21 day Challenge - JOIN IN

Options

Replies

• cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,459 Member
    Options
    Day 1 - Challenge #2 - 22 Apr 2013

Outdoor walk - GPS Data - (lunch walk and then quick drop off of papers at another building)

1st walk -
    34 min 3.37 kilometres = 2.09 miles 219 cal 5.9 km/hour pace (3.66 miles per hour)

2nd walk -
    12 min 1.20 kilometres = 0.75 miles 84 cal 6.0 km/hour pace (3.7 miles per hour)

Total - 46 min / 303 cal / 3.7 pace 4.57 km / 2.85 miles

:flowerforyou:

22 days to my b-day... goal is 20 lbs by my b-day (set back in Feb).... @ 11lbs - can I do it? gonna take a good stab at it!!

I say...work like crazy until your b'day and be very proud of what you've accomplished to that point! I'll start working on the Happy Birthday song...falalalalalalalal...
  • kcaffee1
    kcaffee1 Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    cpanus - you are almost making me envious. You're doing so good.

You have to remember that we have no kids at home ...it's just my sweet husband and me. That makes a huge difference in how you spend your time. Plus, I just don't want to go back to the way I was...ever.

Thank you for your nice comment.

Chris

Kids? What are those? Aren't those the furry things that go "meow", "woof", or "baaaaa"? ::Laughs:: In the house I AM the kid, and I STILL think you are the monster!

Your days definitely set a bar for me to strive for! Summer is coming, and I'll have time to try. Right now, it's coming into finals, so I'm trying to make sure to settle the exercise habit in SOLID, so I can keep it going when crunch time comes in the next couple of weeks.
  • kcaffee1
    Options
    Day 1 - Challenge #2 - 22 Apr 2013

Outdoor walk - GPS Data - (lunch walk and then quick drop off of papers at another building)

1st walk -
    34 min 3.37 kilometres = 2.09 miles 219 cal 5.9 km/hour pace (3.66 miles per hour)

2nd walk -
    12 min 1.20 kilometres = 0.75 miles 84 cal 6.0 km/hour pace (3.7 miles per hour)

Total - 46 min / 303 cal / 3.7 pace 4.57 km / 2.85 miles

22 days to my b-day... goal is 20 lbs by my b-day (set back in Feb).... @ 11lbs - can I do it? gonna take a good stab at it!!

I say...work like crazy until your b'day and be very proud of what you've accomplished to that point! I'll start working on the Happy Birthday song...falalalalalalalal...

Great day taszmac, and I'm sure you can make it. Like cpanus said... work like mad, and it's in the bag!
  • Trishajac
    Trishajac Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Chris & KCaffee.... you Ladies are awesome - I'm glad we 3 connected in this challenge.

Wish more people would have stuck around - but extremely glad that you both did!

Trish
  • Trishajac
    Options
    Day 2 - Challenge #2 - 23 Apr 2013

Treadmill (TM) walk today - 46 min - 30 min with incline and 16 min without incline!

On the road again! :smile:
  • kcaffee1
    Options
    Day 2 - Challenge #2 - 23 Apr 2013

Treadmill (TM) walk today - 46 min - 30 min with incline and 16 min without incline!

On the road again! :smile:

Wow! I can barely stand the 1% incline now, but if I try to walk with out, it MEGA kills my calves! You are going great!

Round 2 - Day 2: 30 mins of walking reported by the HRM, 80 minutes in the pool - 300 m free style and butter fly, 500 m back stroke, 600 m breast stroke - about 10 mins of water calisthenics for the knee, and about 10 mins of treading to warm up. Not counting the 5 mins or so I had to wait while the swim class meandered into and out of the lane. Little ones are great to watch learn, but a pain to dodge!

