21 day Challenge - JOIN IN

Options

Replies

• kcaffee1
    kcaffee1 Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    etaylor - agree with tazmac on getting any movement in on days you just wanna veg. Great work for your day 13!

tazmac - great day 3. Shopping can be almost as wearing on the body as the weight room, I swear. Especially when you're having to haul in a trunk-load of groceries. Good for you!

Round 3, day 7

15 min warm up on the elliptical
    50 mins to finish phase 1, day 1 for NRLFW

If you are thinking you need to work your core, let me tell you - look up prone jackknives! I didn't feel it so much in the rectus abdominus (the 6-pack muscle), but I felt it everywhere else through the core!
  • judycarton
    judycarton Posts: 1
    Options
    well you got the jump on me ...... but I am in I started today 3 miles of walking ..... let us see where this goes. 21 days here I come
  • kcaffee1
    Options
    welcome judycarton! Nice to have you join us. Tazmac and I are on our 3rd round, but please don't let that intimidate you. You are welcome to join in at any point. Looks like you've got off to a great start, and I look forward to seeing your checkins! Have fun, and we'll see all the wonderful progress you're making on building that wonderful, healthy habit.
  • ellen_kay
    ellen_kay Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Day 14 -- did 1/2 hour weight lifting at the gym the came home and mowed the lawn.
  • jezy_jass
    jezy_jass Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Sorry again for being MIA (weekends = no home internet = only phone app = NO forums :grumble: )

So here's my updates:
    Day 6 - 5/17 = 3.4 miles walk (in addition to 3 miles on elliptical in the a.m.)
    Day 7 - 5/18 = Elliptical 2 miles
    Day 8 - 5/19 = Hula hooping - a little on the lazy side but I figured it was better than nothing!
    Day 9 - 5/20 = 5.75 mile bike ride
    Day 10 - 5/21 = plan to go home and work in the garden & get in either a run or bike ride once it starts to cool off

Hope y'all are doing wonderful & staying active!
  • kcaffee1
    Options
    @ etaylor - WOW! Better lady than I am, that's for sure! On my weight days, I come home, hit the shower and collapse. Great work, keep it up!

@ jezy - no worries about the belated check-in. You are doing great! And, you get creative when you're not out walking - that's always a good plus. Keeps things fun and interesting, which will help ensure you keep up the great work.

Round 3, day 8 -
    It was a pool day today, but I had a mediocre swim. Managed to scrape out 30 mins of breast stroke (about 600 m - should have been closer to 800 at my usual pace) and only 10 mins of butterfly (a whopping 100 m!) I've been trying to tweak my macros to help with a medical issue, and I think I pulled my carbs a little too far down. Especially if I'm going to keep up the activity levels.... I, literally, staggered out of the pool, which I haven't done since I started swimming again.
  • ellen_kay
    Options
    Day 15 -- treadmill day. Tried to kill myself, I am sure. Really trying to build up endurance and speed for my 5k and pushed it hard today. Shower time, dinner and then I am collapsing.
  • Trishajac
    Trishajac Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    WELCOME to judycarton!!! Good for you for joining the group .... we have a few of us checking in now!
    If you can't check in daily - just update the group when you can!

Great walk in to start!!

@ kcaffee - Great going on your elliptical and other work!! Nice swim too!

@ etaylor - Great weight work out for you!! and, bonus with a nice lawn!!
    nice treadmill work.... you will do well with your 5k - I'm sure!!

@ jesse - thanks for the updates!! you've done well. Walking, elliptical, gardening..... and You've also inspired me with the hula hoop.... mine is downstairs - but I'll be bringing it up! It is a weighted one and quite a workout too! yay!

Keep up the great work!

Thanks for sharing your workouts everyone! It is very inspiring!!

Trish

:flowerforyou:
  • Trishajac
    Options
    Round 3

Day 4 - 21 May 13 ***** quiet day around my house today

Day 5 - 21 May 13 ***** 25 min of walking today. not my best effort, long day at work followed by chiropractor appt for back and shoulder adjustments...

It rained all weekend (except for a bit on Sunday - when I was gardening and hurt the shoulder... :frown: ) calls for rain all week into the upcoming weekend..... sucks the life right out of ya!
  • ellen_kay
    Options
    Day 16 -- more weights and then stationary bike. Good work out, but am very tired.
  • kcaffee1
    Options
    @ tazmac - you're still moving, which is a huge accomplishment when any part of the back is arguing with you. Keep it up!

@ etaylor - you are doing great! I have yet to master the stationary bike.. I'm lucky if I can survive the elliptical! (For me, the quads get to burning too bad on either, but less on the elliptical right now. Working on that one.) You've got the right idea, from what little I've read about running, with pushing on the treadmill. Don't forget, though, to get some real feet to pavement time in there as well.

Round 3, day 9

A salvaged day. Quit smoking last night, so I didn't want to leave the house and pass by any temptations to stop and pick up any more cigs. So, missed the gym today.

