21 day Challenge - JOIN IN

Options

Replies

• cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,439 Member
    Options
    Trish - walking solved a lot of problems for me over the years. It's always been my "go to" exercise. I'm glad you're doing better. I agree that posting here helps with the motivation. The fact I have to write it down is motivation!!

4.23 miles in 62 minutes w/Bean
    60 minutes spent on other challenges...squats, jumping jacks, burpees, situps crunches, etc.

Have a great Saturday evening!
  • Trishajac
    Trishajac Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    And day 17 winds down to a close. 1.5 hours in weed eating and other general first-of-the season yard work that required bending, pulling on things, and hauling things out of the way of the weed eater, 36 minutes of weight lifting in the afternoon. (And a second shower!) And, the general, every day house chores that don't count towards logging, but do include moving.

Good for you on DAY 17!! your end day on the 21 day challenge is creeping up for you!

I like the idea of weight lifting - I just said to my BF the other day - we should add something like that to our routine!

Have a great day!
    Trish
  • Trishajac
    Options
    Trish - walking solved a lot of problems for me over the years. It's always been my "go to" exercise. I'm glad you're doing better. I agree that posting here helps with the motivation. The fact I have to write it down is motivation!!

4.23 miles in 62 minutes w/Bean
    60 minutes spent on other challenges...squats, jumping jacks, burpees, situps crunches, etc.

Have a great Saturday evening!

I agree Chris - feeling better than I have in a long time - and happier too, with my efforts and just how I feel in general!

You had a great day with a nice long walk and your added variety!

trish
  • Trishajac
    Options
    DAY 34 - 07 April 2013

Walk outside today - neighbourhood - GPS data - 3.11 miles // 5 km; 51.18 min; 335 calories; 3.6 pace

Happy, Happy, Happy for a sunny day and a walk outside!

:flowerforyou:
  • Jennie183
    Jennie183 Posts: 10
    Options
    Ok, this is just the accountability I need. I do water aerobics for seniors a couple days a week. I will add one additional exercise. class or walk 20 minutes, or ride stationary bike 5 miles a day. I'll need all the support I can get. Thanks.
  • Trishajac
    Options
    Ok, this is just the accountability I need. I do water aerobics for seniors a couple days a week. I will add one additional exercise. class or walk 20 minutes, or ride stationary bike 5 miles a day. I'll need all the support I can get. Thanks.

Hi Jennie,

Welcome aboard!!

I started this challenge to get my own butt on the go - and found it very motivating for myself.... I enjoy interacting and encouraging the others in the group too!

I look forward to your check-ins!

trish
  • kcaffee1
    kcaffee1 Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    DAY 34 - 07 April 2013

Walk outside today - neighbourhood - GPS data - 3.11 miles // 5 km; 51.18 min; 335 calories; 3.6 pace

Happy, Happy, Happy for a sunny day and a walk outside!

Great day for you tazmac! Keep those miles rolling along!

Day 18: Kinect day: 20 mins zumba, 20 mins (or so) Adventures, house chores took up most of the other 1.5 hours of exercise. And, this was supposed to be my day "off"! ::Laughs:: so much for THAT idea!
  • Trishajac
    Options
    thanks KCaffee - and great DAY 18 for you!
  • Trishajac
    Options
    DAY 35 - 08 Apr 13

Couple of meetings to attend today - so walking to & from worked well....15 min to & from first location and 25 min to and from the 2nd! and .... love the hills in this city - no worries about adding those! :)

good 40 min under my belt!

• kcaffee1
    Options
    Nice day 35 for you! Glad the weather's starting to become enjoyable enough to let you indulge your outdoor walks. Wish the heat would slow down a little here. (85, and muggy today!)

