21 day Challenge - JOIN IN

Options

Replies

• Trishajac
    Trishajac Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Day 30 - 03 Apr 13

Pretty chilly here still - indoor workout - changed it up with some Wii Fit exercises... worked up a great sweat! Should be feeling that a little bit tomorrow! :)

:flowerforyou:
  • Trishajac
    Options
    @ m_tynes
    Day 20 -yesterday: Zumba class for one hour and MAN! that was a work OUT!

Day 21 - today: last day with trainer for now. We worked together for 20min after I did a 10min warm-up on the treadmill and then used the Elliptical for 20min post working out with the trainer.

Thanks to this challenge, I have lost 10lbs, and between 1 and 2 inches in my arms, legs, waist, hips, bust -- my thighs took the win for going down 3 inches!!!! I'm so excited! And I can actually see my body changing. Thanks for posting this challenge. This has helped me develop a very healthy lifestyle and I will continue to set small goals like these so I can continue to see my progress.

Cheers!

So, soooooooooooooo happy for you and the progress you have seen in yourself!

I'm glad that you found the challenge helpful ....

Thank YOU for participating and checking in!

Trish
  • Trishajac
    Options
    Day 13 - Campus walk (1 mile for the entire class day, dodging rain drops), 1 hr in the pool (all 4 competitive strokes plus side stroke, a short warm up, a little stretching after set 2)

@ tazmac2 - great day for you. Hope your weather continues to cooperate so you can keep sneaking out over lunch.

Congrats on DAY 13! I love the variety you add to your workout!

Weather really cold again today - but got a workout in just the same!

:wink:
  • Trishajac
    Options
    OK, so it's April 2/13 and I just joined myfitnesspal today. I'm going to try to walk (briskly) 30 min. at least 3 x a week for starters. I need all the support I can get so I can hang in there. Will keep posting on my progress. Joiesmama

Welcome to the challenge!!

Good luck with your activity and I look forward to seeing your check-ins!

• kcaffee1
    kcaffee1 Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    Day 14 - (according to the HRM) 2 mile walk between car/classes/gym, 5 mins on the elliptical since all the treadmills were busy due to the cold, wet weather here, 50 mins lifting with the trainer.

Any idea if the elliptical is better to help rehab/recondition knees than just straight treadmill work?

@tazmac - nice day 30 for you. I know I love my x-box when I can't get to the gym.
  • kcaffee1
    Options
    Day 15 - Not quite as resounding a success as I was hoping for. Only got 3 out of my 4 swim sets in before I ran out of time. And, I had a shorter day of walking due to one of my classes being canceled. Oh, well, onward to tomorrow!

Where did everyone go??
  • Trishajac
    Options
    @kcaffee1 - good DAY 14 & 15 for you....

Some movement is better than none.... (that was me yesterday!)

Unfortunately - it seems that most of the folks who started out - or joined along the way have changed their mind.. :noway:

But I'm sticking here too and will see you thru to Day 21!

Trish
  • Trishajac
    Options
    DAY 31 - no exercise today

As I made it thru my first 21 day challenge - I'm going to continue along - HOPEFULLY without many gaps in my personal fitness challenge!

DAY 32 - TM walk today - 40 minutes - 3.5 pace - 25 min with incline and 15 min without incline!

Loving my commitment to Keep It Going!

• lovelylittlegiggles
    lovelylittlegiggles Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Hi. I haven't been posting my miles here, but I have been covering anywhere between 5-10 miles a day, depending on the day.
  • kcaffee1
    Options
    DAY 31 - no exercise today

As I made it thru my first 21 day challenge - I'm going to continue along - HOPEFULLY without many gaps in my personal fitness challenge!

DAY 32 - TM walk today - 40 minutes - 3.5 pace - 25 min with incline and 15 min without incline!

Loving my commitment to Keep It Going!

@ tasmac: Rest days are important too. And, you had a nice return to active on day 32. Keep it up!

Day 16 - campus walk (HRM says it was .8 miles, but not sure I believe that today ::Grins::) Then a nice monster session with my x-box: 20 minutes of Zumba, and another 20 with Adventures. A little stretching, and a little joint rehab work on the knees and back to make sure they don't lock up on me thrown in the mix.
  • Trishajac
    Options

@ tasmac: Rest days are important too. And, you had a nice return to active on day 32. Keep it up!

Day 16 - campus walk (HRM says it was .8 miles, but not sure I believe that today ::Grins::) Then a nice monster session with my x-box: 20 minutes of Zumba, and another 20 with Adventures. A little stretching, and a little joint rehab work on the knees and back to make sure they don't lock up on me thrown in the mix.

