21 day Challenge - JOIN IN

Options

Replies

• cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,448 Member
    Options
    I don't know how I managed to get my post in the quote above, but there you have it!

And, just a side note, my sweet husband has never gotten rid of any of his old fishing gear...and he picked up more poles and tackle boxes to add to the pile when his father passed last year...odd. ...I'm just sayin'

I hope you all have a terrific evening!

Chris
  • Trishajac
    Trishajac Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Another nice day for you tazmac.

I'm still plowing on, though had a school function tonight, which nixed the pool. Just couldn't figure out how to get to the pool, swim, get home, get the hair DRY, and back to school in 45 minutes. (It's a 30 minute drive one way... you don't by any chance have a secret time warp machine do you???) So, today for day 29 it was all campus walking - only 32 minutes. Tomorrow will be back on track... I hope!

Hey K! 32 min of walking is 32 more than I got in today! Zippo for me! Restart round 2 tomorrow... I had university class tonight (and all day tomorrow) ... so it was work, a bite of supper - then off to class..... Good for you on DAY 29!!
  • Trishajac
    Options
    I don't know how I managed to get my post in the quote above, but there you have it!

And, just a side note, my sweet husband has never gotten rid of any of his old fishing gear...and he picked up more poles and tackle boxes to add to the pile when his father passed last year...odd. ...I'm just sayin'

I hope you all have a terrific evening!

Chris

Good for you up to Day 13 again! I haven't counted a day off as a Rest day yet - I will restart my challenge again tomorrow.... I see other MFP's also take rest days - I'm thinking it's recommended somewhere... :smile:

You made me laugh out loud at your fishing story!!! Thanks so much for sharing that!! I read it out loud to my BF.... It is calling for sun here on Sunday - so maybe we will get out again! I really do enjoy it (so far) - so that's helpful. I can see us with a lawn chair passing away some time over this summer. We are together 5 years this summer (for 3+ years he was in Ottawa, ON and I was here in NS... he is in the military - and we flew back and forth) ... he just moved home last October (2012) and we moved in together... so happy to be in the same province/town/house!!! So, we look forward to fishing this summer... and golfing .... and motorcycling... and pedal biking!! I can't wait to tell you I caught a fish!! :laugh:

Hope you have a great weekend too!

Trish
  • Trishajac
    Options
    This should have been DAY 4 - on my second round of the challenge (got to Day 40 on the first round) - but alas .... I have classes (university course) this weekend - so it was work, supper and then off to school tonight.

Back at it tomorrow after class...

:drinker: Cheers!!
  • cpanus
    Options
    This should have been DAY 4 - on my second round of the challenge (got to Day 40 on the first round) - but alas .... I have classes (university course) this weekend - so it was work, supper and then off to school tonight.

Back at it tomorrow after class...

:drinker: Cheers!!

You could count this as a REST DAY. Not that you rested or anything...just rested from exercising because...you can...Tomorrow should be DAY 5. I have to have one planned day off to shop with my daughter or make a new soup or read the zillion magazines I get that I keep stacking up.