Day 19 - 15 mins on treadmill @ 3.0 avg speed, 5 mins on eliptical (Just starting so even the flat, no resistance setting is killing me!) 20 minutes lifting with the trainer, 10 mins or so working with body weight stuff and calisthenics, and the usual walk around campus for another 51 mins and 1.8 miles. Debating about throwing on the x-box tonight, but still not sure. Bouncy, but want some down time too.
  • cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,439 Member
    Options
    Day 1 - 4.23 miles in 62 minutes w/Bean; 60 minutes spent on other challenges...squats, jumping jacks, burpees, etc.
    Day 2 - 4.0 miles in 75 mins w/my daughter and Bean then we went shopping! Lots of walking at the mall!
    Day 3 - 4.35 miles in 63 mins, 70 mins on other challenges jacks, squats, crunches

The wind was up like crazy today. It so strong that it was blowing me around! Thank goodness it wasn't too cold.

Hope everyone has a great evening.

Chris
  • Trishajac
    Options
    Nice day 35 for you! Glad the weather's starting to become enjoyable enough to let you indulge your outdoor walks. Wish the heat would slow down a little here. (85, and muggy today!)

Day 19 - 15 mins on treadmill @ 3.0 avg speed, 5 mins on eliptical (Just starting so even the flat, no resistance setting is killing me!) 20 minutes lifting with the trainer, 10 mins or so working with body weight stuff and calisthenics, and the usual walk around campus for another 51 mins and 1.8 miles. Debating about throwing on the x-box tonight, but still not sure. Bouncy, but want some down time too.

Wow K!! What a variety you have in your day! That's awesome!!

Congrats on DAY 19 complete!!!

Trish
  • Trishajac
    Options
    Day 1 - 4.23 miles in 62 minutes w/Bean; 60 minutes spent on other challenges...squats, jumping jacks, burpees, etc.
    Day 2 - 4.0 miles in 75 mins w/my daughter and Bean then we went shopping! Lots of walking at the mall!
    Day 3 - 4.35 miles in 63 mins, 70 mins on other challenges jacks, squats, crunches

The wind was up like crazy today. It so strong that it was blowing me around! Thank goodness it wasn't too cold.

Hope everyone has a great evening.

Chris

ROUND 2 ..... Days 1, 2 & 3!!! Great working Chris! You are amazing as well. More great variety! I have to get at that too!

Congrats!

Good to see you!~
  • Trishajac
    Options
    DAY 36 - 09 April 2013

TM walk today - inclement weather... 41 min total @ 3.5 pace with 30 min with incline and 11 min without incline!

Keepin' it going!

Trish
  • Joiesmama
    Joiesmama Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi, I joined myfitnesspal a week ago but haven't started any exercise, so I think it's about time. I will try to start power walking at least 30 min. a day for a week and then bump it up 15 - 20 min. at a time. I'm also going to do some weight training and stretching so we'll see how it goes. Will keep in touch,

Joiesmama:wink:
  • kcaffee1
    Options
    Day 20 - campus and miscellaneous walking for a total of 35 mins, hour in the pool.

Back on light duty - back's acting up. So, lots of pool time coming up I think.
  • Trishajac
    Options
    Hi, I joined myfitnesspal a week ago but haven't started any exercise, so I think it's about time. I will try to start power walking at least 30 min. a day for a week and then bump it up 15 - 20 min. at a time. I'm also going to do some weight training and stretching so we'll see how it goes. Will keep in touch,

Joiesmama:wink:

Good to see you here!

If it helps you, check in daily - I found that to be helpful. I got thru my 21 days because I did not want to miss a day and start over.

Look forward to your check-ins!

:smile:
  • Trishajac
    Options
    Day 20 - campus and miscellaneous walking for a total of 35 mins, hour in the pool.

Back on light duty - back's acting up. So, lots of pool time coming up I think.

Congrats on DAY 20!

listen to your body, K.... take care and take it easy!

Trish
  • Trishajac
    Options
    DAY 37 - 10 April 2013

A light day today - 22 min walking -- a couple of meetings to walked today....

better than nothing! Keeping it going!

• kcaffee1
    Options
    Like you Tazmac, I'm at day 21, but not stopping.

Was supposed to be a lifting day with the trainer, but they nixed due to the back. So, 2.85 miles between campus walk and treadmill (slow! 1.21 hours) then at home some work with resistance bands, knee exercises, and chasing the cat around the room. (Changing weather = TONS of feline energy!)