Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Hitting myself on the head with a sledgehammer

Replies

• LishieFruit89
    LishieFruit89 Posts: 1,956 Member
    2,600?? That's a lot of posts for 4 months my friend

Why aren't you supporting the OP's journey?

Yeah, you're being mean!
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,733 Member
    This is a myth and does not promote weight loss in any way. However, if you have a goal height within an inch or two of your current height, this may temporarily promote increased height for the week or so following a solid thud to the top of the skull . Results improve with a reasonable calorie surplus and regular exercise.

Remember that it's only a temporary gain, a few days after you start the skull starts to "eat itself" and caves, this is where the losses truly begin :drinker:

With a weekly knock to the top of he head, callusing may or may not occur, increasing the potential for height gains.

is this that cranial confusion i keep reading about?
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Dude Ima sledgehammer coach, shoulda bought them from me.

reported for trying to sell in a MLM on the board
  • sevsmom
    sevsmom Posts: 1,172 Member
    Personally, I'd be worried about the temporary weight gain from swelling! Fluid retention is a Beeyotch!
  • LovingLisa2012
    LovingLisa2012 Posts: 775 Member
    We need an eye roll smiley.

close ?

roll-eyes-med.gif
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    I think if you hit yourself in the mouth, hard enough to knock most of your teeth out, it might jumpstart your weightloss. No one likes eating through a straw.
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    STOP!!

You're doing it all wrong. Hitting yourself with a sledgehammer will not jump start your weight loss. All you're doing is self harming and hurting yourself. You may even lose a few teeth.

You're supposed to do it upside down wearing a banana hammock. If you don't do it upside down wearing a banana hammock your metabolism will slow down by 85%.
  • rugbyphreak
    rugbyphreak Posts: 509 Member
    It sounds pretty good to me. What could go wrong? I've plateaued as of late, so if you have good results, I may just have to try it!
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    This is a myth and does not promote weight loss in any way. However, if you have a goal height within an inch or two of your current height, this may temporarily promote increased height for the week or so following a solid thud to the top of the skull . Results improve with a reasonable calorie surplus and regular exercise.

Remember that it's only a temporary gain, a few days after you start the skull starts to "eat itself" and caves, this is where the losses truly begin :drinker:

With a weekly knock to the top of he head, callusing may or may not occur, increasing the potential for height gains.

Most likely, although lately Dr Oz has been calling it the sledgehammer extract cleanse.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member

Ah, it makes sense now, yes I've heard time and again that confusion may boost your results. However, maybe instead of using the sledgehammer indiscriminately you may want to consider using it every time you eat a bad food. **** in your mouth, bang on the head.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member

Most likely, although lately Dr Oz has been calling it the sledgehammer extract cleanse.

Where exactly are you extracting the sledgehammer from and more importantly how is it getting there in the first place?
  • WinnerVictorious

no, that must be something else. i can try that next! he sure is a wonderful wiz, isn't he?

IIRC, for proper cranial confusion, i have to keep my skull guessing by varying the frequency and intensity at which i am hitting myself. this keeps my skull from adapting and plateauing. if that were to happen, then the sledgehammer would no longer have any effect.
  • WinnerVictorious

Where exactly are you extracting the sledgehammer from and more importantly how is it getting there in the first place?

i sure hope this isn't some sort of sexual innuendo because that is expressly against the community guidelines.

and if it is... how YOU doin'? :wink:
  • Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    sidehammer.jpg

Let me help you out w/that
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Hi, My name's Bobby and I'm a Sledgeology Coach.
  • WinnerVictorious

shouldn't you be bumping threads from 2010?
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member

no, that must be something else. i can try that next! he sure is a wonderful wiz, isn't he?

IIRC, for proper cranial confusion, i have to keep my skull guessing by varying the frequency and intensity at which i am hitting myself. this keeps my skull from adapting and plateauing. if that were to happen, then the sledgehammer would no longer have any effect.

You clearly have a "handle" on this and are in no need of advice from the little internets-dwellers. congratulations and good luck on your journey to a taller you.
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    STOP!!

You're doing it all wrong. Hitting yourself with a sledgehammer will not jump start your weight loss. All you're doing is self harming and hurting yourself. You may even lose a few teeth.

You're supposed to do it upside down wearing a banana hammock. If you don't do it upside down wearing a banana hammock your metabolism will slow down by 85%.

Broscience. Please.

OP - You have this all wrong. It doesn't matter what kind of handle the sledge hammer has. What matters is what you do with it. Now, you don't want to hit yourself in the head with it. I worked in an SICU for years, and I can tell you that people who have blunt force injury to the head may end up unconscious, but they also get a lot of swelling, and then they get herniation of the brain, all of which messes with the sympathetic nervous system Then the nurses end up pumping you full of all kids of IV fluids which make you fatter and puffier. Plus they feed you through a nasoenteral feeding tube at a significant increase over your TDEE because they think it promotes healing. This is counter to what you are trying to do.

So here is how to work this sledgehammer thing. Give the sledge hammer to a close friend. Lay out on a parking lot. Have your friend beat your legs at about mid-thigh. They have to be completely smashed. Make sure they aren't squeamish about this. Now they need to lock you in a closet long enough for the legs to become necrotic, at which point they will atrophy and grow black. Now seek medical attention. Your doctor will have no choice but to perform a double amputation resulting in the most rapid weight loss you could possibly imagine.

I am so glad I am able to support you on your journey.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    I once accidentally knocked myself out with a claw hammer while replacing the framing around the garage door. I didn't notice any noticeable accelerated weight loss, but I did end up ~$900 lighter in the wallet from the MRI when I went to the ER.

Perhaps the type of hammer is relevant.

Great job, OP, for trying to find what works for you. * I wish you nothing but success in all your fitness and health goals. You got this! :flowerforyou: * - ©2013
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member

shouldn't you be bumping threads from 2010?
    2010? That's amateur. Try 2005:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/3-portion-sizes