What are you taking at the university? I remember how hard it was when I went back. Crimeny!
  • cpanus
    Options
    Day 1 - 4.23 miles in 62 minutes w/Bean; 60 minutes spent on other challenges...squats, jumping jacks, burpees, etc.
    Day 2 - 4.0 miles in 75 mins w/my daughter and Bean then we went shopping! Lots of walking at the mall!
    Day 3 - 4.35 miles in 63 mins, 70 mins on other challenges jacks, squats, crunches
    Day 4 - no walking today...doc appt...60 mins on challenges push-ups (modified), squats, Russian twists, mountain climbers.
    Day 5 - 4.34 miles in 62 mins, 50 mins on challenges jacks, burpees, leg lifts, hammer curls.
    Day 6 - is a REST day!
    Day 7 - 4.14 miles in 62 mins w/Bean; 70 mins on challenges.
    Day 8 - 4.19 miles in 63 minutes w/Bean, walked 1.44 miles in 51 minutes w/SO and Bean...throwing ball, playing 'keep away'! We had a blast with him! Spent 60 minutes on other challenges.
    Day 9 - 4.19 miles in 63 mins w/Bean again!, walked .87 miles in 26 mins /So and Bean...too cold and windy, 30 DS L1D1 again!and 35 mins on other challenges.
    Day 10 - 4.0 miles walking with Leslie...sound down..30 mins on another exercise DVD. That's all!!
    Day 11 - 4/16 -- walked 4.39 miles in 62 mins., spent 60 mins on challenges and 25 mins on 30DS L1D2.
    Day 12 - 4/17 -- a REST DAY...went shopping with my sweet daughter!
    Day 13 - 4/18 -- walked 4.39 miles in 63 mins, spent 70 mins on other challenges. I get to Bean-sit tomorrow!!!
    Day 14 - 4/19 -- walked 4.45 miles in 65 mins w/Bean, spent 70 mins on challenges and 30 mins on Kelly Coffey-Meyer's Split Sessions - lower body workout. I like her style. It was a good day!
  • kcaffee1
    kcaffee1 Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    Great day for both of you. Not so good for me... TOM decided to visit which made a hash out of my plans for the pool. Still got a LITTLE walking in, if you count a whole 15 minutes around the class room! More at home, but I'd taken the pedometer off by then, so don't know how much that added up to. But, that was all normal chores, which isn't exactly PLANNED exercise. ::Grins and shrugs::

Guess I scraped this one off of the rim of disaster.... Might actually acknowledge the oops, and start over tomorrow. Will have LOTS of walking - actually going to a zoo for the first time in I don't remember when!
  • Trishajac
    Options

You could count this as a REST DAY. Not that you rested or anything...just rested from exercising because...you can...Tomorrow should be DAY 5. I have to have one planned day off to shop with my daughter or make a new soup or read the zillion magazines I get that I keep stacking up.

What are you taking at the university? I remember how hard it was when I went back. Crimeny!

I am taking a Certificate in Adult Education! Really enjoying it - but down to the crunch now (every other weekend in class until presentation day 03 June).... so a bit bagged today!

Congrats on Day 14 of your second round!!
  • Trishajac
    Options
    Great day for both of you. Not so good for me... TOM decided to visit which made a hash out of my plans for the pool. Still got a LITTLE walking in, if you count a whole 15 minutes around the class room! More at home, but I'd taken the pedometer off by then, so don't know how much that added up to. But, that was all normal chores, which isn't exactly PLANNED exercise. ::Grins and shrugs::

Guess I scraped this one off of the rim of disaster.... Might actually acknowledge the oops, and start over tomorrow. Will have LOTS of walking - actually going to a zoo for the first time in I don't remember when!

K - you continue to impress me! AND - I see that your weight continues to drop!!

Good for you!!
  • Trishajac
    Options
    No exercise for me again today - that is 2 days... however, I'll be back at it in the next day or so! I really do make it part of my day no. This has just been a university weekend (Fri night and all day Saturday) - didn't sleep well last night ... and back at class this morning! All that to say - I'm knackered! not going to beat myself up about it .... logging my food and checking in... so it's all good!

:flowerforyou:
  • kcaffee1
    Options
    No exercise for me again today - that is 2 days... however, I'll be back at it in the next day or so! I really do make it part of my day no. This has just been a university weekend (Fri night and all day Saturday) - didn't sleep well last night ... and back at class this morning! All that to say - I'm knackered! not going to beat myself up about it .... logging my food and checking in... so it's all good!

Right now I'm pushing hard on the exercise because I know in a couple of weeks when finals start, for the first few days I won't have time for anything but books. I can understand about crunch time guzzling up every waking minute you think you have for yourself. Best of luck with your class, and I'm sure you'll make an outstanding grade!

