21 day Challenge - JOIN IN

Options

Replies

• kcaffee1
    kcaffee1 Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    Day 7 -- 50 minutes on the treadmill.@ 3.5 mph

That's quite a walk etaylor! I know when I settle onto the treadmill I'm struggling to keep it around 3, so definitely kudos to go to you for doing such a wonderful job! Keep it up! (And, you are doing great - 1/3 of the way to a wonderful, healthy habit.)

Is it bad to say I am already looking forward to round 2 of the challenge?

Nope! That's a GREAT attitude to have. Keep at it, and it will roll around before you know it! And, having a goal to work towards for most people is great incentive to get out there and do what you know and want to do just to see that goal met, broken, and passed.

Round 3, day 2
    A little slower for me. Was supposed to be a pool day, but sadly, I got distracted and didn't get out the door in time to actually get there with enough time to finish a nice swim. So, I spent the day working around the room, moving the heavy books and folders from last semester into accessible storage, and setting up the "study" shelf for the coming Summer and Fall semesters. I didn't tear into it all at once, so the fact that I finished in 6 hours, I only really spent an hour or so doing this.

HRM reports 32 mins walking while I was out with the parents grocery shopping and running some niggling chores in town.

But, for a student, prepping for the next semester is almost as important as actually making classes. Guess today wasn't a loss in my books. Just not QUITE the day I was expecting.
  • kcaffee1
    Options
    For got to add into the mix - my 20 minute zumba. oops!
  • Trishajac
    Trishajac Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Hi my 21 day Challenge mates!!

I'm back - but it's late and I'll give some updates tomorrow! I did pretty well with my challenge while I was away and will give some details.

Happy to see another person has joined and a few more regular entries from other participants!! Yahoo!

Trish

:flowerforyou:
  • Trishajac
    Options
    For anyone just peeking in on the challenge - let me say HI... and COME AND JOIN IN!

Would love to see you join the 21 day Challenge!!

I started this challenge to encourage myself to get at IT!!!

Round one for me was about 40 days before I had a couple of days off.... and now plugging away in Round 2!

The purpose of the challenge is to inject "purposeful" fitness into your day. If you can do 21 days worth - you will likely have developed a habit that you will want to take forward!

If you don't do a lot of fitness now - start small and build up..... the odd rest day is okay (just as long as it's not every other day) :smile:

Here's encouraging you to try it out! I will be in daily (unless absolutely unable) to encourage you along the way!

Trish

• DanniDingo
    DanniDingo Posts: 5
    Options
    Yesterday was day 2, got up the mountain in 25 minutes & down in 15 minutes jogging down most of the way. I'd say this will have to stay the same for a while as I was absolutely dying and had to stop multiple times on the way up but I'm sure by 21 days it will get better! :)

GO GO GO everyone else, YOU CAN DO IT!
  • kcaffee1
    Options
    Yesterday was day 2, got up the mountain in 25 minutes & down in 15 minutes jogging down most of the way. I'd say this will have to stay the same for a while as I was absolutely dying and had to stop multiple times on the way up but I'm sure by 21 days it will get better! :)

GO GO GO everyone else, YOU CAN DO IT!

Great work for your second day! Keep aiming at your goal, and you will find yourself flying past it with flying colors!
  • ellen_kay
    ellen_kay Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Day 8 -- 20 min circuit training and 30 mins on stationary bike
  • jezy_jass
    jezy_jass Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Looks like everyone is doing a fantastic job!! Great work!

I, like usual, was a bit of a slacker over this past weekend (those are my problem days), but have tried to hop right back into it this week.

Monday 5/13 - elliptical 3 miles (back at day 1 I guess)
    Tuesday 5/14 - elliptical 3 miles
    Wednesday 5/15 - 30 DS, might try to squeeze in a little bit of something else tonight after work too.

I know i've been a sort of MIA these past few days. Thanks Tazmac for not forgetting about me and giving me a little kick in the butt to participate!!
  • kcaffee1
    Options

Nice work etaylor! Any tips on how to survive the stationary bike? Or is it just sheer patience and determination? (I barely survive 5 minutes, then my legs are burning so bad, I have to switch to the treadmill. Even the elliptical at that point isn't usable!)
  • kcaffee1
    Options
    Looks like everyone is doing a fantastic job!! Great work!

I, like usual, was a bit of a slacker over this past weekend (those are my problem days), but have tried to hop right back into it this week.