And, I agree. I thought we'd have Froggy, but after her first (second?) post, she vanished. But, I know this thread's been active enough. I've seen it a couple of times in the "hot" threads list. ::Grins:: Guess everyone else is just chicken seeing the days the bunch of us are turning in!
  • Trishajac
    Options
    k - here is how I will proceed - If I have one day of rest in 7 - I am good with that - and will not "start over".... I have found that thought challenging.

Had a work event today - after hours - so no exercise this evening - but I'll live with that... so ...

Day 1 - worked out / Day 2 worked out / Day 3 - rest day.... I will pick up tomorrow as Day 4. If I get into more than one day of rest in 7 days - I'll restart.

there - .... see you tomorrow on Day 4.

:drinker:
  • kcaffee1
    Options
    Sounds good, tazmac. I know rest days are important, and you are STILL doing great.

Day 3 - lifting again today. 40 minutes moving the heavy objects, and a personal best on the elliptical: 20 whole minutes. For some reason the level 5 incline works much better than the level 1. Don't ask me, but it does. A tiny bit of calisthenics to wrap up the session - not sure how long it took, but I managed 50 push ups on the raised bar (between knee and hip height) - 30 with out a rest, 15, 5 was how it broke down.

Next challenge is to get 40 with out a break! (Floor based push ups aren't likely in my future due to old wrist hyper extensions that never settled back into place properly. But the bar works for now, and feels HARDER!)
  • cpanus
    Options
    Day 1 - 4.23 miles in 62 minutes w/Bean; 60 minutes spent on other challenges...squats, jumping jacks, burpees, etc.
    Day 2 - 4.0 miles in 75 mins w/my daughter and Bean then we went shopping! Lots of walking at the mall!
    Day 3 - 4.35 miles in 63 mins, 70 mins on other challenges jacks, squats, crunches
    Day 4 - no walking today...doc appt...60 mins on challenges push-ups (modified), squats, Russian twists, mountain climbers.
    Day 5 - 4.34 miles in 62 mins, 50 mins on challenges jacks, burpees, leg lifts, hammer curls.
    Day 6 - is a REST day!
    Day 7 - 4.14 miles in 62 mins w/Bean; 70 mins on challenges.
    Day 8 - 4.19 miles in 63 minutes w/Bean, walked 1.44 miles in 51 minutes w/SO and Bean...throwing ball, playing 'keep away'! We had a blast with him! Spent 60 minutes on other challenges.
    Day 9 - 4.19 miles in 63 mins w/Bean again!, walked .87 miles in 26 mins /So and Bean...too cold and windy, 30 DS L1D1 again!and 35 mins on other challenges.
    Day 10 - 4.0 miles walking with Leslie...sound down..30 mins on another exercise DVD. That's all!!
    Day 11 - 4/16 -- walked 4.39 miles in 62 mins., spent 60 mins on challenges and 25 mins on 30DS L1D2.
    Day 12 - 4/17 -- a REST DAY...went shopping with my sweet daughter!
    Day 13 - 4/18 -- walked 4.39 miles in 63 mins, spent 70 mins on other challenges. I get to Bean-sit tomorrow!!!
    Day 14 - 4/19 -- walked 4.45 miles in 65 mins w/Bean, spent 70 mins on challenges and 30 mins on Kelly Coffey-Meyer's Split Sessions - lower body workout. I like her style. It was a good day!
    Day 15 - 4/20 -- walked 4.18 miles w/Bean in 62 minutes, 75 mins on challenges.
    Day 16 - 4/21 -- walked 4.34 miles...1/2 w/Bean -- to hot for his black coat -- spent 60 minutes on challenges. A good weekend!
    Day 17 - 4/22 -- walked 4.18 miles in 62 mins, spent 60 minutes on other challenges.
    Day 18 - 4/23 REST day...got my hair cut.
    Day 19 - 4/24 -- recumbent bike 17 miles in 45 minutes -- spent 60 minutes on my challenges.