Day 1, Round 2 - 1.5 hrs accounted for of walking by the HRM, but there's another 1.5 hrs minimum of activity unaccounted for. Think it was just so slow the HRM pedometer couldn't pick it up. All of this was walking around the OKC Zoo, so mostly hills, and VERY little flat! Knees are knalking to me right now BIG time.
  • kcaffee1
    Options
    Undeclared, unexpected rest day. TOM is still visiting, which nixed the pool, and knees are still yelling about yesterday which nixed the games. ::Pouts:: Oh, well, tomorrow I begin again.
  • cpanus
    Options
    Day 1 - 4.23 miles in 62 minutes w/Bean; 60 minutes spent on other challenges...squats, jumping jacks, burpees, etc.
    Day 2 - 4.0 miles in 75 mins w/my daughter and Bean then we went shopping! Lots of walking at the mall!
    Day 3 - 4.35 miles in 63 mins, 70 mins on other challenges jacks, squats, crunches
    Day 4 - no walking today...doc appt...60 mins on challenges push-ups (modified), squats, Russian twists, mountain climbers.
    Day 5 - 4.34 miles in 62 mins, 50 mins on challenges jacks, burpees, leg lifts, hammer curls.
    Day 6 - is a REST day!
    Day 8 - 4.19 miles in 63 minutes w/Bean, walked 1.44 miles in 51 minutes w/SO and Bean...throwing ball, playing 'keep away'! We had a blast with him! Spent 60 minutes on other challenges.
    Day 9 - 4.19 miles in 63 mins w/Bean again!, walked .87 miles in 26 mins /So and Bean...too cold and windy, 30 DS L1D1 again!and 35 mins on other challenges.
    Day 10 - 4.0 miles walking with Leslie...sound down..30 mins on another exercise DVD. That's all!!
    Day 11 - 4/16 -- walked 4.39 miles in 62 mins., spent 60 mins on challenges and 25 mins on 30DS L1D2.
    Day 13 - 4/18 -- walked 4.39 miles in 63 mins, spent 70 mins on other challenges. I get to Bean-sit tomorrow!!!
    Day 14 - 4/19 -- walked 4.45 miles in 65 mins w/Bean, spent 70 mins on challenges and 30 mins on Kelly Coffey-Meyer's Split Sessions - lower body workout. I like her style. It was a good day!
    Day 15 - 4/20 -- walked 4.18 miles w/Bean in 62 minutes, 75 mins on challenges.
    Day 16 - 4/21 -- walked 4.34 miles...1/2 w/Bean -- to hot for his black coat -- spent 60 minutes on challenges. A good weekend!
  • kcaffee1
    Options
    cpanus - you are almost making me envious. You're doing so good.
  • Trishajac
    Options
    Day 1 - Challenge #2 - 22 Apr 2013

Outdoor walk - GPS Data - (lunch walk and then quick drop off of papers at another building)

1st walk -
    34 min 3.37 kilometres = 2.09 miles 219 cal 5.9 km/hour pace (3.66 miles per hour)

2nd walk -
    12 min 1.20 kilometres = 0.75 miles 84 cal 6.0 km/hour pace (3.7 miles per hour)

Total - 46 min / 303 cal / 3.7 pace 4.57 km / 2.85 miles

22 days to my b-day... goal is 20 lbs by my b-day (set back in Feb).... @ 11lbs - can I do it? gonna take a good stab at it!!
  • Trishajac
    Options
    @ Chris!! Awesome work for you!! DAY 16 of your Challenge #2 - that is quite an accomplishment!!

@ KCaffee - nice encouragement!!

:happy:
  • kcaffee1
    Options
    Restart round 2

Day 1 - lifting today with some heavy mods due to knees acting up. (I TOLD the trainer not to put the last 45 lbs on, but they piled it on any way... so no leg press "working sets"... grrrr... stiff knee after too!) 20 mins of cardio mostly on the elliptical, 7 on the treadmill (slow), and 5 on the rowing machine. Blipping knees!
  • cpanus
    Options
    Day 6 - is a REST day!
    Day 15 - 4/20 -- walked 4.18 miles w/Bean in 62 minutes, 75 mins on challenges.
    Day 16 - 4/21 -- walked 4.34 miles...1/2 w/Bean -- to hot for his black coat -- spent 60 minutes on challenges. A good weekend!
    Day 17 - 4/22 -- walked 4.18 miles in 62 mins, spent 60 minutes on other challenges.
  • cpanus
    Options
    cpanus - you are almost making me envious. You're doing so good.

You have to remember that we have no kids at home ...it's just my sweet husband and me. That makes a huge difference in how you spend your time. Plus, I just don't want to go back to the way I was...ever.

Thank you for your nice comment.

Chris
  • cpanus
    Options
    @ Chris!! Awesome work for you!! DAY 16 of your Challenge #2 - that is quite an accomplishment!!

Thank you!

Chris