over 40's please!! :)

Options

Replies

• PaullaG
    PaullaG Posts: 4
    Options
    Hi,
    I am 48 and new to FitnessPal. Need some encouragement-especially for those who have been successful. I have a long way to go. Good thing is that I love healthy food but also like sweets and sometimes not so healthy food like pizza. All in moderation, right? Please add me. I would love to have some lifestyle changing friends :)

I do yoga and have started interval training. Also do this lovely video called Callenetics. It works and works fast!
  • PaullaG
    PaullaG Posts: 4
    Options
    Hi,

I could you a steel kick now and then. Mostly now! LOL
  • xiantan
    xiantan Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I've been telling my high school friends that I've been 35 for the last 15 years. I think they're getting suspicious... Yes, it's true, after 42, the body's metabolism slows down, and I had to work twice as hard just to maintain my weight. Even still, the fat re-distributes to other parts of the body! The truth is, If you want to lose weight, you just have to cut out certain foods permanently! :o
  • bmag1969
    bmag1969 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    44 here and feel like 21. Anyone is free to add me
  • bethira
    bethira Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    42 and it's definitely a struggle. However, I did this to myself in my 30s, so if I need my 40s to get back to the person I want to be so be it. On the bright side, heavy or not, I've never been in better physical shape in my life. I walk for miles, I do Zumba, Tae Bo and Body Pump. I love my 40s even if the weight doesn't just melt off.
  • zombilishious
    zombilishious Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    39.95 plus shipping & handling :)

Life makes it a struggle...but I will succeed because I'm crazy enough to think I can!
  • cindylmanly
    cindylmanly Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    50 in a couple of weeks. I am in the beginning to middle of my own personal fitness challenge. Lost 40 pounds in the last 2 years....on my last 3-4 pounds and am now determined to be as fit as I possibly can!

Please feel free to friend me!!!!
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    44 and kickin it like I'm 18! HA!

Ok, some days are a little easier than others. You are welcome to add me. Everyone is, just note that sarcasm is a staple for me.
  • mamamia05
    mamamia05 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Just turned 40 in January ...feel free to add me, the more inspiration the better!
  • ArmyMomPaula
    Options
    I will be 42 in a few weeks and I am looking forward to getting back in the swing of losing weight. I lost 20 lbs before gallbladder surgery and have kept if off so I want to keep going :)
  • bmag1969
    bmag1969 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Go Navy........Couldn't resist!!
  • brendadale1
    brendadale1 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Im looking for friends i can chat to online who are in their 40's, im finding it harder to lose weight now im 43 in body, but still 18 in my mind!! :tongue:

Well hey there:) I am 43 also, and thanks to this program ,I am losing..I have realistic goal set at 1 lb a week:)
  • brendadale1
    brendadale1 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I've been telling my high school friends that I've been 35 for the last 15 years. I think they're getting suspicious... Yes, it's true, after 42, the body's metabolism slows down, and I had to work twice as hard just to maintain my weight. Even still, the fat re-distributes to other parts of the body! The truth is, If you want to lose weight, you just have to cut out certain foods permanently! :o

Which foods do you feel you have to cut out to lose weight?
  • kirstyspecialk
    Options
    Turned 40 last year :sad: but still can't believe it (the brain hasn't caught up yet)! I think I neeed to start to count backwards, at Birthdays!! Anyone, please feel free to add me !! :tongue:
  • LeanerBeef
    LeanerBeef Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    Being over 40 blows but I'm still awesome! There's a whole bunch of us awesome old people on here....:bigsmile:

Feel free to add me and good luck! :drinker: :bigsmile:
  • txbutterfly69
    txbutterfly69 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Just turned 44 yesterday and having to up my workout time to loose .5 pounds. Slowly getting there!!
  • BrienJD
    BrienJD Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    43 here.
  • Robin_Bin
    Robin_Bin Posts: 1,046 Member
    Options
    Didn't read the entire thread, but see the group, 40/50+ BUT YOUNGER NEXT YEAR. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/820-40-50-but-younger-next-year
  • topformfitness
    topformfitness Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Message me and / or add me on here if you want to chat and exchange ideas. I'm in my 40's and recently transformed myself.
    Be prepared, it's not necessarily easy, but very do-able and not time-consuming if you have the right strategies.

Friend me up ... talk soon,

Josh
  • danaelizas
    danaelizas Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I'm a 42 year old 20 something lol. Weight loss is extra hard now. Feel free to add me.