Monday 5/13 - elliptical 3 miles (back at day 1 I guess)
    Tuesday 5/14 - elliptical 3 miles
    Wednesday 5/15 - 30 DS, might try to squeeze in a little bit of something else tonight after work too.

I know i've been a sort of MIA these past few days. Thanks Tazmac for not forgetting about me and giving me a little kick in the butt to participate!!

Back on track it seems, though. NOT giving up is a victory in, and of, itself! For the weekends, have you considered doing some yard work (gardening, mowing, hedge trimming with manual hedge trimmers) or going for a walk/bike ride? Especially if you have little ones? (just pace the walk to the their legs, and you'll probably find your legs BURNING like mad because you keep the stride length unnaturally short!)
  • Trishajac
    Options
    Here are my updates for while I was out of town... and added today!

Round 2 – Day 19 - 15 May 13 – GPS data = 4.4km / 2.74 miles ** 45 min ** 286 calories ** 5.9 km / 3.7 pace

Round 2 – Day 18 - 14 May 13 - GPS data = 5.09km / 3.16 miles ** 51.48 min ** 352 calories ** 3.6 mph / 5.8 kmh pace

Round 2 – Day 17 - 13 May 13 - GPS data = 4.63 km / 2.87 miles ** 43.45 minutes ** 323 calories ** 6.3 kmh / 3.9 mph pace

Round 2 – Day 16 - 12 May 13 - GPS data = 3.76 km or 2.336 miles ** 36 min ** 261 calories ** 6.2kmh or 3.85 pace

Round 2 – Day 15 - 11 May 13 – 30 – 40 min walk to and from celebration (Sat afternoon) and to bus stop and around downtown – approx 3.0 to 3.5 pace

Round 2 – Day 14 - 10 May 13 - GPS walk data - 5 km / 3.1 mile ** 48 min ** 355 cal burned ** 3.8 pace

For our newbies - you will usually see me log my fitness for the challenge daily - as I find that motivating for myself!!

Trish
  • Trishajac
    Options
    Pats on the back to: Jesse; etaylor; kcaffee and Danni

great work on progressing your challenges

:smokin:
  • kcaffee1
    Options
    tazmac, you said you weren't going to let the business trip get in your way. I can see that you made that trip sit down, take out the note pad, and start scribbling notes like mad! Great job, and wonderful dedication to keep things moving while away from home! Keep it up.
  • ellen_kay
    Options

Nice work etaylor! Any tips on how to survive the stationary bike? Or is it just sheer patience and determination? (I barely survive 5 minutes, then my legs are burning so bad, I have to switch to the treadmill. Even the elliptical at that point isn't usable!)

the bikes at my gym have a tv on them. So I watch tv to distract me and before you know it, the time is up. Just training and determination.
  • ellen_kay
    Options
    day 9 -- treadmill day. 50 mins. Trying to get faster and in shape for a 5k next month
  • kcaffee1
    Options
    Round 3, day 3 - Salvaged!

Rain here today, so I got a massive case of "I ain't gonna wake up or do nuthin'!"

Managed to actually get in:

30 mins combined body weight calisthenics/stretches
    15 mins resistance band work (replace the weight room today since I didn't actually leave the house)
    30 mins of brushing out the area rug (could have vacuumed, but figured I'd get a better overall workout this way, and the vacuum doesn't like scrubbing out the cat fur anyway.)
  • kcaffee1
    Options
    day 9 -- treadmill day. 50 mins. Trying to get faster and in shape for a 5k next month

Great work on day 9!

I'm sure you'll do great! You look to have the determination to make a mountain move just because it had the gall to get in your way.
  • andysmom
    andysmom Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I like this idea! I'm starting tomorrow 5/16. Just got a Fitbit One for Mother's day and I've no excuses! Will check tomorrow night to tell how it went.
  • DanniDingo
    DanniDingo Posts: 5
    Options
    Day 3 - Legs too sore for the mountain climb so ran 10 minutes on treadmill & then fast pace walk with 3KG had weights for 20 minutes.

Day 4 - Mountain climb with work mates, slower paced than usual but still a good burn!
  • jezy_jass
    jezy_jass Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Day 4 - Did do much in the traditional sense of cardio, but I did get a butt-load of cleaning done last night. Went for a short walk with the dogs, and cleaned the camper out for Memorial Day weekend (I do believe there were several squats, lunges, and lifting involved!)

Hope everyone else had an active evening & that it continues into today!