Trish - I'm glad we all hung in there too. I think this is a good motivator.

kcaffee1 and Trish - shoot you're both in school...kcaffee, what are you taking? I think you're both amazing to be going to school and keeping up with your exercising. I didn't do nearly as well as you two are doing when I went back to school. Trust me. I could only open mouth and insert food for eight years!! Not a pretty picture!!! Egad!

You both are doing a great job! Keep it up!
  • kcaffee1
    Options
    cpanus - I'm finishing up my bacelors in biology right now. Then I'm hoping to be accepted for an occupational therapy assistant program. I'll cross the bridge about exercise for THAT when I get there. It's a bit more intensive than regular college classes from what I've heard.
  • Trishajac
    Options
    @ K - good working today - lots of variety! good that you could adapt with past injuries!!

@ Chris - you are hitting it out of the park - almost a 2nd 21 days complete!! just great! (pampering with a haircut too! Yay!)

I look forward to hearing how you are doing... it's great!

Trish
  • Trishajac
    Options
    Day 4 - Challenge #2 - 25 Apr 2013

48 minute walk with a gal pal at lunch today! it was great .... and she would like to walk more - so I may have gained a walk buddy!!

Feeling good!!

• kcaffee1
    Options
    Day 4 - Challenge #2 - 25 Apr 2013

48 minute walk with a gal pal at lunch today! it was great .... and she would like to walk more - so I may have gained a walk buddy!!

Feeling good!!

walking buddies are great! Hope you gained one!

Round 2, day 4: Was supposed to be a pool day, but a last minute change in plans, so I had my campus walk - totaled 23 minutes, and then I actually got to try some yoga on the x-box for another 16 minutes. Hats off to anyone who does yoga regularly! I was sweating as much when I got done as I do when I put in the zumba and adventures games TOGETHER! And the legs are wobbly 15 minutes later.
  • cpanus
    Options
    Day 1 - 4.23 miles in 62 minutes w/Bean; 60 minutes spent on other challenges...squats, jumping jacks, burpees, etc.
    Day 2 - 4.0 miles in 75 mins w/my daughter and Bean then we went shopping! Lots of walking at the mall!
    Day 3 - 4.35 miles in 63 mins, 70 mins on other challenges jacks, squats, crunches
    Day 4 - no walking today...doc appt...60 mins on challenges push-ups (modified), squats, Russian twists, mountain climbers.
    Day 5 - 4.34 miles in 62 mins, 50 mins on challenges jacks, burpees, leg lifts, hammer curls.
    Day 6 - is a REST day!
    Day 8 - 4.19 miles in 63 minutes w/Bean, walked 1.44 miles in 51 minutes w/SO and Bean...throwing ball, playing 'keep away'! We had a blast with him! Spent 60 minutes on other challenges.
    Day 9 - 4.19 miles in 63 mins w/Bean again!, walked .87 miles in 26 mins /So and Bean...too cold and windy, 30 DS L1D1 again!and 35 mins on other challenges.
    Day 10 - 4.0 miles walking with Leslie...sound down..30 mins on another exercise DVD. That's all!!
    Day 11 - 4/16 -- walked 4.39 miles in 62 mins., spent 60 mins on challenges and 25 mins on 30DS L1D2.
    Day 13 - 4/18 -- walked 4.39 miles in 63 mins, spent 70 mins on other challenges. I get to Bean-sit tomorrow!!!
    Day 14 - 4/19 -- walked 4.45 miles in 65 mins w/Bean, spent 70 mins on challenges and 30 mins on Kelly Coffey-Meyer's Split Sessions - lower body workout. I like her style. It was a good day!
    Day 16 - 4/21 -- walked 4.34 miles...1/2 w/Bean -- to hot for his black coat -- spent 60 minutes on challenges. A good weekend!
    Day 17 - 4/22 -- walked 4.18 miles in 62 mins, spent 60 minutes on other challenges.
    Day 19 - 4/24 -- recumbent bike 17 miles in 45 minutes -- spent 60 minutes on my challenges.
    Day 20 - 04/25 -- walked 4.35 miles in 62 minutes, spent 60 minutes on my challenges.

