21 day Challenge - JOIN IN

Options

Replies

• kcaffee1
    kcaffee1 Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    Yay for sun! We're battening down the hatches again here. Supposed to have a good chance of getting some rough weather in either late tonight or tomorrow evening - none of the weathermen on any of the channels can agree where it's going to head for, or how bad it will be locally. (You'd think with all the satellite channels SOMEONE would agree!)

Good job tazmac, glad you were able to get out and about.

Next day for me (I've lost track at this point) -

32 minute walk reported by the pedometer on the HRM
    45 minute swim
    20 minutes or so with minor house chores. (Only claiming it because my arms are already dead from the swim, and I did this AFTER. UGH! not nice to arm muscles!)
  • tmccarter11
    tmccarter11 Posts: 39
    Options
    Hi everyone! I had wrist surgery 8 days ago and have not been working out. I finally got out today for a good walk. I live in the country and we have tons of hills around, so i get going and use the hills to get my heart rate up. I use a monitor to track my calories and an app to track my distance. It was hard getting back into it but by the end of the walk, i felt so good about doing it. then, i read this post. I hope its not too late to check in.
    Day 1- walked 4 miles and burned 627 calories.
  • kcaffee1
    Options
    Hi everyone! I had wrist surgery 8 days ago and have not been working out. I finally got out today for a good walk. I live in the country and we have tons of hills around, so i get going and use the hills to get my heart rate up. I use a monitor to track my calories and an app to track my distance. It was hard getting back into it but by the end of the walk, i felt so good about doing it. then, i read this post. I hope its not too late to check in.
    Day 1- walked 4 miles and burned 627 calories.

Not at all! Welcome tmccarter11! A few of us have been around a while, others are still getting started, and some are somewhere in between. I'm sure tazmac will leave a message tomorrow in welcome as well. I'm sure we all look forward to seeing your updates!
  • ellen_kay
    ellen_kay Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Round 2, day 1 -- kind of fell of the wagon so to speak. But I had a good reason. Was at the gym and had gotten 15 mins into my strength training and got a text that my niece has a voice recital. So I quit my workout and went. It felt good and she did a beautiful job. Back at it hard tomorrow.
  • VixPal1
    VixPal1 Posts: 14
    Options
    Yesterday I was busy at work but better late than never!

I did p90x legs and back video and ate fairly well all day. I can't seem to get enough calories without going over my allotment of sugars and fats. I guess I will keep trying to get it right!

Will re-post tonight with todays workout!
  • tmccarter11
    Options
    Started using runkeeper app this morning. Very nice app for tracking speed and distance. I did 2.5 miles and averaged 3.8 mph.
    It even gave me my elevation number since I have tons of hills in my small town. Might walk later tonight to burn extra calories but it depends how I feel.
  • tmccarter11
    Options
    Day 2- Started using runkeeper app this morning. Very nice app for tracking speed and distance. I did 2.5 miles and averaged 3.8 mph.
    It even gave me my elevation number since I have tons of hills in my small town. Might walk later tonight to burn extra calories but it depends how I feel.
  • ellen_kay
    Options
    Day 2- Started using runkeeper app this morning. Very nice app for tracking speed and distance. I did 2.5 miles and averaged 3.8 mph.

I use that app and love it. Showed it to my dad and he thinks it's the greatest new invention.
  • Trishajac
    Trishajac Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    @ kcaffee1
    ****************** Great work with your walk, swimming & housework!! Great going!

@tmccarter11
    *******************WELCOME TO THE CHALLENGE!! Kcaffee hit the nail on the head with the update for you.... We will all look forward to your posts! Posting our daily accomplishments motivates us and hopefully motivates you!! .... and walks are GREAT!
    Great work with your walk and that's a great pace!! Runkeeper app. Is that something for your phone?

@etaylor
    *******************Good for you on getting your Round 2 on the go! so nice that your niece had a great recital! :)

@VixPal1
    ******************* Good going with the P90X legs and back!! I hear that the P90x is quite the work out!!

Happy to see a few of us checking in!
    Awesome!

:flowerforyou:
  • Trishajac
    Options
    Round 3 - Day 8 - 29 May 13

On the go lots today - not a steady to and from walk but ....

Off to a display this morning, and back to my car with gear - carrying 1/2 (tabletop display board) and suitcase full of promotional material.... to the location (up a beautiful winding marble staircase) (UGH) ... and back to car.

Off to another meeting and back again

Off to HQ and back to my office....

Off to the Dentist had to park a few blocks away - and back to my car.

