Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Hitting myself on the head with a sledgehammer

WinnerVictorious
WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,733 Member
Has anybody tried this to jumpstart their weight loss? I heard about this sledgehammer idea from a friend. I did some research and it sounds too good to be true.

But I found a sledgehammer fairly cheap at Home Depot, just $29.99. This is the one with the fiberglass handle. I found another one with a wood handle for $39.99 . Both of them have forged steel heads, which apparently is the key ingredient for weight loss. You can get cheaper a one with a plastic handle, but from everything I've read, that's worthless and a waste of money.

Anyway, I thought I would experiment. I picked up both kinds. In the first 10 days, I'll use the fiberglass handled sledgehammer. After this 10 day period is up, I'll be trying the wood handled one.

I think I'll post my progress through my blog if anyone want to keep up with it there.

So, after that long post, I'll ask my original question again..... Has anybody tried either of these? Successful? Unsucessful?

Replies

• BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    This sounds a little dangerous.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Fiberglass handle is too processed. You should have gone with wood.
  • Game8
    Game8 Posts: 442
    2,600?? That's a lot of posts for 4 months my friend
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    I was going to buy a jackhammer, but reading this makes me wonder if an sledgehammer would work better....
  • jbutterflye
    jbutterflye Posts: 1,914 Member
    Ah, the ole sledgehammer diet...
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    After the first 10 days, you'll forget about the second one. At least, that is what I have been told...
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,733 Member

i believe in quantity over quality.
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    It works better if you knock out your teeth so you're forced to eat through a straw. That means you can do all the juice cleanses and detoxes out there. Or just do them rectally. People weren't really designed to chew their food anyway.
  • LishieFruit89
    LishieFruit89 Posts: 1,956 Member

i believe in quantity over quality.

6 months, not 4.

I agree with Shelby
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    I think Phineas Gage lost some weight. Maybe you're onto something.
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    A lot of people find that being knocked out cold makes them eat less. I say try it. Might work for you - enjoy your journey!
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    You don't need any sledgehammers to jump start your weight loss. Just drink 5 gallons of water per day and try the 30 day shred. Make sure to eat back 9/16th of your exercise calories.
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    This is a myth and does not promote weight loss in any way. However, if you have a goal height within an inch or two of your current height, this may temporarily promote increased height for the week or so following a solid thud to the top of the skull . Results improve with a reasonable calorie surplus and regular exercise.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member

Why aren't you supporting the OP's journey?
  • JAllen32
    JAllen32 Posts: 991 Member
    Ah, the ole sledgehammer diet...
    If I see another post about this crazy fad diet....ugh. ::eye roll::

We need an eye roll smiley.
  • _DaniD_
    _DaniD_ Posts: 2,186 Member
    tumblr_m80guvARKM1qh6nb2.gif
  • Faye_Anderson
    Faye_Anderson Posts: 1,495 Member
    This is a myth and does not promote weight loss in any way. However, if you have a goal height within an inch or two of your current height, this may temporarily promote increased height for the week or so following a solid thud to the top of the skull . Results improve with a reasonable calorie surplus and regular exercise.

Remember that it's only a temporary gain, a few days after you start the skull starts to "eat itself" and caves, this is where the losses truly begin :drinker:
  • matt2442
    matt2442 Posts: 1,259 Member
    please post a video of this
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member

Remember that it's only a temporary gain, a few days after you start the skull starts to "eat itself" and caves, this is where the losses truly begin :drinker:

With a weekly knock to the top of he head, callusing may or may not occur, increasing the potential for height gains.
  • _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Dude Ima sledgehammer coach, shoulda bought them from me.