Tomorrow I get Bean and my daughter is coming over after work. The three of us will go for our walk when she gets here.I love walking with her and the pup. I was reading that the recumbent bike workout burns more calories than the walk outside...I'm going to have to investigate that claim and find the real truth!!!

Looks like I'll start round three on Sunday! Glad you guys are doing this with me!

Must find my pillow now!

Chris
  • kcaffee1
    Options
    Chris, you are rocking this and making it look EASY! Way to go!

For me another week over, a week closer to finals and panic city - it's not here yet, but I know it's coming!

Round 2, day 5: 45 minutes of swimming - 100 m freestyle (end of session - arms were dead!), 400 m butter fly (getting smoother - actually shaved an average of 2 strokes off the laps!), 1000 m breast stroke (no, that is NOT a typo!), and a little walking around campus - HRM reports .87 miles in 23 minutes. Due to study schedule over the weekend, also tossed in the weed eating around the property and general garden weeding as well. (Debated about this, because I wasn't sure I really wanted a SECOND shower, but decided it would be safer to do it today than risk it NOT getting done!)

Edited to finalize debated activities.
  • kcaffee1
    Options
    Chris, you are rocking this and making it look EASY! Way to go!

For me another week over, a week closer to finals and panic city - it's not here yet, but I know it's coming!

Round 2, day 5: 45 minutes of swimming - 100 m freestyle (end of session - arms were dead!), 400 m butter fly (getting smoother - actually shaved an average of 2 strokes off the laps!), 1000 m breast stroke (no, that is NOT a typo!), and a little walking around campus - HRM reports .87 miles in 23 minutes. Due to study schedule over the weekend, also tossed in the weed eating around the property and general garden weeding as well. (Debated about this, because I wasn't sure I really wanted a SECOND shower, but decided it would be safer to do it today than risk it NOT getting done!)

Edited to finalize debated activities.

Another adjustment - same day. Take out the weed eating... and the gardening was an hour and a half - counted as 45 min of stretching, since I was bent over the entire time weeding, and 45 mins of actual work! Owwie, muscles are talking now... not used to that long in static stretches!
  • Trishajac
    Options
    Ladies,

what can I say - you both ROCK!!

I have no exercise to report today.... rain at lunchtime - and errands to run. Tonight - picked up my 94 year old aunt for dinner with us - and just dropped her off after 9pm.... Will have to see what tomorrow brings!

Congrats on your Days 20 and 4..... awesome work!

Just know - I'm NOT giving up - because I actually am enjoying adding fitness to my day - just sometimes.... life gets in the way!

Have a GREAT weekend!

• kcaffee1
    Options
    hmmmm...That brings to mind something I heard/read/saw some where a while back:

If you want to make HIM laugh, tell HIM your plans

And

Hobbies are what we do for fun. Living is what gets in the way of Fun!

OK, I might have miss quoted the last one. Been a while since I ran into it. But, the sentiment is the same.
  • cpanus
    Options
    Day 6 - is a REST day!
    Day 20 - 04/25 -- walked 4.35 miles in 62 minutes, spent 60 minutes on my challenges.
    Day 21 - 04/26 - recumbent bike for 12.0 miles in 41 minutes, 60 minutes on challenges, 25 minutes on 30 DS.

ROUND 2 Complete!!!!

Ladies, have a wonderful evening!

Chris
  • kcaffee1
    Options
    Congratulations on another VERY successful round, Chris!

Round 2, day 6 - finally go the weed eating done (45 mins). Not much else since I'm stuck sitting at the desk trying to get ready for finals. MIGHT flip on the x-box this evening, since my knees aren't complaining right now, but have to wait and see how the homework load gets thinned out. (will up date later if things change)