Off to grocery store and back to car....

then off to a hair appt and back home.... My day started at 6:00am ... and I didn't stop until about 8:30 pm (with achy feet) ....

Wasn't breaking any speed limits - but hey a lot of moving with the addition of lifting heavy gear, etc.

Good day!

• ellen_kay
    Options
    Round 2 Day 2 -- 31 mins of C25K training and 19 min of 3.5 walking. Boy did it feel good. I was exhausted from not sleeping last night and starting to get onery. Workout helped me level.
  • tmccarter11
    Options

@tmccarter11
    *******************WELCOME TO THE CHALLENGE!! Kcaffee hit the nail on the head with the update for you.... We will all look forward to your posts! Posting our daily accomplishments motivates us and hopefully motivates you!! .... and walks are GREAT!
    Great work with your walk and that's a great pace!! Runkeeper app. Is that something for your phone?

I am wanting to run so bad but the jostling of my wrist only a week after surgery worries me. I need to wait until next thursday when i get my sugical wrap off and the stitches out. I guess when you are used to working out everyday, you miss it. And yes, runkeeper is an app i just found for my iphone and it is free. It keeps track of everything while you are walking, hiking, cycling, running and lots more. It uses a GPS signal to track exactly where you are walking if you are outside. Kinda spooky really haha. Thanks for the encouraging words!
  • tmccarter11
    Options
    Yesterday I was busy at work but better late than never!

I did p90x legs and back video and ate fairly well all day. I can't seem to get enough calories without going over my allotment of sugars and fats. I guess I will keep trying to get it right!

Will re-post tonight with todays workout!

I always go over on my fats because i eat a lot of almonds and cashews. Usually an ounce of each everyday. I am pre-diabetic so i have to watch my carbs. I guess i make up for it with what i would hope are healthy fats.
  • tmccarter11
    Options
    Day 3-long walk
    woke up and felt like a long and very hilly walk today. Did 4.76 miles and averaged about 3.4 mph. Was actually taking it easy today and i ended up challlenging myself more as i was walking.
  • ellen_kay
    Options
    Day 3-long walk
    woke up and felt like a long and very hilly walk today. Did 4.76 miles and averaged about 3.4 mph. Was actually taking it easy today and i ended up challlenging myself more as i was walking.

That is awesome. The days I feel like I am going to take it easy are the days that I end up pushing myself the most. Good job.
  • kcaffee1
    Options
    Round 2, day 1 -- kind of fell of the wagon so to speak. But I had a good reason. Was at the gym and had gotten 15 mins into my strength training and got a text that my niece has a voice recital. So I quit my workout and went. It felt good and she did a beautiful job. Back at it hard tomorrow.

You got SOME exercise in, so that's a good thing. Just because you didn't get the entire planned workout in, you proved your dedication, and the establishment of your wonderful habit. Congrats, and it sounds like you had a wonderful time at your niece's recital!
  • kcaffee1
    Options
    Going to cheat....

Welcome to all the new faces! I usually would post a more individualized response, but between weather moving in, and the internet trying to flake out, I'm cheating.

Congrats to everyone on a successful past few days! (Again, sorry about the blanket statement, see above!)

I'm finally back on track, and tracking hard!
    2 hours in the pool today with a personal best in the first hour! 450 m in each of my swim strokes finished in that hour, then swam out the remaining hour.
    HRM pedometer reports 31 mins of walking around campus (Summer classes started today, so the walking will finally be a guaranteed part of the day again. Yay, or ugh?)
  • Trishajac
    Options
    Round 3 - Day 9 - 30 May 13

beautiful day here - had to get a walk in outside!!

GPS Watch data: 2.40 miles / 3.86 km *** 37.15 min *** 262 calories *** 3.8 pace

Keeping it going!

• Trishajac
    Options
    @ etaylor - great job!! Round 2 Day 2 -- 31 mins of C25K training and 19 min of 3.5 walking. Boy did it feel good. I was exhausted from not sleeping last night and starting to get onery. Workout helped me level.

Exercise sure can help in "levelling us out"! I agree!

@ tmccarter11

Wish I had heard of that app before I bought my GPS watch. but I think I'll still check it out .... my watch calculates speed/pace, calories, km/miles walked and time .... I like it - it is a motivating tool for me!!

Great job on your hilly walk and your variety with the P90x!

@ kcaffee

great pool work .. and good for you with the added walks again! Your number (weight loss) is amazing and your efforts are paying off!

Great encouragement going on out there!! We've got a great group going!!

• ellen_kay
    Options
    Round 2 Day 3 -- 20 min strength training/weights and 35 on the stationary bike.