21 day Challenge - JOIN IN

Options

Replies

• ellen_kay
    ellen_kay Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    so my morning turned out a little more chaotic than normal. Didn't have enough time to 30DS (was only left with 12 spare minutes) but I did spend 10 of those hula-hooping. Not exactly the burn I was hoping for this morning, but at least it was something. And I have to admit, it isn't as easy as I remember it as a kid, but it was still kind of fun!

Good luck to everyone else today, keep it moving!!

good for you. You know the weight hula-hoops are all the rage now. Videos and everything.
  • kcaffee1
    kcaffee1 Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    @ jezzy-jass - congratulations on getting some exercise in, despite the hectic start to your day! Sometimes just squeezing in those few minutes is all you can do. But, knowing that you DID makes it a nice victorious start to the day.

@ etaylor - Hope you enjoy your walk! Congratulations on your first day as well.

Round 2, day 18 (I think.. loosing track for some reason)
    1/2 swim day - 400 m breast stroke, 100 m butterfly, 100 m breastfly (butterfly kick with breast stroke arms - GOT to get that kick timing down!)
    HRM reported 24 mins to cover .9 miles
  • Trishajac
    Trishajac Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Hey Jesse - good start - some time is better than no time!! grab it all!

etaylor - Good for you planning your Day in advance - Wishing you success on DAY 2

K - Congrats on DAY 18. Your variety will keep your interest... getting closer to the end of ROUND 2.

:flowerforyou:
  • Trishajac
    Options
    Round 2 - Day 12 - 08 May 2013

Busy day @ work - so the walk was after work.

GPS data - 4.4km / 2.74 miles ** 286 cals ** 5.9kmh / 3.7 pace ** 44 min

Upcoming challenge - Fly to Ottawa tomorrow (Thursday) and there until the following Tuesday! Tomorrow will be the hardest day as I have a really full day at work (hosting an annual event) ... and it is over lunch - then home and off to the airport. it may be my "rest" day. Packing my sneakers - so "should" be able to get some exercise in while we are away!

• Trishajac
    Options
    Round 2 - Day 13 - 09 May 2013

Busy day @ work - a little more puttering around than I figured... so I walked for approx. 20- 25 min.... and lifted heavy items from my bldg. to car - car to event location and return... so all in all - not a total loss! :wink:

Off to the airport now - calls for rain in Ottawa too.... bummer.... but I won't count the days out yet!

Wishing you all well - I'm not sure of my MFP access to the msg boards while I'm away!

Keep up the great work!!!

• ellen_kay
    Options
    Here we are on day 3 -- circuit training tonight.
  • kcaffee1
    Options
    @ etaylor

Congratulations on making it another day!
    Hope you had as much fun as possible while doing your circuits!

@ Tazmac

Great day for you, and congratulations on your day 13! I'm sure you will be able to make the exercise thing work wile on your trip, and look forward to when you can get back to tell about what all you did. Especially if you had to get creative to sneak in the said exercise!
  • kcaffee1
    Options
    Round 2, day 19:

A LOT worse than planned.... grrrr

30 minutes finishing up LAST week's house chores (and going to have to do them ALL tomorrow for THIS week. Go figure)
    1 hr something shopping with mom out and about town.
  • jezy_jass
    jezy_jass Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Sorry I've been a little MIA the past couple of days, but on a good note I've done some kind of physical activity each day!!

5/7 = Jililan Michael's 30DS
    5/8 = Hula hooped 10 minutes (not much but it still counts!)
    5/9 = woods/trail walk with the BF = 1.6 miles

Hope everyone else is having a great week! Keep moving!
  • kcaffee1
    Options
    Sorry I've been a little MIA the past couple of days, but on a good note I've done some kind of physical activity each day!!

5/7 = Jililan Michael's 30DS
    5/8 = Hula hooped 10 minutes (not much but it still counts!)
    5/9 = woods/trail walk with the BF = 1.6 miles

Hope everyone else is having a great week! Keep moving!

Not a problem jezy_jass!

Wonderful check in! You're staying on the move, which is what is important.
    We have another member of the challenge who checks in periodically, so you are not alone.
  • kcaffee1
    Options
    5-10 - Rest day

I knew I was going to sleep all day, so didn't fret when I managed it

Round 2, day 20
    A little over 1 hour of Yard chores - weed eating, weeding with some other small gardening chores tossed in
  • kcaffee1
    Options
    Round 2 - day 21!
    POOL DAY! (Yup, I do love my swims!)
    400 m each: Breast stroke, back stroke, free style, butterfly - all done in under an hour!
    10 mins spent in miscellaneous water calisthenics - water jacks (I float well, so I do these in the deep end, and don't actually bounce - great hip work with no stress on the blinky knee) and leg lifts - actually got the legs COMPLETELY out of the water for the first time!
  • ellen_kay
    Options
    Keep forgetting to post. My calendar is at work.

Day 4 - walked to the store and back. 1.56 miles in all
    Day 5 -- spent 3 hours working in the yard. Mowing, edging, planting and spraying weeks.
    Day 6 -- walk at the Green Belt. 2.36.
  • kcaffee1
    Options
    Keep forgetting to post. My calendar is at work.

Day 4 - walked to the store and back. 1.56 miles in all
    Day 5 -- spent 3 hours working in the yard. Mowing, edging, planting and spraying weeks.
    Day 6 -- walk at the Green Belt. 2.36.

Great work! Glad you are getting to enjoy the pleasant weather! You are well on the way to making a wonderful habit that will stick with you for a good long, healthy time!
  • DanniDingo
    DanniDingo Posts: 5
    Options
    Hello all, what a fantastic idea this is!

Day 1: Walk up Mountain. It's 232m high & alot of stairs. It takes me 30 - 35 minutes up & 15 - 20 minutes down at this stage. My aim by 21 days is to be quicker!
  • kcaffee1
    Options
    Hello all, what a fantastic idea this is!

Day 1: Walk up Mountain. It's 232m high & alot of stairs. It takes me 30 - 35 minutes up & 15 - 20 minutes down at this stage. My aim by 21 days is to be quicker!

Welcome in DanniDingo! Great start, and I look forward to seeing how you progress!

Tazmac is currently MIA due to a business trip, but she will be back, and I'm sure she'll say "hi" when she checks back in upon return.
  • kcaffee1
    Options
    Starting round 3 - Not sure if I believe it or not, but that's what the progression says!

Weight day for me:
    20 min warm up on the elliptical
    50 minutes lifting heavy things and putting them down. (first time to work solo without a spotter, and I was a bit apprehensive about going up to full weight, but tried it anyway. Wow! I did it, and am STILL looking at the achievement in wonder!)
    5 min elliptical cool down

HRM reports 30 mins of walking for a total of 1.14 miles, so I guess my "strolling" pace is starting to finally pick back up. (About time too!)
  • ellen_kay
    Options
    Day 7 -- 50 minutes on the treadmill.@ 3.5 mph
  • kcaffee1
    Options

That's quite a walk etaylor! I know when I settle onto the treadmill I'm struggling to keep it around 3, so definitely kudos to go to you for doing such a wonderful job! Keep it up! (And, you are doing great - 1/3 of the way to a wonderful, healthy habit.)
  • ellen_kay
    Options

That's quite a walk etaylor! I know when I settle onto the treadmill I'm struggling to keep it around 3, so definitely kudos to go to you for doing such a wonderful job! Keep it up! (And, you are doing great - 1/3 of the way to a wonderful, healthy habit.)

Is it bad to say I am already looking forward to round 2 of the challenge?