Managed to get a 1.5 mile walk in right at 34 mins according to the HRM, then did as much of the phase 1, day 2 NRLFW routine as I could with resistance bands at home. Not as good as actually picking up and putting down the heavy iron, but better than nothing, and it keeps me on schedule for tomorrow's pool day.
  • jezy_jass
    jezy_jass Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Day 11, 5/22 = Ran 2.4 miles

I'll be at camp with no signal from tomorrow morning till Monday afternoon, but don't worry I will be back!! I have a running buddy at camp so the plan is to elliptical tomorrow before I leave and then go running Sat & Sun morning. Not sure what Monday will bring, but i'll figure something out.

Hope everyone has a fun, safe, healthy & active Memorial Day Weekend!! :drinker:
  • ellen_kay
    Options
    @ tazmac - you're still moving, which is a huge accomplishment when any part of the back is arguing with you. Keep it up!

@ etaylor - you are doing great! I have yet to master the stationary bike.. I'm lucky if I can survive the elliptical! (For me, the quads get to burning too bad on either, but less on the elliptical right now. Working on that one.) You've got the right idea, from what little I've read about running, with pushing on the treadmill. Don't forget, though, to get some real feet to pavement time in there as well.

Round 3, day 9

A salvaged day. Quit smoking last night, so I didn't want to leave the house and pass by any temptations to stop and pick up any more cigs. So, missed the gym today.

Managed to get a 1.5 mile walk in right at 34 mins according to the HRM, then did as much of the phase 1, day 2 NRLFW routine as I could with resistance bands at home. Not as good as actually picking up and putting down the heavy iron, but better than nothing, and it keeps me on schedule for tomorrow's pool day.

I agree about the pavement. That is why if the weather is good on the weekends I exercise outside instead of going to the gym
  • kcaffee1
    Options
    Round 3, day 11
    Pool day - and a terribly grouchy me when I left.
    500 m (or was it 600? I lost track in there, so not sure) breast stroke
    100 m butterfly
    100 free style
    75 back stroke

(the short day has its roots in why I was grouchy when I left. Still grumbly, but that is from no cigs to bury the grouch.)
  • kcaffee1
    Options
    Day 11, 5/22 = Ran 2.4 miles

I'll be at camp with no signal from tomorrow morning till Monday afternoon, but don't worry I will be back!! I have a running buddy at camp so the plan is to elliptical tomorrow before I leave and then go running Sat & Sun morning. Not sure what Monday will bring, but i'll figure something out.

Hope everyone has a fun, safe, healthy & active Memorial Day Weekend!! :drinker:

Nice run, and hope you've had fun at camp. We'll see you when you get back.
  • ellen_kay
    Options
    Here we are on day 17 -- that went by fast. Started C25K today, was a 30 minute workout and then I did 20 on the bike. Decided that I needed a little help in my training. Funny thing is I will do a 5K half way through the program. But, there will always be others. Fun runs are all over during the summer. :bigsmile:
  • ellen_kay
    Options
    Round 3, day 11
    Pool day - and a terribly grouchy me when I left.
    500 m (or was it 600? I lost track in there, so not sure) breast stroke
    100 m butterfly
    100 free style
    75 back stroke

(the short day has its roots in why I was grouchy when I left. Still grumbly, but that is from no cigs to bury the grouch.)

I envy you the pool. I have never been much of a swimmer, probably due to my fear of drowning. But I haven't let that keep me out of water. Just wish I was better at swimming and had more patience for it. Good for you, Keep it up.
  • Trishajac
    Options
    Great to see all of your work outs!

I'm hoping to feel better - gain some energy to get back in the game of exercise. My plate has become a platter again both at work - and with the final project I have due for my University certificate.

I won't add to my days until fitness is a part of it.

I'll check in daily though to see how you all are doing! Keep up the great work!!

:flowerforyou:
  • kcaffee1
    Options
    @ tazmac - school is definitely important, and it sounds like you've got more than just your hands full right now! Shame you can't add "mental juggling" to the list of cardio exercises! Sounds like you'd be able to report 24+ hour times if you could! Keep your chin up, and I'm sure we'll keep things rolling here for you.

@ etaylor - I turn into the WORST grouch when I don't get my pool time, and I've got a pool available to use. And, right now, I'm bad enough because I'm finally kicking the last of my bad habits out the door (and it doesn't really want to let go just yet, but I'm winning the argument!) So, I don't like adding more grouchiness to the mix. I'm grateful that we have a pool at school, else wise I'd be having to figure out how to get most of my exercise in.

Great day 17! And, don't worry about your 5K, you will at the very least FINISH it, which is laps beyond what I can do right now. And, in finishing, that will give you a time to better NEXT time you do a 5K. (Right now if I tried a 5k, I'd have to walk the whole thing, and I'm not sure I'd be able to make the entire distance on my feet. Swimming? Not a problem, but land work is proving iffy right now.) So, keep your chin up, go own the event, and keep up the great work!

Round 3, day 12

Vastly different than I had planned - not quite a rest day, though, that's what I'm claiming
    Wound up spending most of the day waiting on my door and door frame to finish drying from the 30 minutes spent painting the blasted thing. Talk about a day breaker! Oh, well, I can still get to the gym tomorrow and make up what I missed today.
  • ellen_kay
    Options
    Day 18 -- tough one, wasn't feeling it today but I did 25 mins of strength training and then 25 on the bike. Got it done.