Things people do on the treadmill that bug you..

Options

Replies

• aaronlawrenc
    aaronlawrenc Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    I really hate when people make fun of others holding the handlebars while using an incline. I used the incline for the first time the other day and yes, I held the bars.
    And you know what? I was damn proud of myself for using the incline in the first place.
    I would hate to think that there were people judging me while I was feeling so proud of myself.

No one asked you to admit whether you held onto the bars or not.. be proud that you wasted so much time getting a poor burn by cheating. Go for the elliptical, there you can hold onto the bars, free up the treadmill at the gym and still get a great workout!

Did you really just tell her how to work out? To free up a treadmill at the gym? Seriously? Get a frigging life.

Everyone starts at a different level! Handles or not they're still working out.
    Get off your high horse.

who says bum
  • BEERRUNNER
    BEERRUNNER Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    I really hate when people make fun of others holding the handlebars while using an incline. I used the incline for the first time the other day and yes, I held the bars.
    And you know what? I was damn proud of myself for using the incline in the first place.
    I would hate to think that there were people judging me while I was feeling so proud of myself.

No one asked you to admit whether you held onto the bars or not.. be proud that you wasted so much time getting a poor burn by cheating. Go for the elliptical, there you can hold onto the bars, free up the treadmill at the gym and still get a great workout!

EXACTLY!!! this fine lady gets IT! If youre gonna hold on to the treadmill and feel like cheating on yourself then go to the Ellipticals.!!!!!!!!! free up the treadmills for the real playazzzzz:bigsmile:

I kiddd I kidd......or do !?!??!?!?!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    Went to the gym last night and lifted...when I finished my session, I walked over to the treadmill to do my usual 20 minute cool down before my stretch. I thought about this thread...and made sure that I walked exactly 2.5 MPH...I played air guitar and air drums to the music coming out of my ear buds...I did rocky type boxing, etc...I was really hoping to annoy some cardio bunnies, but they all either seemed too involved in what they were doing or actually gave me thumbs up and stuff....I was disappointed that I couldn't annoy anyone to the level of having to post a thread on the internet about how much I annoyed them.
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    When people are paying more attention to what you are doing, than what they are doing themselves.

Isn't that why you lot are doing?

May I suggest a healthy dose of 'Mind your own business and crack on with your own workout'

Woah...why am I getting called out? If you would have read my original post of this you would have known that I do mind my own business.
  • rduhlir
    Options

EXACTLY!!! this fine lady gets IT! If youre gonna hold on to the treadmill and feel like cheating on yourself then go to the Ellipticals.!!!!!!!!! free up the treadmills for the real playazzzzz:bigsmile:

I am sorry. But if the hand rails weren't meant to be used on the treadmills then they wouldnt' have them in the first place. If people want to use them, more power to them.
  • DaveMurphy6
    DaveMurphy6 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    People running backwards or doing sidesteps on the treadmill..Really?.Waiting for the big injury lawsuit because nobody told them it was stupid and dangerous.
  • rduhlir
    Options
    People running backwards or doing sidesteps on the treadmill..Really?.Waiting for the big injury lawsuit because nobody told them it was stupid and dangerous.

This is an honest workout actually.

http://www.runaddicts.net/tips-tricks/the-benefits-of-running-backward

A lot of people do it.
  • amymrls
    amymrls Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    People actually pay to be at the gym just like you do. I hope those judging others are really happy & offer to pay those people to workout then.... cause you all must be superior. Sorry but you people make me sick.

How is stating someone wears enough perfume to make you sick judging others?
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options

I do that on my TM at home. I also do walking lunges. It's a great workout.
  • hope002
    hope002 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    This is one of the reasons I dodn't go to the gym. I run outside. So if you (judging people) don't like the way I run or .. you name it... I don't give a s#@%
  • JerseyGirlinTN
    JerseyGirlinTN Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I also do walking lunges.

I actually really like this idea!
  • BEERRUNNER
    BEERRUNNER Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options

I am sorry. But if the hand rails weren't meant to be used on the treadmills then they wouldnt' have them in the first place. If people want to use them, more power to them.

And then they incline it to the moon and hang on to NOT the rails BUT the actaul apparatus that counts calories, time, distance etc....that thing was not meant for people to hang on to!
  • rduhlir
    Options

And then they incline it to the moon and hang on to NOT the rails BUT the actaul apparatus that counts calories, time, distance etc....that thing was not meant for people to hang on to!

You clearly stated the hand rails....so which is it? What is your argument? The hand rails or the apparatus (which is called a display in case you didn't know).
  • vcancel
    vcancel Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    This is one of the reasons I dodn't go to the gym. I run outside. So if you (judging people) don't like the way I run or .. you name it... I don't give a s#@%

Nothing will ever keep me from the gym and my health. But I love your attitude!! I don't give a $&^& what they think of me either... :glasses:
  • bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options

A lot of people do it.

Best to keep quiet and have us think you are an idiot, then to type a response like "injury lawsuit" did and confirm it.
  • drchimpanzee
    drchimpanzee Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    I hate when people run on it. Just go outside!
  • rduhlir
    Options

Nothing will ever keep me from the gym and my health. But I love your attitude!! I don't give a $&^& what they think of me either... :glasses:

I honestly try to stick up for the people who have heavy foot steps, or use the hand rails, etc.. Why? Because they are trying. People seem to think that the only people on this site are the fit and fabulous. They seem to forget that there are people here who have never exercised a day in their lives and are trying to change. Only to see a post like this that might scare them off. People preach and moan about how obese the US is...but don't do a damn thing or attribute to bullying...which ultimately only makes the problem worse.

Good on you for not giving up!
  • bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    People actually pay to be at the gym just like you do. I hope those judging others are really happy & offer to pay those people to workout then.... cause you all must be superior. Sorry but you people make me sick.

I'm guessing she wears perfume to the gym.

if people are doing there thing, even if I think it's weird and stupid, I let them do it unless I think they are going to hurt themselves. Then I go get at trainer and have him observe them at which point he runs over to help them.

The perfume thing, on the other hand, is a real problem because you are then negatively affecting MY workout. And that ain't cool.
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    I've said it before and I'll say it again: If you are running on a treadmill, you are running and going nowhere and thus have no room to judge anyone.

On another note, I can't believe this thread rolled. People don't do 500 things on treadmills, much less 500 annoying things.
  • rduhlir
    Options

A lot of people do it.

Best to keep quiet and have us think you are an idiot, then to type a response like "injury lawsuit" did and confirm it.

Never said I did it, did I? Might want to learn a little reading comprehension. Only said it was an honest workout. And sorry, but you can't have a lawsuit against a gym for something like that. Might want to read the fine print on the papers you signed.