are sore today but am not giving up. Tomorrow, I plan on doing it just once, and combine it with some treadmill and/or yoga. I am not into this for weight loss but for toning up and I think I love Jillian.

I like her no-nonsense air and she keeps me going and I like the fact that it is only for 20 minutes. Doable, I took pictures yesterday before starting. Let's see what the days ahead bring.

Here's to some happy shredding for all of us
  • bkerstin
    bkerstin Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Don't laugh, but my wife and I do it together. We are on day 5 of level 2....Jillian kicks my *kitten*.
  • xjckemx
    xjckemx Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Think I am around day 8 of level 2. 30 ds. I do it 5 days week. First 4 days level 1 thought I would die then it just gets easier. Am starting level 3 tomorrow as level 2 quite easy now. Yet never thought I'd progress from there. It's amazing how the body adapts Nd I am not fit at all!!
  • helplesslyhappy
    Options
    I'm getting the 30DS too..it's just getting so many good reviews!
  • martini83
    martini83 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I love 30DS and have good results even though I can't go past day 7 weeks one as it seems to really be hard on my. Knees and Achilles' tendon area and end up having issues walking :( I was doing 30shred plus 20mins elliptical 20 mins treadmill plus home weights machine, I dropped 4 kg in three weeks, sadly it has crept back on.
  • Freemyskinny
    Options
    All of you guys are AMAZIN'.!! :D I was havin' a low and confusin' day but once I logged on and seen how much positive post were on her I got my butt up and now am warmin' up to kick Jillian's *kitten*.! Thank you all so much.!
  • EOHerrera
    EOHerrera Posts: 45
    Options
    I started 30DS on March 1, thinking I would do it every day, and hopefully speed up my weight loss. I did day 1, 2 and 3 - and I was SO sore that I had to soak in hot water, take Aleve before bed and put ActiveOn on my thighs - and OMGosh, I'd get halfway down when starting to sit and then just basically "fall" the rest of the way down on the chair (or whatever!) because it hurt so bad. On the morning of day 4, I weighed - and had gained 2 pounds! NOT what I had expected considering I was also doing 20 minutes of cardio as well as 30DS, and staying well within my calorie range! I was so frustrated that I decided to not to do it the next two days after suffering through all the pain only to gain!! Now, two days later, my thighs finally feel "normal" again - and I've lost the 2 lbs I had gained. I decided Jillian Michaels and her 30DS are going in the drawer for the next six months!! I'm going back to what I was doing before - elliptical training and walk/run intervals. It might be slower, but at least I wasn't miserable & in pain - and I WASN'T gaining pounds!! If it worked for someone else, that's great. But it most definitely was NOT working for me.
  • Mommy4812
    Mommy4812 Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    I started 30DS on March 1, thinking I would do it every day, and hopefully speed up my weight loss. I did day 1, 2 and 3 - and I was SO sore that I had to soak in hot water, take Aleve before bed and put ActiveOn on my thighs - and OMGosh, I'd get halfway down when starting to sit and then just basically "fall" the rest of the way down on the chair (or whatever!) because it hurt so bad. On the morning of day 4, I weighed - and had gained 2 pounds! NOT what I had expected considering I was also doing 20 minutes of cardio as well as 30DS, and staying well within my calorie range! I was so frustrated that I decided to not to do it the next two days after suffering through all the pain only to gain!! Now, two days later, my thighs finally feel "normal" again - and I've lost the 2 lbs I had gained. I decided Jillian Michaels and her 30DS are going in the drawer for the next six months!! I'm going back to what I was doing before - elliptical training and walk/run intervals. It might be slower, but at least I wasn't miserable & in pain - and I WASN'T gaining pounds!! If it worked for someone else, that's great. But it most definitely was NOT working for me.

Weight gain is normal when starting a new workout routine and especially while repairing your muscles. I had also gained 2lbs. the first couple of days but then they quickly went away. The soreness is usually gone by day 4-5.
  • Mommy4812
    Mommy4812 Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    This is what I said:
    Weight gain is normal when starting a new workout routine and especially while repairing your muscles. I had also gained 2lbs. the first couple of days but then they quickly went away. The soreness is usually gone by day 4-5.
  • blueangelclb
    Options
    I am on day 21, level 2, of the 30 day Shred! Its alot of work and when I first started I wanted to die but it gets easier..that is until level 2 and you feel just like you did at the start of the Shred but then that to gets easier. I was late on starting level 2 and have been on it now for 7 days. I plan on moving to level 3 the last 5 days. I have some trouble with the obligue twists..it hurts my ankles but I plow through. The difference is in level 2 is she does tell you you can break but only for 5 seconds. The only time I have to stop is during these obligue twists. It does work! I forgot to take measurements before I started but I did take a pic of my stomach from the front and side and got on the scale. After I was done on day 14 I took the same 2 pics again and compared them and you can see a difference. I also have a pair of jeans that were tight on me all the way down from waist to ankles and now they are loose on me so I know its working. Its very exciting for me. I like in level 2 she tells you to think of jean shopping or even better yet bathing suit shopping and thats what I'm telling myself. I went to the store the other day. I took 2 pics of bathing suits..one was a tankini which I always wear and a bikini that I think is really cute. I have them both in my phone and I look at them every day. I have a long way to go before I will wear the bikini but its a long term goal I have. Next I plan on doing the ripped in 30, then the body revolution. I'm also thinking of doing a few more excersise videos I have found on you tube that look like fun. Good luck hun!
  • princessrisariri
    princessrisariri Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I've just got the DVD!

What size weights do you guys recommend? I'm going to order them online. I was thinking 3lbs? I'm 5'4" and 160lbs and of average strength.

I use 3lbs and am of weak strength and manage fine so I would go for something more
    It is all the cardio part of it that tires me out, the weights bit feels a breeze so I think I need to go up to 5lbs.
  • EatSleepJog
    Options
    I'm starting this tomorrow since P90X is too challenging for me (and very time consuming) currently. I hope I can get through with this. :smile:
    I was told to hold off on P90X and do some other cardio first because it was really difficult... and that Insanity is even more challenging. I've never tried it though.. This is a really good way to start out, I suggest increasing your cardio beyond Jillian's shred before doing p90x though. p90x is 60 minutes a day... Try for forty for a few weeks then move to sixty. THOUGH if you can get through the sixty right after Jillian go with it!

Yeah, no kidding! I could not get past 5 minutes of P90X. The pushup with stacked feet got me, and that was just the first exercise! I am actually already doing cardio in the mornings by jogging. I will definitely start out P90X at a lower pace. Currently, my main focus is building upper-body strength.
  • jcreazy
    jcreazy Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Just finished day 7, it is still a good workout although it gets easier everyday. My muscles were only a little sore but not enough to stop doing it. I think I will probably do it twice tomorrow, once you get started it is easy to finish, in fact I feel the first circuit is the hardest.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!