Good for you on DAY 16! Very impressive!!

& ..... thanks for your encouragement!
  • Trishajac
    Options
    Hi. I haven't been posting my miles here, but I have been covering anywhere between 5-10 miles a day, depending on the day.

That's great! Whole purpose was encouragement for sure!!
  • Trishajac
    Options
    DAY 33 - 06 Apr 13

TM walk today - 45 min @ 3.5 pace - 30 min with incline & 15 min without incline!

(rain & snow mix happening here today!!! soooooooooooooooooo looking forward to the better (warmer) weather for the outdoor activities! but - in the meantime - glad I have the TreadMill!)
  • ThinUpGirl
    ThinUpGirl Posts: 397
    Options
    My 21 days starts on Monday, April 8th:

WEEK 1 - Exercise
    [ ]8th: Kickboxing + 2 miles walking
    [ ]9th: Run 5miles
    [ ]10th: Kickboxing + 2 miles walking
    [ ]11th: Run 5 miles
    [ ]12th: Kickboxing + 2 miles walking
    [ ]13th: Run 5 miles
    [ ]14th: Active Rest Day
  • iputtheawinlawl
    iputtheawinlawl Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 18 of my own 21 day challenge, I guess... I knew it took x amount of days to form a new habit and figured if I could make it that long, I could do it. I'm going to join you guys because I'm feeling really lazy and discouraged today. I don't know why-I've been losing, I'm not starving myself, and going to the gym almost every day (6 days a week-my 21 day challenge) has put me in a relentless good mood.

But yesterday was an awful day in general and this morning I woke up in a funk. Hopefully this challenge will help me stay on track!

Day 1: spinning class
  • Trishajac
    Options
    My 21 days starts on Monday, April 8th:

WEEK 1 - Exercise
    [ ]8th: Kickboxing + 2 miles walking
    [ ]9th: Run 5miles
    [ ]10th: Kickboxing + 2 miles walking
    [ ]11th: Run 5 miles
    [ ]12th: Kickboxing + 2 miles walking
    [ ]13th: Run 5 miles
    [ ]14th: Active Rest Day

Good for you! You have the week planned out in advance! that's a great plan!
  • Trishajac
    Options
    I'm on day 18 of my own 21 day challenge, I guess... I knew it took x amount of days to form a new habit and figured if I could make it that long, I could do it. I'm going to join you guys because I'm feeling really lazy and discouraged today. I don't know why-I've been losing, I'm not starving myself, and going to the gym almost every day (6 days a week-my 21 day challenge) has put me in a relentless good mood.

But yesterday was an awful day in general and this morning I woke up in a funk. Hopefully this challenge will help me stay on track!

Day 1: spinning class

Welcome to the challenge!!

You can do this! You have a good attitude about forming a habit!

This group membership fluctuates - but those who are involved are reporting pretty much daily and are encouraging!

Good luck - will look forward to seeing your check-ins!

• cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,436 Member
    Options
    Hi tazmac2!! I'm more than happy to join your 21 day challenge again!! I loved posting here last month. It really does keep me motivated. I'm leaving the house now to walk with my grandpuppy, Bean, and then I'll work on all my challenges...I'll be back if that's okay with you.

Chris
  • Trishajac
    Options
    Hi tazmac2!! I'm more than happy to join your 21 day challenge again!! I loved posting here last month. It really does keep me motivated. I'm leaving the house now to walk with my grandpuppy, Bean, and then I'll work on all my challenges...I'll be back if that's okay with you.

Chris

Chris,

CERTAINLY!

Glad to have you back!

I intend to continue on - as I found several benefits to the challenge
    1) My back had me out of commission - but walking was not too hard on it - so "get at it girl"
    2) My daily recording had me motivated enough to not want to miss a day
    3) Enjoyed seeing folks join the challenge
    4) Enjoyed seeing what people were doing for their own personal fitness
    5) Responding to people motivated me!!!!

I missed a "purposeful workout" the other day - but I'm so much further along than I was - so - I'm just keeping on keeping on!!

See you tomorrow!

Trish :flowerforyou:
  • kcaffee1
    Options
    And day 17 winds down to a close. 1.5 hours in weed eating and other general first-of-the season yard work that required bending, pulling on things, and hauling things out of the way of the weed eater, 36 minutes of weight lifting in the afternoon. (And a second shower!) And, the general, every day house chores that don't count towards logging, but do include moving.