Things people do on the treadmill that bug you..

Options
1252627282931»

Replies

• bumblebums
    bumblebums Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    An older gentleman got on the treadmill next to me once and emitted some intestinal gas that blew me clean off my treadmill. My eyes are still watering from the memory.

:laugh: I feel so bad for you

Thanks :) Seriously, I am only ever annoyed with what other people do at the gym when it somehow invades my space. Including my airspace. It's hard to mind my own business when I am forced to sniff some old guy's nasty farts.

About treadmill hate in general: if you can run outside, great for you. Keep at it. Some of us live in areas where there is so much traffic outside that running is impossible--you're standing at a light half the time. Others live in an area where you're likely to be mugged or raped on a trail. And for some, running outside is impossible because the cold air sets of exercise asthma attacks (look it up). So when you wonder why some people use treadmills when they could be running outside, it's probably because their circumstances differ from yours. Mind-blowing insight, I know.
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    An older gentleman got on the treadmill next to me once and emitted some intestinal gas that blew me clean off my treadmill. My eyes are still watering from the memory.

:laugh: I feel so bad for you

Thanks :) Seriously, I am only ever annoyed with what other people do at the gym when it somehow invades my space. Including my airspace. It's hard to mind my own business when I am forced to sniff some old guy's nasty farts.

About treadmill hate in general: if you can run outside, great for you. Keep at it. Some of us live in areas where there is so much traffic outside that running is impossible--you're standing at a light half the time. Others live in an area where you're likely to be mugged or raped on a trail. And for some, running outside is impossible because the cold air sets of exercise asthma attacks (look it up). So when you wonder why some people use treadmills when they could be running outside, it's probably because their circumstances differ from yours. Mind-blowing insight, I know.

Yeah, on the first part of this topic, I originally expressed that I really only pay attention to others when they invade my personal space. Somehow I have become the big bad monster for telling people not to take things so personally. Totally understand your deal, I would find it hard to breathe esp if I had been running for an extended period of time and some dude beside me cracked a nasty one :laugh:
  • dixiewhiskey
    Options
    I really hate when people make fun of others holding the handlebars while using an incline. I used the incline for the first time the other day and yes, I held the bars.
    And you know what? I was damn proud of myself for using the incline in the first place.
    I would hate to think that there were people judging me while I was feeling so proud of myself.

No one asked you to admit whether you held onto the bars or not.. be proud that you wasted so much time getting a poor burn by cheating. Go for the elliptical, there you can hold onto the bars, free up the treadmill at the gym and still get a great workout!

Did you really just tell her how to work out? To free up a treadmill at the gym? Seriously? Get a frigging life.

SERIOUS humour on the forum today!!!

Darn right I did.. nothing worse than waiting for a treadmill and watching the majority of the users holding on the treadmill while I eagerly wait to workout properly.

Get on an elliptical - it's low impact for those who are issues and you can still hold onto the bars. How about you learn how to reasonably disagree? You don't sound like you can take the heat so get out of the kitchen. Take your f words with you too cause you sound like you need the life more than me. :laugh: :laugh:

You have no right to tell anybody to FRIGGING do anything. Someone else working out IS a waste of your time so why are you so focused on it? I am a runner so don't tell me to get on an elliptical when you don't even know me.

Just so you're aware, you're not the only one in the world who knows how to work out properly and if someone is doing it wrong, it's none of your business.

I'm done. You're a boring waste of my time.

Why don't you go make fun of someone at the gym. Stick with what you're good at and leave the common sense to us.

Quoi???? Original post didn't even mention or was directed at you. You decided to log on the WWW and disrespectfully disagree with my opinion. You've had your moment and your say, get lost and never reply to any of my posts again. :laugh:

I have a feeling that you will reply again, probably with some more swears cause that somehow makes your points more valid and easier to respect. Not
  • dixiewhiskey
    Options
    When some of you people are saying that others annoy you when they look at what you're doing....you're looking at what they're doing to know that they're looking at you! You're just as bad!

For real!!

Truth be told!
  • BEERRUNNER
    BEERRUNNER Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    PLEASE for the love of humanity! STOP cranking the treadmill to a ridiculous incline THEN HOLDING on to the bars/ handle for dear life!?!?!?! You are just CHEATING yourself!!!!!!!
    IF you or your legs cant carry the incline and or weight SLOWWWW the machine down AND DONT INCLINE IT!!!!:bigsmile:

ok rant over

P.S hotttieeezz of MFP feel fre to PM ME :devil: